Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
245
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
8
Hits:
1,866

Drabble: Russian

Summary:

Sara didn't know Jim speaks Russian. Note: "���¾ Ñ��º�¾Ñ€�¾�¹ �²Ñ�Ñ‚Ñ€�µÑ‡�¸" means "see you soon."

Work Text:

Catherine and Sara were on their way to Jim’s office. Sara stopped short in the hall just outside when she heard him on the phone. Her brow furrowed.

Catherine stopped as well. “What is it?” she asked in confusion.

Sara shook her head and blinked. “Is Jim speaking Russian?”

Catherine fought back an evil grin. She didn’t want to have to explain it to Sara. What Sara didn’t know, couldn’t hurt Jim and Eric. She cocked her head to the side, listening. “I think so.”

“I’ve heard him speak Spanish. I had no idea he knew Russian, too.”

Catherine shrugged. “So what?”

Sara shrugged, too. “Nothing. Just didn’t expect it.”

Catherine peeked in at Jim and said loudly, “He’s a man of many talents.”

Jim smirked and waved them in. “Ã�"Ã�¾ Ñ�Ã�ºÃ�¾Ã‘€Ã�¾Ã�¹ Ã�²Ã‘�Ñ‚Ñ€Ã�µÃ‘‡Ã�¸,” he said warmly into the receiver and hung up.

Sara dropped into one of the seats in front of his desk. “A friend?” she asked conversationally.

Jim grinned. “Yeah.”

“I didn’t know you speak Russian.” Sara looked at him mischievously. “She must be a great woman.”

Jim exchanged a brief look with Catherine. “There’s lots of things you don’t know about me.”

Catherine laughed. “And that’s better for your peace of mind, Sara.”

Jim cleared his throat. His tone indicated that it was time to work. “Now, what can I do for you ladies?”