Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Character:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
297
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
6
Hits:
1,316

Oh How I Wanna Go Home

Summary:

Fandom: Stargate
Characters: Jack O'Neill and the team
Portrayed by Richard Dean anderson and the rest
Written for the "bed" Prompt on jackfic...and I swear if this one still comes out in the red zone I'm gonna flush the prompt
Summary: bedding down isn't always pleasant
Note: this is being written in the 10-15 minutes I have before my daughter comes pick me up to do marathon shopping. Hopefully its gonna make some sense

Work Text:

Oh, How I Wanna Go Home
by PEJA

The mission couldn't have gone worse if Jack had planned it. From the moment they stepped on the planet, things had swirled into a crazy kind of hell that would have been better suited for Bizzaro World.

With that thought, Jack couldn't resist the urge to cast an eye to the monsoon night drenching their heads in search of a blue and red suited, crystalline featured evil do-gooder resembling the cartoon superman.

But no, no cartoon characters in sight. That was a good thing. A sign of things looking up, right?

Stifling a jaw cracking yawn, Jack hurled a glare at the defunct gate and wondered again what the chances were that the damn thing would start cracking with white light static. He gave a sardonic chuckle. Pretty good, apparently. The darn thing was still smoking.

Not working, smoking. Not even the torrential rains had been able to put the fire out entirely.

Standing there and wondering what he should do next, he came to the reluctant decision that the rest of the team had come to hours ago...to get some rest and see what the morning brought.

But there in lie the problem. How much rest could anyone get when the rains hit in waves. Great icy drowning wave. Could life suck any more?

Another crack of ear-shattering thunder vibrated through the night sky as if to torment him and add to his misery.

Glaring at his sleeping, or attempting to sleep, comrades, Jack hunkered down in the craddle of a tree and pulled his survival blanket around his shivering form.

Somehow, he managed to drift off with visions of a nice soft feather bed dancing in his head.