Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
2,536
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
12
Bookmarks:
3
Hits:
1,773

Hear the Wolf Howl

Summary:

Sentinel and guide meet. Yes, yet another version.

Work Text:

Disclaimer: still not mine
Notes: Originally written for Jim and Blair do Timewarp zine by Blackfly Presses.

***

"You're going to lose your hard-earned pay and get some nasty disease, you know," Captain James Ellison commented to his comrades as they stood in the large courtyard before the large military station. His grin took away most of the barb.

"So we'll go to the doc. It will be worth a few coins," Rafe countered. The young officer was looking good in his dark green uniform. Brown was grinning at the recurring discussion. It was a well-known fact that Captain Ellison lived like a zen monk; ascetic did not come anywhere near describing him. Luckily though he did not expect his men to adopt his own views or life style.

Jim shook his head in fond confusion. Who was he to preach to the corrupted? Besides, they had just had a major battle with the brigands; they deserved some down time.

He watched as the two walked to their hover car. It was not that far to the nearby spaceport, and the town of Cascade beside it. They had been stationed on the base for almost two years and knew the neighbourhood well. There was no need to worry, but still he did, as usual. His father and brother had died when he was fifteen and he never knew his mother, so his comrades really were all the family he had..

He turned his gaze to the gnarly trees looming silently by the dry river. It was only a few weeks until the winter monsoon season, and the plants were dormant, waiting for the rains. Most of the animals stayed in their burrows and lairs during the day and only came out at night. Jim knew how they felt. Sometimes he had the odd thought that he was waiting for his own winter rain. Jim shook his head to dispel the morose thoughts.

He turned to enter the base by the large double doors and went to his rooms. He flicked on the lights and dispassionately observed his living space. There was a nondescript bed, a few shelves and a chest in the sleeping alcove, plus a desk and a com terminal in the main room. There was nothing to indicate who lived here, nothing personal at all. He flicked off the light and turned away. It was about time he had a proper day off.

***

Jim parked his own hovercar on a street near the main market and got out. He felt somewhat silly coming to Cascade. After all, alcohol gave him a headache, and he rarely indulged in relationships of any length. The smell of most people turned him off, which was one of the main reasons his few longer relationships had been disasters. The other reason was the fact that more often than not his lovers turned out to be of dubious moral values, to put it mildly. His affair with the inter-galactic thief was legendary by now.

Jim sighed. The medical officers had diagnosed him with sentinelism during basic training and recommended that he find a long-term companion. Apparently it would give his senses the stability they needed to function properly. Too bad it was easier said than done. He had pretty much resigned himself to using damper drugs, more or less permanently.

***

Jim wandered through the more respectable neighbourhoods. The warmth of evening sun was calming on his eyes and the enticing smells tickled his nose. The port town was relatively busy so it had quite a few good restaurants and specialty stores. He saw a note on a bookstore window advertising a reading of a new novel by Cara Beav. On a whim, he stepped into the cool store.

The reader, a young actress with a soft but strong voice, was actually pretty good. Like storytellers of old, she weaved a web of intrigue and drama with her voice.

Jim could see a few other uniforms in the crowd. He checked the unit patch on the young man wearing a dark blue uniform standing just a few feet away, leaning on a book shelf. He was a Timber Wolf. Jim did not think he looked like he could be a part of the notorious special forces, but you never knew. Suddenly, the young soldier in question turned his head as if he had sensed Jim watching him.

Blue and blue met, recognition sparked. Two men gasped softly in wonder.

Jim shook his head and turned to leave. This was foolish; this was not how it happened in real life. Not to him.

He stepped out into the busy street and took a deep breath. What was going on? He refused to accept the obvious answer. Hope only meant disappointment later on.

"Hi, you all right?" a soft voice asked him.

He turned and met those same warm blue eyes again.

"Uh, sure." Real articulate answer there, Ellison.

"You look kind of pale. How about I buy you a drink?" the young man offered with a kind smile. There was curiosity and concern in his stance, but not deceit. You've been wrong before, Jim reminded himself.

