Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
759
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
7
Hits:
1,273

Company Christmas Card

Summary:

Fandom: AtS
Genre: Gen
Ratings/Warnings: G, Christmas silliness
Characters: ensemble
Summary: it’s Christmas time at Wolfram & Hart.

Work Text:

Company Christmas Card
by Lilithangel

 

"The what?"

"The company Christmas card," Lorne repeated, "I think this year we should really try for something festive and more in keeping with the new regime."

"Fluffy bunnies and Christmas elves," Spike quipped from his usual seat in Angel's office.

"I actually thought the senior staff should pose for it. It will be going to all our clients and will give them a chance to put faces to names. Harmony has organised a photographer for this afternoon," Lorne said.

"That's not a lot of notice," Gunn grumbled.

"I wasn't giving any of you a chance to have other appointments," Lorne said.

Spike snorted, "have fun then."

"Oh but you're going to be in it too Spike," Lorne said, "The demon community knows you are of Angel's line and it would be an insult if you weren't in the photo."

"You are joking?" Spike said.

"I think it is a great idea," Angel said with a smirk, "you can be one of the Christmas elves."

"We should do a nativity scene cause then Angel could be the ass he really is," Spike said with a glare at Angel.

"The costumes are already sorted out," Lorne replied.

"Costumes?" Fred squeaked.

"Don't worry, they are very tasteful kitten." Lorne assured them in his green and gold ensemble.

"No, no and no," Spike voice could be heard from the other end of the corridor.

"Come on Blondie bear," Harmony was coaxing.

"Get that monstrosity away from me." Spike burst into Angel's office and stopped short shocked by the transformation. Angel's wall of weapons had vanished behind a big open fireplace with wooden mantle adorned with holly and mistletoe.

"Come on Spike," Harmony followed him in, "it's cashmere."

"I wouldn't care if it was possum I am not wearing a sweater," Spike replied glaring at the red and green holly motif.

"If I have to, you have to," Wesley interrupted walking in behind them wearing a sweater with matching Christmas scene.

"Nobody laugh." Fred peeped in around the door before sidling in revealing the skimpy Mrs Claus costume she was wearing.

"Hey hot stuff," Spike leered, "can I sit in your lap?"

"You look stunning Fred," Wesley added admiringly.

"Put on the sweater Spike," Angel ordered as he entered with Gunn and Lorne.

Spike took one look at Angel burst out laughing.

"Shut up and let's get on with it," Angel said through gritted teeth. He was wearing a tweed jacket with leather patches over a sweater that had a knitted Christmas tree on the front, "put on the sweater Spike."

Spike sighed, shrugged off his jacket and pulled on the sweater fixing his hair automatically.

"This is just so white man," Gunn grumbled tugging on his own sweater.

Lorne was wearing a very Las Vegas Santa suit with a glittery hat perched jauntily on his head.

"Angelcakes I want you in the chair," Lorne pointed to the large wingback chair beside the fireplace, "Spike you perch your cute tush on the right arm, Freddikins you take the left. Wes and Gunn you stand on either side behind them and I'll stand in between you, and everything will look perfect."

Harmony brought the photographer in and squealed with delight at the set up. "You all look adorable," she said, "just like a real family."

At her words everyone stopped worrying about what they looked like.

"We are a real family," Angel answered, "all of us," he glanced at Spike.

Spike looked at Angel in surprise and smiled.

There was a flash of light and the photographer said, "Perfect. I'll just take a few more to be certain but I think that one was a winner."

 

Two days later when the photo cards were delivered Harmony took the address list from Lorne and then on a whim added a few from Angel's.

To Buffy, Dawn, Giles, Willow and Xander,

Happy Holidays from Team Angel.

END