Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationships:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 9 of Dress Up
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
530
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
2
Kudos:
7
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
1,756

Dress up 12: Quiet Before the Storm

Summary:

the story unfolds

Work Text:

Dress up 12: Quiet Before the Storm
by PEJA

"What else?" Mulder screeched. "What else has he ....she mutilated?" He reached for Lexi, a kind of madness glowing in his eyes.

Skinner slapped his hands away. "Enough, Mulder. Leave her alone."

"But....but...Did he cut off his....Oh my god...My god..."

"Get out of here until you can get your head on straight, Mulder>"

"Sir?"

"Out." Skinner's voice brooked no disobedience. "Now."

Mulder's infamous pout flashed briefly and he stormed out of the shower, slowing only enough to grab his clothes on the way out of the room.

Lexi burrowed deeper into Skinner's embrace and drawing his full attention. He murmured soft nonsense words as the distraught woman sobbed against his chest. Her tears slowly ran down, leaving her trembling and weighted both physically and mentally. When she tried to step away from Skinner, her knees wouldn't support her.

Skinner was quick to recapture her in his arms, swinging her up against his chest and carrying her, dripping wet, to the waiting bed.

"No, I'm drenched. The sheets..." Lexi murmured, her sable head lolling. "The dressing table. I can sit there a moment."

Skinner changed direction and settled her gently on the cushioned chair. He ran an eagle eye over her trembling form, amazed to see the warm blush course over her as she veiled her small breasts in the classic crossing of arms.

Infected with her obvious feminine shyness, he mumbled something about towels and escaped into the bath only to return with two huge fluffy towels moments later. He wrapped her up in the soft cotton, clumsily helping her discard the sopping wet clothing under the cover of the second towel.

Lexi let him work over her with scarce notice, staring at something she only saw in her mind's eyes.

"Lexi?" Skinner hunkered down to her level, lifted her chin and forced her to look at him, waiting patiently until the dark shadows cleared and he knew she was back with him. Hearing him. "Lexi, talk to me."

She smiled softly, cupping his cheek. "I'm alright, Walter. Don't fuss." Her eyes moved to the door. "At least we've put finish to that impossible dream." She met his eyes then. "There's just one thing I don't understand."

Skinner chuckled softly. "Just one?"

She thought that over, then nodded. "For now."

"Want to bounce it off me, then?"

"It makes no sense. Why you came here, I mean."

"Doesn't it?"

She shook her head. "I mean, you claim it wasn't to arrest me. Well, you could hardly do that cuz ....well, you just can't, can you? And you went all heroic and saved my life when all you would have had to do was sit back and let me fade away like a bad memory. And now, Mulder gets all upset because he thinks I may have had a sex change. And you...you get all gentle and supportive." Another shake of her head. "No, no sense. No sense at all."

Skinner smiled, leaning slowly towards her, giving her plenty of time to prevent him, and whispering. "No sense at all," just before his lips closed over hers

Series this work belongs to: