Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
801
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
7
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
1,057

Gave him my name

Summary:

Think Happy thoughts...Jim/Nick

Work Text:

Disclaimer: All CSI characters, settings, etc. are the property of CBS and Anthony Zuiker. I am in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise.  No copyright infringement is intended.

 

 Gave him my name 

 

“You’re more cheerful.”

 

Jim, spoon dangling from his mouth whilst he wrestled the lid of a yogurt off, looked up and quirked an eyebrow at Nick. The younger man had his arms folded on the back of the sofa as he faced him and his head was cocked slightly in question.

 

Jim found himself smirking around the spoon slightly.

 

“I don’t do cheerful,” he said dryly as he walked towards the sofa, Nick turning with his movements, until he was sat beside his young lover once more happily spooning the strawberry substance into his mouth. Nick instantly made himself comfortable with his feet in Jim’s lap.

 

“You can,” Nick said, smirking a little himself now.

 

“Well don’t tell anyone then.”

 

Nick laughed.

 

“I mean it though, you seem...lighter recently.”

 

“Try picking me up, you’ll soon change your mind.”

 

“You’re not that heavy, I could probably do it.”

 

“I’ll be sure not to give you an opportunity to try then.”

 

“And not only that, I have to applaud you on your attempt to change the subject.”

 

“Damn, you noticed that?”

 

“Jim,” Nick sighed.

 

“Nick,” Jim mimicked, his smirk growing wider, which prompted a grin from Nick.

 

“See, this is what I’m on about. Catherine mentioned you and ‘Max’.”

 

“She can’t say much, she was practically laughing her ass off at the scene.”

 

“Man up to his waist in cement, trying to dispose his accidentally murdered wife’s body? Who wouldn’t?”

 

Jim chuckled and placed his now empty yogurt pot and spoon down on the coffee table. Leaning back he rested his hands on Nick’s ankles and moved his thumb in an arching stroke.

 

“What can I say? I’m alive and appreciating it,” Jim said, thinking momentarily of the date tattooed under his bullet-wound scar, smiling as he remembered Nick coming up with the idea (apparently the younger man felt anything overly fancy would look weird).

 

Nick smiled gently and reached forwards to take one of Jim’s hands in both of his, toying aimlessly with his fingers. Jim smiled and wiggled his fingers lightly then left them to his lover’s devises.

 

“And there’s something I’ve been thinking about for a while I guess,” he continued and Nick looked from his idle ministrations.

 

“Oh?”

 

“Yeah…would it bother you to have your post delivered to a PO box?”

 

Nick stopped playing with Jim’s digits and frowned at him with a look of amused bemusement.

 

“That’s what has you making bets with suspects?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“…I think I’ve allowed Greg to hang out here to often, you’re catching his bad habits.”

 

“Insanity is contagious.”

 

“Okay, I’ll bite: No it wouldn’t be hard but why would I need to?”

 

Jim glanced at him out of the corner of his eye.

 

“Then you wouldn’t need to change your address to mine on your records.”

 

“Why would I…oh…”

 

Silence reigned. Jim knew it was a big step, had gone over it many times in his mind in fact, but then he also knew that this was it, this was the person he intended to stay with for as long as he had to offer life wise. But he had to know.

 

“Nicky?”

 

“…”

 

“Nick? You okay?”

 

“…”

 

Jim sighed.

 

“Look, never mind, it was just…”

 

He didn’t get to finish his sentence as he was suddenly bowled over with a pair of eager lips attached to his own. Stunned for a second and then mentally shrugging he returned the kiss with just as much ferocity until Nick finally came up for air.

 

“You mean it?”

 

“Wouldn’t ask if I…”

 

He was silenced again with another kiss.

 

“What about the other cops?”

 

“Hence the PO…”

 

Silenced again.

 

“You really want me here?”

 

“Am I going to be allowed to answ…”

 

No, no he clearly wasn’t going to be allowed to answer this time. Sighing reservedly (but secretly happily) into the mouth covering his own he wrapped his arms around Nick’s waist and allowed himself to be swept away by Nick’s eagerness.

 

He smirked when a dazed looking Nick finally pulled back enough to look him in the eyes with a huge grin on his face.

 

“Yes,” was all he said simply but Jim felt that warm bubbling feeling in his chest that he might’ve once upon a time pessimistically considered to be the beginnings of a stroke. Now he knew it was just the side effect of having a wonderfully kind and attractive younger lover in his life.

 

“Good.”

 

And then he gripped the back of Nick’s head and proceeded to kiss him within an inch of his life.

 

Fin