Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
622
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
9
Hits:
1,030

New Beginnings Past Ghosts

Summary:

Fandom: CSI NY/CSI Miami
Pairing: Danny/Speed
Disclaimer: not mine, just borrowing them for a little fun
Beta: cazmalfoy
Notes: Second part in Miami Start Series. Read `My Past Is On Display'.
Submitted through the Crime_Scene_Investigation_Slash mailing list.

Work Text:

New Beginnings, Past Ghosts.
by Eri

Danny left New York as fast as he could. He left his resignation on Mac's desk, and left no information on where he was heading. They didn't need to know; after all they didn't seem to care about him.

Speed had spoken to Horatio and had gotten him a job. Horatio had asked Danny why he wasn't a 2nd grade yet and listened to everything Danny had to say about why he was still a 3rd grade CSI. Horatio nodding his head, he smiled and informed Danny that he would be taking the test next month. He had more then enough experience to be a 2nd grade.

With work going smoothly and finally being close to Speed again Danny was starting to ease up, the dark circles under his eyes fading.

Walking out to join Speed on their deck, Danny stretched his arms up, showing his back off to Speed. Lifting an eyebrow, Speed smiled up at Danny; who was now sitting in his lap.

"Feeling good today?" Speed asked, moving his head slightly to give Danny more access to his neck.

"Mmm, great day."

The harsh sound of a ringing phone startled them both and Danny frowned. Getting up he quickly moved to answer his cell.

Looking over at Speed, Danny's frown deepened. He hung up and moved into the house, calling over his shoulder, telling Speed to hurry up; another body had just washed up.

 

Standing over the body, Speed looked towards Horatio and informed him that their DB was from New York.

Both men looked over towards Danny as he processed the scene; unsure how to tell him. Everything had been going smoothly and now with this case and them having to work with New York; anything could happen.

He could freeze up again; turn inwards like he had been when he first arrived. Neither man wanted that. But first, Horatio would have to talk to Danny.

***

The talk went smoothly, and Danny insisted that he would stay on the team.

When he was called out to the scene, Horatio put him in charge; just because New York was involved didn't mean he should have to take a back seat.

Feeling confident in Danny's abilities, Horatio smiled, letting Danny know he had the utmost confidence in him, which was more then Mac ever did.

As everyone expected, Mac arrived to handle the case, bringing with him Aiden and some girl Danny didn't know.

Tripp met them at the airport, before dropping them off at the lab where Danny stood, waiting with Speed and Eric on either side.

"Welcome, this way." Danny's voice was professional and calm.

His presence in Miami seeming to startle both Mac and Aiden.

After everyone was settled into one of the conference rooms, Danny began to go over what they knew so far about the case, ignoring the looks from his old team mates.

Once everyone had been informed of the situation and the tasks had been divided between them, Danny and Speed headed back to the trace labs to start working again.

Mac caught up to Danny and tapped him lightly on the shoulder.

"Can we talk?"

Danny observed Mac silently, before nodding, allowing him to speak, if only for a few moments.

"Why did you leave in such a hurry? You could have explained. "Mac looked more tired than he did before Danny left.

"This isn't the time to talk about this," Danny said, barely holding onto his professionalism.

Walking away Danny could help but feel satisfied from the look on Mac's face; the sadness that was displayed warmed Danny inside.

 

-tbc-