Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
1,124
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
8
Hits:
1,001

Curiosity And Blair Sandburg

Summary:

Title: Curiosity And Blair Sandburg
Fandom: The Sentinel
Characters: Blair Sandburg, Jim Ellison, OCF
Prompt: 023. Curious
Word Count: 1023
Rating: FRT
Warnings/Spoilers: Sort of het, though no details (just dating), Blair owies
Summary: Blair's curiosity gets the better of him. Told from Jim's POV.
A/N: I don't own the characters, Pet Fly and Paramount do. Written for the 100moods community on LJ.

Work Text:

Title: Curiosity And Blair Sandburg
Fandom: The Sentinel
Characters: Blair Sandburg, Jim Ellison, OCF
Prompt: 023. Curious
Word Count: 1023
Rating: FRT
Warnings/Spoilers: Sort of het, though no details (just dating), Blair owies
Summary: Blair's curiosity gets the better of him. Told from Jim's POV.
A/N: I don't own the characters, Pet Fly and Paramount do. Written for the 100moods community on LJ.

 

Curiosity And Blair Sandburg
Debbie

 

Well, they say that curiosity killed the cat. If said cat was Blair Sandburg, I'd be planning a funeral right now. Luckily, Blair isn't a cat. Unluckily, he's still too curious for his own good. I'm going to have to handcuff him to his bed when I want to have a peaceful evening away from him, just so he doesn't get in trouble.

I guess I should start at the beginning. Well, it all began when I started seeing Rachel Cummings, the new file clerk in Homicide. For once, Sandburg and I weren't vying for the woman's affections. It was clear she liked me best. Plus the fact I got to her before Don Juan could.

Sandburg, being Sandburg, the person who needs to know the details of my every movement, naturally started asking questions. About Rachel, about our dates and even about the intimate details. I blew him off, telling him I deserve a private life, and some details that I don't need broadcast to the entire station and most of Rainier University.

See, I learned a long time ago that Sandburg couldn't keep a secret. Well, no, that's not exactly true. If it involves Sentinel senses, tests or anything else along those lines, there's no way to pry it out of the guy. But everything else is fair game. I've lost count over the years how many times I had to answer questions from my fellow detectives and even Simon, over my latest date, or, as is often the case, my latest breakup. I finally found out Blair, supposedly my best friend, has been broadcasting the blow-by-blow account of my love life as entertainment to the people I have to work with on a daily basis. I thought about turning the tables on Sandburg, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. I want to keep my friendship with Blair.

When I started going out with Rachel, Blair, as usual, started asking all the same questions as he did with previous dates of mine. This time, however, I didn't give up any details. Which I could see frustrated Blair to no end. I rather enjoyed the fact that I could go out on a date with Rachel and Blair didn't have any idea where we went or what we did.

At least it started that way. As I said earlier, he's still too curious for his own good. He wonders and wonders and finally he has to act on those thoughts in his mind. He started tailing me when I would leave to go on my date. I'd be able to elude him mainly because with my enhanced senses I knew he was following me. I would call Rachel and have her meet me in different places just to throw Blair off the trail. It worked like a charm for a while.

~*~*~*~*

But, my partner and friend is nothing if not smart. It amazes me at times the things he knows and the things he works out on his own. I had a date with Rachel for tonight at Ricardo's, an Italian restaurant down by the wharf. I told her to meet me at the restaurant, as I was sure Sandburg would follow me from the loft. Sure enough, he was on my tail ten minutes after I left. I easily eluded him and got to the restaurant in time for my 8:00 PM reservation with Rachel.

We enjoyed a wonderful meal, but the after dinner entertainment was a bummer. Two men came in, guns drawn, ready to rob the place. I didn't act the hero, as I wanted to in front of Rachel. I didn't want me, her or anyone else in the restaurant to die needlessly. I was able to get a good read on both of them and would be able to give a full report to the police when they arrived.

The robbers got away with an impressive nightly take, along with valuables and money from the diners. As soon as they left, I called the station, explaining what happened. We were at Ricardo's for the better part of two hours, giving statements to the police. The owners were grateful that no one was hurt and gave everyone a rain check for a free meal in the future. I knew exactly whom I was going to bring back to Ricardo's.

I planned on going with Rachel back to her place, since she invited me. Just when I got in my truck, my cell phone rang. I made the mistake of answering it.

A patrol unit responded to a traffic accident two blocks away. Blair was in one of the vehicles. The occupants of the other car were the two robbers from Ricardo's. I asked about Blair's condition. They told me they would have to extricate him from his car.

I explained it all to Rachel. She said she understood. I guess I will find out in a few days when I call her. I give her a quick kiss and rush off to the scene of the accident.

~*~*~*~*

It took almost three hours to get Blair out of the wreck that is his car. I wince at the pile of twisted metal, which once had been a functioning mode of transportation. Luckily, Blair remains unconscious throughout the whole ordeal. Although, I have to admit at checking on his vitals periodically over the hours.

The paramedics bring him out on a stretcher, strapped to a backboard. I see the cuts and blood on his face. I automatically make it to his side, gently touching him on the cheek, hoping it's not hurting him.

In that instant, I know why Blair is here. He finally found me and was trying to get something on Rachel and me. I watch as they put him in the ambulance. I give them an escort to the hospital, as I'm able to keep track of Blair's vitals.

It is something that was bound to happen. Blair's curious nature is more of a hindrance than an asset. Maybe I'll teach him that as he recovers and I handcuff him to his bed.