Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
429
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
11
Hits:
1,492

Close Calling

Summary:

Eric wasn't asking for Mari because he thought she was still alive...

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Title: Close Calling

Author: BuffyAngel68

Fandom: CSI: M

Rating: FRC

Summary: Eric wasn't asking for Mari because he thought she was still alive...
Can't really call this a post-ep, so let's make it a missing scene. Could also be considered a sequel to my drabble Never Too Many

Disclaimer: Don't own them, never did and never will. I do this out of a sense of justice, clarity and closure that the writers and producers occasionally deny to their faithful viewers.

-----------------

Darkness swirled around him, effectively smothering him. He fought to pull in air, to find some way to breathe, but nothing worked and he began to panic. His fear and anger reached such an intense level that he knew he should be crying, but no tears fell. He became more frantic, struggling to deny that his body had shut down and he was dying. He only calmed when a hand reached out and grasped his tightly. The cloying black haze vanished instantly and he spun to see who had rescued him.

"Mari? Oh my God... no."

"Eric, it's alright. Take it easy..."

"No... no, you were... I went to your funeral! God, this can't be happening!"

Suddenly another hand dropped to his shoulder and squeezed firmly.

"It isn't supposed to. Not yet, anyway."

"Speed! Speedy..."

"It's way too soon for you, buddy. You need to go back."

"But... if God wants me here..."

"This wasn't his doing. Not every death happens because he wills it. There are other forces at work in the world. You know... you see it every day."

"Besides, Horatio needs you, hermano." Mari added. "You and he have important things to do... you have a future together."

"A what? What are you saying, Mari..."

"You'll see, but you have to go back first."

"Mari, no... I won't leave you again!"

"We'll see each other soon enough... when the time is right. Now go take care of Horatio for me. Make sure he survives what he's about to do. He'll blame himself and you can't let that happen."

"Mari..."

"No more questions, Eric." Speed told him anxiously. "You don't go back soon you won't be able to. If H loses all of us, the Light could lose him. Go, damn it!"

"I miss you guys... both of you."

"We know. We'll always watch over the both of you. Now get moving!"

Warm hands turned him and shoved and he was back in the darkness, but only for a moment. He tumbled through the choking fog and into cold, bright reality, bolting upright with a gasp.

----------------------

END

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author BuffyAngel68.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.