Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
476
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
10
Hits:
967

The Perfect/Imperfect Christmas Tree-

Summary:

Blair walks out when Jim takes over the task of decorating the Christmas tree.

Work Text:

Title: The Perfect/Imperfect Christmas Tree
Author: Debbie
Email: debbie020556@yahoo.com
Website:
Permission to archive: Already uploaded
Fandom: The Sentinel
Genre: General
Pairing/Characters: Jim Ellison, Blair Sandburg
Rating: FRT
Summary: Blair walks out when Jim takes over the task of decorating the Christmas tree.
Warnings: PWP
Notes: Written in response to Peja's request for fics. Prompt: Christmas Tree, Words: 374
Acknowledgments: Posted to BlairOooowies_GenFic, FanFicAddicts, GeneralFanFic, HurtComfortFic, and PWP_Fanfic lists. Feedback welcome. Happy holidays to everyone!

~~~~~~~~~~

The Perfect/Imperfect Christmas Tree
Debbie

Blair walked out after Jim removed the tinsel Blair put on. That was after Jim rearranged the lights and the ornaments. And after Jim had taken over the task of finding the perfect Christmas tree.

Jim rearranged the tinsel, leaving off most of what Blair had originally put on the tree. When it was done to Jim's sentinel perfection, he turned to show Blair the finished tree. That's when he realized Blair was no longer there. Jim went to grab the phone, calling Blair on his cell phone. Jim heard the phone ringing from Blair's room, where Blair had left it.

"Damn, Chief! I was just trying to help."

But Jim realized he might have crossed the line in taking total control over something they planned on doing together. Jim knew he had to apologize. He left the loft in search of his partner. Blair hadn't gone far - just to the park down the street. Jim found Blair sitting on one of the swings - staring off into space. Jim sat down on the swing beside Blair.

"I'm sorry, Chief. I'll let you redo the tree the way you want. I promise... no more interference."

Blair laughed. "I don't think that's possible. I should have realized you needed to do it, to have it just so. I just didn't expect you to change everything I did. It shouldn't bother me that much... I mean Christmas has never meant that much to me. I just thought for our first Christmas together that we'd decorate together."

Jim heard the hurt in Blair's voice and he realized he messed up big time.

"You can decorate the rest of the loft with no input from me. I promise I won't change a thing."

Blair looked over at Jim, not exactly trusting what Jim said. Jim only nodded, hoping Blair believed him.

"Why don't we go home, Chief?"

"Okay, Jim. I shouldn't have run out like some little kid. I should have stood up to you. But I do understand why you did it. Next year, we do it together."

They walked side-by-side back to the loft. When they walked in, Blair stared at the tree. He had to admit it looked perfect, but he wouldn't tell Jim that.