Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
569
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
2
Kudos:
9
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
1,591

Leaving

Summary:

Fandom: CSI:NY
Disclaimer: They weren’t mine this year, they won’t be mine next year. Just borrowing for a bit.
Trio: Mac/Danny/Don
25 Fluffy Fics: Prompt 22: Parting
Rating: FRT
Summary: Danny leaves
Author’s Notes: The usual to the usual. *hugs*
Submitted through the CSI_New_York_Slash mailing list.

Work Text:

Leaving
by Ginny

"I can't believe you're leaving," Mac said as he watched Danny pack his bags.

"We don't want you to go," Don added, pleading.

"I don't have any choice," Danny said as he tossed another pair of pants into his suitcase.

"Says who?"

Danny sighed, but couldn't quite stop the amused smile. "You did Mac. When you signed me up for this conference in the first place."

"What were you thinking?" Don demanded of Mac.

"It seemed like a good idea at the time?"

"Change your mind. Tell him he can't go because it's too busy. You need him here."

"Hey!" Danny protested when Mac appeared to actually be thinking about it. "I'm going to miss you too, but it's only for a week."

"But our anniversary is on Saturday and you're not coming home until Sunday," Don reminded him, pouting.

"I'm sorry. We'll celebrate on Sunday and I'll make it up to you, okay?"

Don sighed dramatically, "I guess so."

"You're such a giver, Don," Danny teased and held up two ties. "Which one?"

"The one of the left," Don answered.

"Thanks." Danny smirked and tossed the other tie into the suitcase.

"Jerk," Don muttered and stuck his tongue out at his lover.

Danny laughed and Mac rolled his eyes. "There. Finished," Danny announced as he closed his suitcase. He turned around to face his lovers and was surprised to see them both looking miserable. "Guys," he laughed. "I'm only going to be gone for a week. Really it's not even that, only six and a half days."

"But that's six and a half days where we won't see you."

"I'll call," he promised. "I don't understand why you're so upset about this."

"It's the longest we've been apart since Don came home after the explosion," Mac answered after a few moments of silence.

"Oh," Danny said, realizing that they were right. He crossed the few feet separating them and pulled them both toward him in a tight hug. "I'm going to miss you too."

Mac pulled away first, kissing the side of Danny's mouth before stepping back.

"Be careful," Don ordered, holding him tighter.

"I will. I'll even bring you back fudge," Danny promised.

"Fudge? What are we waiting for, let's get you to the airport."

Danny laughed and bent down to get his suitcase. Some things never changed.

~*~*~

"We could go in with you," Don offered when Mac pulled to a stop in front of the terminal at JFK.

"Thanks, but I think I can manage to check in and get through security by myself," Danny said dryly as he reached for his bag.

"Be careful," Mac said. He turned and gave Danny a soft smile, betraying all of his feelings. "Call us when you get in."

"I will," Danny promised again.

"Don't forget my fudge," Don reminded him.

Danny laughed. Some things would never change. As he stepped out of the car, Don reached back and squeezed his hand. "I'll see you in a week," Danny promised quietly. A week was nothing. It would fly by.

With one last small wave, he disappeared into the airport.

He would see them soon. But he'd still miss them.

End.