Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
285
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
10
Hits:
1,427

Ease Of Emotion

Summary:

It isn’t easy to love Tim, but Kon does.

Work Text:

Ease Of Emotion   

 

Kon found it easy to like Cassie. She was smart, pretty, funny, interesting, and really hot. Also, she really liked him.

 

Kon liked Cassie, but he liked Tim, too. After all, Tim had been his bud since before either of them had known each other’s names – since before he’d even had a name – and now, after over a year in Young Justice, they were best friends.

 

It wasn’t nearly as easy to like Tim as it was to like Cassie, however; he was smart and attractive, but almost painfully naïve in the ways of social interaction. Also, he brooded enough that it was no wonder why people called him Mini-Bat.

 

But liking Cassie was easy, which was good, because she and Kon were sort of dating. Though Kon wondered, sometimes, if he hadn’t taken the easy way out with her. Liking Cassie was easy, but liking Tim wasn’t.

 

Loving Tim was even harder. But sometimes Kon thought he did. Sometimes…all the time. He knew he did. He just didn’t know what the hell that meant, or what he was supposed to do about it.

 

He knew what he should do – stay true to Cassie. But what he wanted to do was try things out with Tim. And was it really fair to Cassie if he didn’t want her as much as Tim? No, but it was easier being with her, instead of taking a chance on Tim.

 

Kon wanted to take that chance, though. Maybe, if he wanted it bad enough…it wouldn’t be hard at all.

 

And maybe, if he was lucky, Tim was finding it just as hard to like – or even love – Kon.