Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Completed:
2006-12-11
Words:
8,101
Chapters:
4/4
Kudos:
20
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
2,571

The Days of Our Lives

Summary:

Fandom: Starsky & Hutch
Pairing: None (yet)
Rating: PG
Category: Drama
Status: Completed July 16, 2002
Archive: Yes to WWOMB/Peja. All others please ask
Feedback: Yes, please. All constructive criticism will be graciously accepted
Series/Sequel: Yes, of course
Disclaimers: I don't know who owns them. I know it's not me.
Authors Notes: If you're at all familiar with my stories, then you know that my bunnies are usually serial bunnies. So this is the beginning of an ambitious project that, if it goes as planned, will span about thirty years in the lives of Starsky and Hutch and `their' daughter.
I haven't actually seen the show in a very long time, so I don't remember many details, just general impressions of the main characters that have been reinforced (or corrupted if you prefer) by good fanfic writers, especial Debs and TJ, and Creed Cascade. So don't expect this to be anywhere near canon. I do know that in canon, Hutch was divorced and his ex-wife was killed in his apartment (I think) and they had no children. But I've gone in a different direction here, mainly because I wanted to see the guys as parents. So Hutch is divorced, Vanessa is not dead, and they have a little girl.
Oh and since I don't really remember the episode with Vanessa, my attitude towards her comes from a story by Creed Cascade and TJ called "Stealing Home" which can be found at the Open Air Insane Asylum archive
Summary: Starsky, Vanessa, catfight. (Meow, Hiss)
Warnings: None
Submitted through the Makebelieve_Squidge mailing list.

Chapter 1: complete

Chapter Text

The Days of Our Lives
by Tayla

"Uncle Dave!"

Starsky turned as the blonde haired bundle of energy that was his partner's five-year-old daughter came running towards him. Luckily he had a bit of warning and was able to set the pizza down on the hood of the Torino before she launched herself at him.

"Starsky, what are you doing here?" he heard a nasty voice behind him.

He turned to face his partner's ex-wife as she strode up to him.

"What so you mean 'what am I doing here'? I was invited."

"Yeah Mom. Uncle Dave always comes over on Friday nights and brings a pizza." Evie chimed in from her position in his arms.

"Get down from there and act like a young lady." She reached for her daughter and pulled her out of his arms and set her on her feet. "That man is not your Uncle. Why didn't you tell me that Starsky was spending the weekends with you and your dad?"

"It's not the whole weekend. Just Friday for dinner and sometimes Sunday brunch." Evie answered her mother.

"What difference does it make to you, Vanessa? I'm Hutch's partner. If he wants to have me over to visit, that's his business."

She turned to the detective. "If you're spending time with my daughter, it's my business." Vanessa replied.

"Evie, why don't you take the pizza and go inside. I'll be right in." He handed the little girl the box.

"Okay Unc?um, Starsky. See you Sunday, Mom."

They both watched as Evie went up the stairs and into the apartment building.

"All right Vanessa, what bug flew up your ass? If you're looking for a fight, trust me, you'll find that fighting with me won't be nearly as entertaining for you as fighting with Hutch." Starsky glared at the woman that had made his partners life so difficult.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"We both know that Hutch won't fight dirty. He feels some sort of responsibility toward you because you're the mother of his child. I don't have such constraints."

"Are you threatening me?" she asked incredulously.

"I'm just saying that you might not want to start anything with me."

"I'm not trying to start anything." She insisted.

"You just implied that my spending time with Evie would be a bad thing."

"Well maybe I think you're a bad influence."

"Oh you don't really mean that, do you? After all, I'm a decorated officer. I've got lots of friends and lots of contacts. I'm sure you don't want me checking into all the people that you spend time with."

Vanessa narrowed her eyes and glared at Starsky.

He continued. "Now, I think Evie is a terrific kid. And she really loves her Dad a lot, and likes to spend all the time she can with him. It would be a shame if anything were to happen to mess that up, wouldn't it?"

Vanessa didn't answer. She just turned and stalked back to her car. Hutch chose that moment to finally come out of the apartment and see what was keeping his partner. He nearly ran into his ex-wife as she opened her car door.

"Vanessa. How have you been?" He asked politely.

She chose not to reply to the small talk.

"Just make sure you have her home by four on Sunday, Ken."

Hutch sighed. "Why do you feel the need to tell me that every single time. I know perfectly well what time she's supposed to be home."

Vanessa just snorted and slammed the car door closed. Starsky walked up to him and they both watched as she drove away.

"What were you two fighting about?" Hutch asked his curly haired partner.

Starsky put on his best innocent face. "What makes you think we were fighting?"

"Come on Starsk. Vanessa takes every opportunity to get her digs in on you. She can't stand you."

"Well the feeling is mutual, buddy. I don't know what you ever saw in her."

"I wonder myself sometimes. The only good thing that came out of our marriage was Evie."

"Speaking of Evie, we better get in there before she eats all the pizza."

 

End