Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
180
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
27
Hits:
1,024

Chance

Summary:

Gaeta muses, unhappily, over Gaius Baltar, after Adama liberates everyone from New Caprica...

Work Text:

Chance

The only reason he'd let Baltar go was to stop the Nuke that hadn't even gone off.

Gaeta wanted to die for being such an idiot, so many times! He really did! But not before he'd made people see the truth about himself- The follower who took it upon himself to betray love for love.

For Gaius, it had all been about living a dream; the dream of selfish Nirvana. Women: females, at any rate - Drugs, and racking up the frakkin'!

Gaeta knew himself for what he was; just an idiot, an idiot in love with a true ego-maniac; (or someone who wanted to believe the hype) A humiliating, horrific and truly pathetic so-called human being and man - Gaius Baltar.

God, he hated himself for it! Gaius had used him all along, and he had let it happen!

Even using his own position in Gaius office to be an informant, he knew he could never do enough to be forgiven: Never again would he be worthy of forgiveness. That chance had been lost to him.

The End..?