Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
890
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
14
Bookmarks:
3
Hits:
1,658

Off the chart

Summary:

Repeat after me: You do *not* skip breakfast!
See notes...

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Disclaimer: The characters from the show aren't mine, they belong to others. No copyright infringement intended. Any characters you don't recognise are mine. Feedback would be nice, positive feedback would be nicer. Enjoy!

Category: NCIS angsty-hurt/comfort/slash fic
Rating: FRT for some scenes
Characters: Gibbs/Dinozzo/Ducky
Series: Yes
Spoilers: None -- not canon
Summary: Repeat after me: You do *not* skip breakfast!
Archive: Just tell me where it's going
Additional stuff: Might not be medically accurate. Set in my Moving Day universe, so assume co-habitation

 

Title: Off the chart

6.45 am..

Gibbs grabbed for a slice of toast only to be distracted by the phone. He huffed as he listened, ended the call and yelled up the stairs: "Tony! We got a case. Get down here!"

While he waited, Gibbs called Kate, smiling inwardly at her sleepy responses, then Ducky, chatting for a short time, checking on Gerald, discussing Ducky's new assistant before Tony slunk down the staircase, yawning widely.

"Gibbs, the guy's dead, right? Can't it wait until..." He saw Gibbs face and huffed crossly. "We'll grab some breakfast at Kate's. She always has tons of stuff."

7.25 pm...

Kate was waiting outside her apartment and climbed in the back of the van, snarling at Tony's teasing look from the front seat.

 

11.15 am...

"Uh...Kate...find if there's a wife...or...uh.." Gibbs looked around the room, screwing his eyes up several times until the room stopped spinning.

Tony stared at Gibbs, concerned at the older man's uncharacteristic hesitation.

"...or...uh...a girl...friend..."Gibbs swallowed hard, shaking his head, hand reaching for the desk edge and missing by a mile.

Tony was already almost beside Gibbs as his legs gave way and he dropped against the younger man.

"Dammit Gibbs." Tony muttered. Pulling the semi-conscious Gibbs onto the chair, he snapped: "Kate! Hold him! McGee! Get Ducky! NOW!"

Shocked, Kate's hands shook as she supported Gibbs limp frame.

McGee dialed the basement office and spoke briefly with Ducky. He called across: "He's on his way."

Tony rifled Gibb's desk drawer, pulling out a transparent plastic tube. He tore at the end and held it to Gibbs' lips. "Easy...I got it...that's it."

The glucose paste slid between Gibbs lips and he swallowed slowly, grimacing at the taste. "Tony...wha..."

Tony sighed crossly. "We didn't have any breakfast did we?"

Ducky arrived then and Tony stood back, face pale, eyes fixed on Gibbs.

"Skipped breakfast?" Ducky asked rhetorically. "Do I have to call you every morning to remind you?" He smiled, shaking his head as he watched the color return to Gibbs' cheeks at the same time as his eyes began to focus.

"Tony...?" Gibbs whispered.

"Right here *boss*." Tony said firmly. Gibbs wasn't yet himself and Tony didn't want him to give the entire room cause for gossip.

Flinching as Ducky pricked his finger, Gibbs looked across at Kate. "Are you still here Agent Todd?!"

Rolling her eyes, Kate snagged her jacket. "Welcome back Gibbs." As she left the room, the profiler in Kate remembered something. Smiling to herself, she whispered: "*We* didn't have breakfast? That's one way to save on rent."

************************
10.45 pm...

In a turnaround from their usual relative positions, Gibbs lay on the couch, head on Tony's lap. Tony's fingers carded the grey hair gently. "You've got a thing."

Gibbs moved his hand to where Tony's fingers rested. "Uh...baseball bat."

"Sports injury?" Tony asked.

"Third wife injury." Gibbs said grimly, remembering. His body shook as Tony chuckled.

"Did you forget to eat?"

"No." Gibbs said, his tone suggesting the subject was closed.

Tony took the hint but he was still angry even after twelve hours. "Do that to me again and I'll hit you with a baseball bat."

Gibbs reached up, stroking Tony's cheek gently. "I'm sorry I scared you."

"You gotta eat. I don't wanna lose you. Not like that."

"You have a way you *want* to lose me?" Gibbs frowned, not sure he liked the turn the conversation was taking.

"Old age." Tony said after what Gibbs thought was *way* too long a pause.

"You're back on the age thing?! Tony..." Gibbs huffed. "I'm fifty-three. Happy now?"

Tony stared, wide-eyed. "You're...wow!"

Gibbs scowled and tried to get up but Tony's arm blocked him. "What?"

"Slowly Gibbs. At your age, sudden movement could cause permanent damage. You could pop a hip or...OWWW!!"

Gibbs' hand snapped across the back of Tony's head. "At *your* age, comments like that could cause permanent brain damage!"

Tony smiled, reaching his arms around his lover. "You know, there is an advantage to you being...that age."

"Which is?"

"Three more years, you can retire, I can have your job and you can stay home and take care of the cat."

"We're not getting a cat Tony." Gibbs snarled.

"I saved your life today. You can buy me a cat."

Gibbs closed his eyes for a long moment. "I *can* buy you a sports car. I'm not going to."

Tony stuck out his lower lip and looked down at Gibbs with his best 'kicked puppy' look. "You're not going to?"

Gibbs' eyes narrowed. "You're getting a cat Tony. Don't push it."

Tony's face lit up into a smile. "Yay! And if you wanted to do the sports car thing..."


End

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author fanficwriter101.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.