Actions

Work Header

The Legacy

Summary:

The Adventure crew pay a visit to Derek Raine.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Chapter 1: Page 1

Notes:

for my first fic i decide to do an Adventure Inc/Poltergeist: The Legacy crossover. this is just for those whom may never have seen The Legacy so that they can have some back ground info on the characters.
Disclamer: i don't own them
Note: this is my first time writting a fic. i've never shared my writing with any one before so i'm a little nervouse about this. i would really like all feedback that you have.
This chapter is short, the nest one i hope will be longer. i hope you enjoy my fic

 

DEREK RAYNE, PHD.

Birthdate: August 17, 1954
Height: almost 6' 2" tall.
Physical Features: hazel eyes; silvery brown, slightly wavy hair.

Mother: Barbara Rayne who lives in Holland
Father: Winston Rayne (deceased) was killed in Peru when Derek was 15
Sister: Ingrid. She's a few years older than Derek. She is a cloistered Nun (probably a Carmelite) in a California Nunnery and chose to use her "gifts" to help others through prayer rather than her younger brother's more direct approach with the Legacy.

Occupations:
Precept of San Francisco Legacy House for over 15 Years Chairman of the Luna Foundation Biological Anthropologist Specializing in Forensics Former University Professor (was Alex' mentor and teacher)

Psychic abilities:
Derek Rayne was born with psychic abilities (has ESP.) He can acquire information from an object, has the ability to See an event happening somewhere else through a vision or more frequently, has precognitive visions and dreams.

Derek Rayne has clairvoyance and clairaudience - acquisition of visual and auditory information about a place, event or object that does not depend on direct contact, although he does so with objects at times, like a "psychic detective" using "applied psi." He also has precognitive ESP, meaning he is able to See future events.

Resides at the castle on Angel Island which is also the SF Legacy House and apparently offices the Luna Foundation as well, sort of a philanthropic front that works well for all involved.

Drives '96 black Range Rover, license plate #35AC461

He's a lousy shot, makes up rules as he goes along, doesn't tell the Legacy every case he works on, and maintains tight emotional control.

 

Alexandra (Alex) Moreau

Age: Exact age uknown. Early thirties?
Family: Sister: Tanya and Grandmother: Rose

Occupations:
Luna Foundation/Legacy Researcher
Community Activist/Social Worker
Computer expert
Psychic
Alex was born with psychic abilities (has ESP.) She can acquire information from an object or from being near in close proximity to a space where something happened (like a "psychic detective" using "applied psi.")

Other:
She is of Creole descent.
Moved to San Francisco in 1992 from New Orleans, Louisiana.
Graduate of Loyola University
Speaks French
Uncle was hanged around turn of century.
Resides at the castle on Angel Island which is also the SF Legacy House and apparently offices the Luna Foundation as well, for a front.

 

Nick Boyle
Age: Exact age unknown...about 28
Family:
Father: Jonathan Boyle was member of Legacy and an alcoholic who beat Nick and his mother when drunk.

Occupations:
Ex-Navy SEAL: quit because his entire unit was killed when betrayed by their commander.
Pilot - plane and helicopter

Other:
Gun owner. Uses 9mm and a 45.
Rides motorcycle, Drives 1964 1/2 red Mustang convertible.
Good at trivia (baseball, history)
Enjoys drag racing the clock to clear his head.
Trunk of his car contains a phone, fax machine and a laptop computer.
Likes the Three Stooges (refers to them as the "three highest forms of matter in the universe")
"No respect for forces he is up against,"
Fears commitment because he fears he will destroy everything he touches, like his father.
Resides at the castle on Angel Island.
He is not a good liar.
Can eat anytime, even after seeing dead bodies.
Realizes the Legacy, especially his team, is definitely worth his very life.
Will not compromise his principles.
Impulsive but doesn't see himself as such.

 

Dr. Rachel Corrigan

Age: Exact age unknown - early 40s?
Husband: Patrick Corrigan (1958-1995) an architect, killed in a car accident in California in 1995 and is buried in Ireland
Children:
Son: Connor (1982-1995) killed in same accident with his father and is buried in Ireland.
Daughter: Katherine (Kat) who is eight years old and is gifted with ESP, much the same way Derek is.

Occupations:
Psychiatrist
Newest member of the SF Legacy House Other:

Other:
Plays piano.
Lives in her own home, not in the castle on Angel Island. Does overnight visits with Kat every once in awhile though.
Knows how to play Scottish bagpipes.
Is still very much in love with her dead husband but is trying to move along.
Even after all the supernatural/paranormal events that she has seen and been a part of, Rachel is still very skeptical or possibly in denial of believing in those kinds of things.

Chapter Text

The Legacy
by babyjoey

Judson stopped the Jeep and stared out the window at the house in front of them. It was a large stone house surrounded by beautiful gardens.

"That's not a house, it's a castle!" Mac said.

"So what does this Luna Foundation do exactly, that they can afford this, a private island and a castle?" Gabe said from the backseat of the Jeep.

"I don't know." Judson said getting out of the Jeep. "What do you say we go find out?"

"If it's this nice outside I can't wait to see the inside of this place." Mac said as she knocked on the massive wooden front door.

The door opened a few moments later, "Hello! How can I help you today?" said the man standing in the doorway.

"Yes, I'm Judson Cross and we're here to see Derek Rayne." Judson said.

"Judson Cross. Oh yes, we were expecting you last night. Come in, you can wait in there." the man said directing them to a room on his left. "And I will go tell Dr. Rayne that you've arrived." he added as he walked away.

"I was right this place is even more impressive inside." Mac said looking around the room the butler had showed them to. It was a large room with a large fireplace on one wall and a group of large windows on the wall across from the fireplace. There was a beautiful grand piano in front of another group of large windows. Mac went to the windows to see the view. Gabe wondered around the room examining everything. Judson took a seat in a chair and took in their surroundings.

"Judson Cross?" asked a voice from the door.

"That would be me." Judson said standing up from the chair. "This is Gabriel Patterson and Mackenzie Previn." Judson added pointing to the rest of his team.

"Hello. I'm Derek Rayne," said the middle-aged man that had spoken first as he walked to Judson to shake his hand. "And this is my associate Nick Boyle"

"Hi" the younger man said extending his hand to Judson. "We were expecting you last night."

"Our flight was delayed" Mac said.

"Yes, well you're here now and that's all that matters. I'll have Dubson show you to your rooms and let you get settled in. We'll talk business later when the rest of my team arrives." Derek said looking at Judson.

Judson nodded saying "Yeah that sounds go."

******

"Are you sure about this Derek?" Nick asked after Judson and his team had left.

"Yeah, I'm sure Nick," Derek replied.

"I just don't get it Derek. What makes you think that these guys will be able to find it, if we can't?" Nick said.

"It's what they do. They find things that others can't." Derek said to his young friend.

"But this...." Nick said.



end part 1
TBC