Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Completed:
2007-02-03
Words:
18,480
Chapters:
10/10
Comments:
1
Kudos:
25
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
5,706

Daddy Material

Summary:

Fandom: Night Court. I kid you not.

Pairing: Implied only

Status: In progress

Archive: Yes

Disclaimer: I do not own and did not create the recognizable media characters. I do not make, do not seek, and will not accept any profit from this work of fiction. This is not meant in any way to reflect upon the real lives of the actors/actresses who portrayed the characters.

Notes: This will work best for you if you've actually seen Night Court and can imagine the way the characters speak, their timing, body language, etc. Trust me--if you get a chance to see that show, take it. I'm doing my best on canon, but it's been a looong time since I saw it. F'rinstance, if I get the sex of Christine's baby wrong, someone tell me and I'll go back and correct it. I'm actually going to be trying to follow canon in this one, since all the characters I like were working on the show at the same time. Plus I just found out that in the final episode, Bull is 'abducted' (goes willingly) by aliens. PERFECT!

Rating: Mature teens. Sorry folks, no smut this time. There's just something too childlike about Bull.

Submitted through the Makebelieve_YG mailing list.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Chapter 1: Page 1

Chapter Text

Daddy Material
by Scribe

Judge Harry Stone whistled softly as he studied his reflection in the men's room mirror. He opened another button on his robe, spreading the front open another inch so that his shirt collar would be more visible. Then he adjusted the bright red carnation that was tucked in his button hole. He heard the door open, and a navy serge wall, decorated with brass buttons, appeared behind him. He didn't bother to look up. "Hey, Bull."

"Evening, Judge Stone." Bull Shannon stepped up to the sink on Harry's other side, pulled an electric razor out of his pocket (Bull was probably the only person in the courthouse who wore clothes with pockets big enough to do that, and plugged it into the outlet.

"Forgot to shave?"

"Didn't have time. I overslept."

"That's not like you."

"I haven't been myself lately." Keeping his voice casual, Harry turned slightly toward Bull. "What do you think--should I stick with red, or is that too festive?"

Bull glanced down at the boutineer. "I think that red and black is a suitably judicious color scheme. It looks nice."

"Yeah, but I'm not getting full value out of it. These commercially grown flowers are grown for looks and endurance. They just want them to stay in full bloom for the longest time possible. It's kind of like with apples. They're bred to withstand shipping, and the flavor has just gone right out of them." Bull was nodding. "Well, I think that these flowers have just about lost their scent." He put a thumb behind the flower, lifting it slightly. "Give it a sniff and tell me what you think."

Bull bent down obligingly. A stream of water squirted from the flower and splashed him right between the eyes. As Bull stood back up, Harry spread his hands in a 'gotcha' gesture. "Very amusing, sir," said Bull flatly.

"Nice, huh? It's silk."

"Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't water stain silk?"

Harry blinked, and looked at the flower. "Well, damn. No wonder I got it so cheap." He plucked the flower from his lapel and tossed it toward the trash. He missed, and bent down to retrieve it. While he was near the floor he noticed something, and he had a puzzled look on his face when he stood up. "Bull? Why are you wearing bedroom slippers?"

"My feet have been swollen lately."

"I can't believe it's me saying this, but are you sure that slippers are appropriate courtroom attire."

"I'm wearing the plain leather one, not the gold ones with the curly toes."

"And you have no idea how much I appreciate that. But I think that our insurance wants you to wear regular shoes. I mean, who can tell when one of the plaintiffs might decide to dance a tarentella on your tootsies?"

"They'd get the surprise of their life, sir." He tapped his foot against the wall. *clunkclunk* "Steel toed."

"Uhhhh-huh. Okay." He checked his watch. "Say, it's almost time. Are you sure you need to shave."

"Yes sir." He ran a hand over his pate. "I'm getting stubbly. It'll only take a minute."

"Right. See you in court." He left.

Bull clicked on the shaver and ran it quickly and efficiently over his bald head. Then he put it away and pulled out a tube of moisturizer from his other pocket and massaged a dab into his scalp. Finally he ran his hand slowly over his head and smirked at himself in the mirror. "Baby's butt-ville." He put away the tube and started for the door, but paused.

He quickly unbuttoned his uniform jacket and peered down at his stomach. He pressed a palm to his flat belly, then squinted up at the ceiling in concentration. After a moment he sighed. Rebuttoning he muttered, "On the plus side I'll probably just look like I'm getting a beer belly till I hit my second trimester."

He buttoned up his jacket and went out to the courtroom.

 

end part 1