Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Categories:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 7 of Moving Day
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Completed:
2004-07-28
Words:
1,266
Chapters:
2/2
Comments:
1
Kudos:
21
Hits:
3,381

Room to spare

Summary:

Kate forces a secret out sooner than Gibbs would have liked. WARNING: Cockroaches!!

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Chapter 1: 1/?

Notes:

Disclaimer: The characters from the show aren't mine, they belong to others. No copyright infringement intended. Any characters you don't recognise are mine. Feedback would be nice, positive feedback would be nicer. Enjoy!
Category: NCIS slash/het fic (honest)
Rating: FRT-17
Characters: Gibbs/Dinozzo/Kate
Series: Yes
Spoilers: None -- not canon
Summary: Kate forces a secret out sooner than Gibbs would have liked.
Archive: Just tell me where it's going
Additional `stuff': WARNING: Mention of insects. YUKK!!
Set in my Moving Day universe a few months in.

Chapter Text

Title: Room to spare - One

`Tony? It's Kate. I know it's short notice but...' Kate prepared herself to grovel massively after all her digs about not wanting to see Tony's apartment. With an infestation of cockroaches in her apartment building, residents were being asked to move out for the weekend so the building could be fumigated. She frowned as she heard a voice in the background. Something about dishes...she couldn't quite make out the words but the voice was familiar.

`Hey Kate. What's up?'

Kate heard the sounds of Tony licking his lips and was distracted. `Uh...I..uh...I've gotta find a place to stay for the weekend. Can I use your couch? Please.' The line was silent for several seconds. `Tony?'

`Yeah Kate...hang on a second, okay?' She heard the muffled sounds of a conversation, probably Tony's hand over the mouthpiece as he made some excuse why he had to leave Gibbs' house.

`Kate?'

`Gibbs?'

`Yeah. Um, why don't you stay at my place. I've got a spare room. Gotta be better than Tony's couch.'

Kate couldn't think of a single excuse. She was a little jealous at the thought of Tony and not both of them being invited over for dinner. `Uh...that would be great. Thanks Gibbs.' Folding her phone closed, Kate closed her eyes for a long moment. `Well done Kate. Two days with the boss.' Looking at her watch she huffed and began hurriedly stuffing clothes into her overnight bag.

******************************

Tony looked at Gibbs, cautiously checking his lovers' mood. `We did say we...uh...wanted her to know.'

Casting Tony an evil look, Gibbs handed him a dripping plate and the dishcloth. `Load the dishwasher. I'll go tidy the spare room. How long did she say she would be?'

Tony shrugged. `You didn't ask?'

Gibbs glared at him and strode out of the kitchen heading for the stairs.


End of part one...