"I don't drink," the sentinel answered automatically.

Jim liked his smile. "Then I'll buy you a cha."

***

Jim had to admit he felt better after a drink and some local nut cookies. It had been some time since lunch. The young man, Blair Sandburg, was sipping his third cha. He drank that stuff like some soldiers drank beer.

"So you're actually stationed here? Not just on shore leave?" Sandburg asked. They were sitting in a back booth at a cha shop near the bookstore. The haphazard breeze from the large open windows played the colourful wind chimes located here and there in the shop.

"Yep, what about you?" Jim asked, knowing that most info on Timber Wolves was classified, need-to-know only. Still, what you did not say could sometimes reveal more than what you did say.

"Actually, I decided to take my shore leave here so I could become acquainted with the place," he said. His hand moved to caress Jim's on the wooden table. "I'll be stationed here."

"The brigand activity in the sector," Jim guessed. The base commander had put in a request for additional forces before their latest mission. They needed more men to patrol the sector and fight the brigands. They were stretched too thin to do a proper job of it. Chances slipped through their fingers simply because of a lack of time and men.

Blair nodded. He did not remove his hand.

Jim looked at their hands. There was attraction at work here, plenty of it. He had been hard ever since he had laid eyes on the young Timber Wolf. If Blair would be stationed here, this would not have to be short-term. Although considering their line of work, this (whatever it was) could be very short-term indeed. Then again, there was also the connection he could feel. Could this evolve into something more?

Jim raised his head to look at Blair. The blue eyes were warm and inviting. Why not take a chance? One more time?

***

Blair tasted as good as he had known he would. "I could get addicted to your kisses," Blair whispered.

"Good." Jim liked the thought.

Uniforms were thrown or dropped on the hotel room floor. Dark green and dark blue patches of cloth covered the small carpet. The rock floor felt cool to the bare feet.

Jim fell on the bed that took up most of the space in the room. Blair followed and lay down to cover him, never ceasing in his kisses. Neither dared close their eyes.

"Do you have any lube?" Jim asked softly.

"Sure." Blair moved on to kiss and nibble on his neck.

"How about, yes, feels goood, condoms?" Jim breathed out.

"Don't worry, I'm prepared," Blair smiled. Then he attacked Jim's nipples, and Jim chucked rational thought out the airlock.

***

Blair nibbled and licked his way down. He felt as if he wanted to devour Jim, inhale him and make them one being. He wanted them to be connected forever. He shook his head and calmed himself in a few breaths. He wanted this to be perfect, preferably mind-blowing, and he wanted this to last.

He moved lower and caressed the muscular thighs. He avoided the hard cock, wanting them to come at the same time.

"Ready?" Blair asked as he moved to take the small packet of lube and a condom from his jacket pocket. The jacket had ended up half on the bed and half on the clothes strewn floor.

"Been ready for ages," Jim growled.

Blair chuckled. "Whatever you say, kitty."

Jim looked at him suspiciously. Blair put some lube on his fingers, and moved to put two fingers inside Jim.

***

Jim gasped, and spread his legs wider. It hurt a bit, but in a good way, a very good way.

Blair took his fingers out and lubed his cock. He put a pillow under Jim's hips and moved into position.

"Ready?" he asked in a whisper.

Jim nodded.

****

Blair entered Jim, and it felt incredible. It was as if they had been made for each other, custom-designed to fit together. The young Wolf had never fucked anyone with greater abandon, and his partner merely locked his legs behind Blair's back, urging him on.

They were truly connected now, together. Blair never wanted to feel alone again. He bent down to kiss his other half. As they kissed, his angle shifted, and Jim arched off the bed, coming. His orgasm triggered Blair's.

***

Jim petted Blair's back. His brain was doing its best to solidify after the orgasm of his lifetime. He groaned as Blair's cock slipped out of him.

Blair rose to look at him. "I never thought I could feel connected to anyone after my mother died."

"What do you mean?" Jim asked. He was feeling mellow and... happy. It was an amazing feeling.

"She was the one constant in my life. We were always wandering, moving from one port to another. She was always looking for something more, something new, but then she died. And I was alone," Blair added.

