Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Character:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
645
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
10
Hits:
2,333

One Last Time

Summary:

Peter confronts Norman about his blow-up on Thanksgiving. But now that Norman knows the truth, what will he do?
- Slash, Drama, Angst, Movie-verse
- Norman Osborn/Peter Parker

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

- Warnings: None

- Disclaimer: I do not own these characters. They belong to some other people, probably Marvel and Stan Lee and some other guys. Not me. This story, however, is all mine. I make no money off of this and probably should be working on something where I might actually make some money...but here ya' go.

- Feedback: We all want to be told how great we are, but constructive criticism is welcome, too. TheArtofDodger@msn.com

- Author's Notes: Raven, for your wonderful story "Safe" and the fact that you promised a sequel, this is for you. Thanks to Andy, for popping up out of the wild blue yonder and helping me out. I have promised him next time there will be sex.

 

- One Last Time -

 

"You humiliated me."

He had heard that twice tonight.

Once from his son.

And now from his lover.

Norman could not meet Peter's eyes.

/How can I now? How can I ever again?/

"Say something!" Peter raged.

Norman flinched.

*Weakling*

"I'm sorry, Peter. I told you that I don't enjoy holiday gatherings."

Norman chanced a look at his lover. Peter's lips were drawn in a tight line. There was a wrinkle, between his eyebrows, right at the base of his nose. And Peter's eyes were lit with a fire that was so rare from his timid lover that Norman drew in his breath at the sight.

"Is that all you have to say for yourself?" Peter's voice was tight with barely restrained anger.

/I betrayed him./

*No, he betrayed you. He lied to you. He kept a secret from you.*

/No. He has a good reason. Peter wouldn't.../

*But he did.*

"No!" Norman cringed at the sound of his own voice.

Peter flinched and drew back from him.

"I'm sorry, Peter," Norman whispered. "I...I'm sorry."

"Norman." Peter never called him that, except in the throws of passion. Not like this.

Never like this.

The youth took a step closer to him. Norman felt his heart skip, as it always did when confronted with the reality that was Peter Parker.

So young, yet so wise. So open, yet so distant. So unsure, yet so trusting.

/Yes, trusting. He does trust me. So how can I.../

Peter placed his palm on Norman's cheek. Norman felt himself shiver at the touch.

Warmth, love, trust...all rolled up into one simple touch.

"Something is wrong with you. Something's been wrong with you quite a bit lately. Let me help you." Peter's voice caught in his throat and he dropped his hand to his side. "Why won't you let me help you?"

"Peter." Norman took his lover's face in his hands, forcing the youth to meet his eyes. "You do help me. You help me everyday. You help me every night. You don't even know."

"You hurt me tonight."

Norman felt tears coming to his eyes.

*Weakling*

/Shut up! I need this. Give me this one last time./

"I need you, Peter."

Then Peter fell against him, gripping his shirt. "I need you too. But, you have to promise...promise this won't happen again. Promise me."

Norman ran his fingers through Peter's silky hair, taking in the smell of Nautica and peppermint tea, a distinctly Peter smell.

"I promise. I promise."

Peter raised his head to Norman, a slight smile curving his lips. "I love you."

Norman bent to kiss him. Peter opened for him at once, and Norman felt all the tension run from his body as he lapped up the sweetness of youth, of innocence, of love.

*****

He watched the youth sleeping, wrapped in the blankets, his chest rising and falling with the even breathing of his slumber.

Norman pushed Peter's hair out of his eyes and bent to kiss his lover's forehead.

Tomorrow he would do what he must.

But tonight...tonight he had this.

One last time.

 

THE END

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author The Artful Dodger.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.