Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Completed:
2006-12-14
Words:
6,162
Chapters:
4/4
Comments:
1
Kudos:
27
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
2,470

Kidnapped

Summary:

Calleigh gets kidnapped by a deranged psycho who is out to get her and Horatio. Possible major character death, you'll have to wait and see... HC pairing, eventually...

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Chapter 1: Chapter 1: Calleigh's Gone

Chapter Text

Disclaimers: I don't own anything from CSI: Miami.. CBS and Jerry Bruckheimer are the lucky ones...

Pairing: Horatio and Calleigh, of course!

Summary: Calleigh gets kidnapped by a deranged psycho who is out to get her and Horatio. Possible character death. HC pairing... eventually.

A/N: I got this idea late one night... It just kind of came to me.. Let me know what you think. This is my first fanfic, so please be gentle.. Reading is very much appreciated, reviewing is even better!!

Chapter 1

The dark silhouette of a figure loomed outside CSI Calleigh Duquesne's door. He very quickly located her emergency key buried in the corner of the flower bed and gently opened the door. It was only 6 in the morning and still dark. There were no lights on in the house, but the man maneuvered expertly around , not even tripping on the shoes Calleigh lazily left next to the couch the night before. He had to work quickly to get done what needed to be done, because Calleigh got up at 7:00 to get ready for work.

A phone rang somewhere inside the house. He froze. He could hear Calleigh rousing, searching for the phone in her bedroom. He ducked into the closet in the kitchen with the cleaning supplies. Calleigh just missed him, as she came out only moments after, finding the phone.

"Hello? Eric? Yeah, I'll be there in a bit.." she said groggily into the phone before hanging up. She went back down the hall towards her bedroom and the bathroom. She gathered a few things from her bedroom and then, went to the bathroom to shower.

The intruder waited a few minutes until he was absolutely sure that she was in the shower.. 'Hmm... this alters plans, a little.. I didn't expect her to get called into work. Oh well, I've always loved a challenge,' he thought.

Because Calleigh was in the shower surrounded by the noise of the water beating down, he got a little careless, and tripped over a table. Calleigh heard it. She turned off the water and climbed out of the shower. She quickly dressed and walked slowly out of the bathroom.

"Hello? Is anyone here?" She asked, tentatively walking toward her bedroom where her gun was.

"Hey, Baby! What's going on?" the trespasser spoke up, lying across the middle of her bed on his side, his head holding up his head. He was waving her gun in the air with his other hand, "You weren't coming in here to get this, were you?"

Calleigh stopped and looked at him in horror.

"What's wrong? You look like you've never seen me before. Don't you remember? I'm Stuart Williams," he said. Her jaw dropped. "You know, the guy who served you coffee that one time, down at the Hard Rock Café. That was me! Remember, you walked in before work one morning. You sat at the corner seat, the one by the window.. You remember, don't you? Don't you!?" He pointed the gun at her angrily, awaiting her response.

"No... I-I don't remember." Calleigh said, a plan forming in her mind.

"Oh, damn it.. I was hoping.. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to kidnap you and make you remember." He said, as though nothing was wrong.

Calleigh turned around quickly and made an attempt to get to the phone in the kitchen. Stuart was ready for her to make a move like that. While she was in the shower, he set up a small trap at the end of the hall. He put a thick rope across the bottom of the hall. Calleigh looked back to see if he was following her, and tripped over the rope. Stuart strolled down the hall after her. She turned back and was staring down the barrel of her own gun.

"Now, let's try that again.. Only this time, you'll not try to get away. You wouldn't be able to use the phone anyway, because I cut the cords on it. You would have called Horatio, wouldn't you have?" he asked chuckling. "No matter. You'll probably never see him again anyway, unless you tell me what I want to know."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

An hour had gone by since CSI Eric (Delko) Delektorsky called Calleigh. The team was starting to get worried about her. She was never late. Lieutenant Horatio Caine had called her house a few times, but every time, the line was dead. She also had her cell phone turned off. 'Where could she be?' he wondered.

"Hey, H, what's wrong?" Eric asked walking toward his boss, noting the expression on Horatio's face.

"I can't seem to locate Calleigh," he said solemnly.

"Oh, well, maybe she went back to sleep or is stuck in a lot of traffic, or something," Eric said, hopefully.

"No, Eric, I don't think that's it. I called her at home, and the line's dead. Then, I tried her cell phone, and that's turned off. I also paged her. She's not returning my calls." Horatio replied.

"Horatio, I was on my way to drop this file off in your office. It's my report from last week's murder case - What's up with you two?" CSI Tim (Speed) Speedle asked upon seeing their faces.

"We think, we think Calleigh may be missing," Horatio answered. Speed's jaw dropped. "Okay, gentlemen, here's what we're going to do. Speed, you and Eric are going to go to her house to check on her. I'm going to call Frank and then look at her phone records and credit card receipts. Call me when you find something out. We're going to find her, if it's the last thing we do."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There was a knock on Calleigh's door causing her and Stuart to jump. "Cal, are you in there? Open up! H sent us over her to check on you! Come on, open your door," came Eric's muffled voice.

"Hmm... I hadn't expected him to get here so soon. Oh, it's been over an hour.. Right? Since Eric called you? So, I guess he's just in time. I'm the one who needs to pick up the pace a little.." Stuart said, peeking out the window seeing Eric and Speed. "Oh, your friend Tim is here too. This is going to be a regular party!" He said cheerfully. "Open the door and tell Eric that you fell asleep after he called and you are just getting ready for work. Then, you're going to invite them in for a cup of coffee while you finish getting ready."

"I don't think so. I'm not inviting my friends into my house while I have a psycho in here, waiting to attack them," Calleigh spoke up.

"Oh, okay, yeah, you're absolutely right," he said, as though he was going to give up. Then, he roughly grabbed her arm jamming her gun into her cheek. Calleigh closed her eyes and a single tear slid slowly down her cheek. "What if I tell you that I'm going to blow your brains out? Would you do it then?" Releasing her, he said mildly, "Besides, I never said I was going to attack them.. Now, open the door."

"Calleigh, come on, open up. Are you in there? We're coming in, if you don't come out." Speed said.

Calleigh opened her door, while Stuart hid behind it. Eric and Speed immediately saw the tear that was still lingering on her chin.

"Calleigh, what's wrong?" Eric instantly asked. Then, quietly, "Is someone in here? Is there someone in your house? Come on, talk to me, Cal."

"I'm fine. Thanks. I just fell back asleep after you called me. I don't know what happened. Do you guys want to come in for coffee?" Calleigh replied sending nervous glances behind the door. Eric and Speed slowly reached for their holsters and stepped inside.

Before they could even finish pulling their guns out, Stuart stepped our from behind the door. In one swift movement, he cut Eric's neck and stabbed Speed close to the heart. Calleigh dove to the men, screaming.