Jim caressed his back. He doubted Blair had ever allowed himself to be as open with anyone else.

"There's something you should know," Jim started. He had never told any of his lovers about his senses. Things had never gotten anywhere near as far as they had with Blair. He had also never truly trusted anyone as much as he did this young man. "I've been diagnosed with sentinelism."

Blair started, and thought for a moment. He nodded. "I don't mind. I was planning a very long-term relationship anyway. And I'm pretty sure acute senses are going to be an advantage on any missions we'll have together."

Jim sighed in relief. Looked like they were on the same frequency. It was about time! "So, when will your service here start?" he asked as he stretched his back.

Blair shrugged. "In a few weeks. I still have a few days left of my shore leave," he leered. Jim could feel Blair's cock hardening again. Amazingly enough, his own was getting interested too.

"I have to be back on base in two days," Jim pointed out.

"Plenty of time."

***

Jim walked along the corridors of the Cascade military base. It was a few days since he had come back from his leave. There had been some curious questions as to what he had been doing and with whom, but those had ceased pretty soon. The 'mind your own business' comments and growls had worked like a charm.

Jim smiled softly to himself as he thought of the daily message from Blair that should be waiting for him at his com terminal.

"Ellison!" A familiar bellow interrupted his musings and he turned. "Morning, Captain," Commander Simon Banks greeted him.

"Morning, sir," Jim replied with a salute.

"We'll be getting reinforcements in a couple of weeks, but they will be operating as a separate unit under my command," Banks told him.

"Very good, sir. May I ask when exactly they'll be arriving?"

"On 17 Septiembro. The ship should get here in the morning. Any new operations will be postponed until heir arrival, which will hopefully happen before the winter rains start. I'll be making an official announcement this afternoon," Banks added.

"Yes, sir. I'll inform the men." Jim was quite proud of himself. He had not smiled, hugged Banks or shouted with joy. He had merely saluted and turned around.

***

During the next two weeks, Jim went through the motions with professional detachment. Luckily the brigands and other malcontents were quiet for the duration of the wait. It was as if everyone was waiting for the rains to start. Finally, the long-awaited day arrived and, wonder of wonders, the transport ship was only a couple of hours late.

Jim watched as the large troop ship landed, and the Timber Wolves exited. Blair looked good in his perfectly pressed uniform. Jim almost smiled seeing the stripes of a captain on Blair's uniform jacket. They had never gotten around to comparing ranks, too many other things on their minds.

Following the due protocol, Commander Banks welcomed the reinforcements and introduced his officers, as did Colonel Stoddard. After the formal introductions and welcomes were over, the new troops were shown to their barracks on the base. The quartermaster had warned that they would have no more room for any additional men, unless they camped out.

Then it was time for the new men and women to get acquainted with their new posting.

***

"So, want to show me your rooms?" Blair whispered as he walked past Jim in the crowded corridor. The wet season had arrived and the first drops of rain were falling outside, so everyone was staying indoors. The first wave of precipitation was always gentle, but not the second one. The midwinter storms would be the worst, as well as the most magnificent and awe-inspiring. Jim loved the symphony of sounds and smells during the winter. This year he would have someone to share it with.

Jim fell in step beside Blair. "It's just on the other end of the hallway," he said quietly as they dodged green and blue uniforms.

"Convenient." Jim's ears coloured pink at the comment.

As soon as the door closed behind them with a whoosh, Blair grabbed Jim and kissed him hungrily.

***

Blair felt content holding Jim in his arms. "The others are sure to have noticed," he said.

"So?" Jim asked. He was lying half on top of Blair, feeling deliciously sore and tired. He had stopped taking the dampers a few days before, and they had chucked condoms, so he had been able to really sense Blair. Also, his head felt clearer than it had in ages. He stretched and settled better on his companion.

"Good point," Blair admitted and snuggled deeper into the bed. They had nowhere to be until the next morning.

The two fell asleep on Jim's bed. They were together now, and would stay so for the rest of their lives. They were true soulmates.

***

The End