Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Categories:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
261
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
12
Hits:
1,044

Older not wiser

Summary:

Because Gibbs must have a sounding board.
One of a number of drabbles

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Disclaimer: The characters from the show aren't mine, they belong to others. No copyright infringement intended. Any characters you don't recognise are mine. Feedback would be nice, positive feedback would be nicer. Enjoy!

Category: NCIS angsty drabble
Rating: FRC or FRT for content
Characters: Gibbs/Ducky/Kate
Series: No
Spoilers: Assume all of Season One and you won't get any surprises but especially the season finale
Summary: Making do
Archive: Just tell me where it's going
Additional 'stuff': Because Gibbs must have a sounding board.

Title: Older not wiser

A DC restaurant, lunchtime

Gibbs bit into his sandwich, looked at Ducky and sighed. "It's just...it won't last."

Ducky put down his fork and took a sip of drink before responding. "You've managed to get three wives down the aisle Jethro."

"Yeah, but this is different."

"How?" Ducky asked, attention momentarily distracted by a mini-skirted top-heavy blonde.

"Because I'm old enough to be her father. And she's always...odd...around Dinozzo."

Ducky frowned, shaking his head. "They're like brother and sister. I take it you would like to have a more... intimate... relationship with the raven-haired Agent Todd?"

Gibbs blushed. "Ducky!"

"You're both caffeine addicts, workaholics, short-tempered. Need I go on?"

"Could I stop you if I wanted to?" Gibbs offered without anger.

Ducky sat back, wiping his mouth with a paper napkin. "Jethro...ask her."

Jethro sipped his own drink. "And if she says no?"

Ducky smiled. "She won't."

Jethro sighed. "How would you know?"

Ducky's face wore a self-satisfied expression. "Because I had this conversation with her yesterday."

End

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author fanficwriter101.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.