Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
520
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
15
Hits:
1,183

Completion

Summary:

Kon completes Tim.

Work Text:

Completion

Sometimes Tim thought that he'd given up some intrinsic part of himself when he'd chosen being Batman's Robin over what might possibly maybe have been the fledgling start of a real relationship with his father. Mostly, he thought that things would have turned out the same way; he just would have been even more disappointed with the lack of a proper parent-child relationship. But sometimes, when Cassie rolled her eyes at Kon for saying that he wanted to be Superman when he grew up - if he grew up - in response to her questions about the future... Well, Tim thought that maybe there was something missing inside him, when he didn't see why there was a problem with Kon wanting to be nothing other than a superhero. Truthfully, he knew that it was his own problem, of not wanting to be anything other than Robin, because nothing else about his life was real, that got to him. Sometimes he wished he had the ability to latch onto his civilian life with the same fierceness that he'd given over to Robin, so that, when the day came that he left Robin behind, he'd still have something about his life worth living for. It wasn't that Robin was the only worthwhile part of his life. It was just...the largest part, so far. And nearly everything worthwhile about his life stemmed from his being Robin: his brotherly relationship with Dick; his sisterly relationship with Cass; his romantic relationship with Steph, which, even though they'd broken, up, meant that they were still friends; he and Babs talking tech for hours in that way that only hardcore geeks could. He never would have met any of his other friends, either. He never would have become a member of Young Justice, and later the newest version of the Teen Titans. Never would have saved the world. Never would have skateboarded with Bart, sparred with Cassie, or caught Cissie's arrows in midair. He never would have trounced Slobo in Grand Theft Auto, exchanged security tips with Snapper Carr, or rescued the Supercycle, or stopped Secret from falling into darkness. Most of all, he never would have met Superboy if he hadn't been Robin. Never would have become friends with Kon-El. Never would have fallen in love with Kon, and surprisingly, had that love returned ten-fold. His life would have been empty, and near-meaningless. Never mind that he wouldn't have known just how empty it was; even before he'd first met Dick, he'd known something was missing in his life. Something that had been missing less and less since he started stalking Batman and Robin, and even less after he became Robin. Something that almost seemed to disappear once he'd met and started dating Kon. When Kon touched him or hugged him, kissed him...fucked him, even...the empty places inside him felt less and less empty, and what was missing just didn't seem to matter so much anymore. He had Kon to fill in the empty places...and complete his heart.