Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Categories:
Fandoms:
Relationships:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
636
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
10
Hits:
823

Solace

Summary:

RATING: PG-13 for some innuendo and language
PAIRING: Buffy/Xander, Willow/Tara
SPOILERS: "Seeing Red"
SUMMARY: How Seeing Red should have went down.
DISCLAIMER: I do not own these characters. They belong
to Joss Whedon, UPN, Mutant Enemy, and Fox. Some quotes are taken from the episode "SR."
FEEDBACK: Please!
ARCHIVING: Yes, just let me know.
Submitted through the 'YG deleted' 0oBuffyXanderFanfictiono0 mailing list. Please join us at 0oBuffyXanderFanfictiono0_2

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Solace
by Amberina

Willow buttoned up her crisp white shirt. It was a beautiful day, all with the sunlight and the smoochies. "Hey. Clothes," Willow commented with a smile.

"Don't get used to them," Tara teased.

"Yes, ma'am," Willow said compliantly. She promptly pulled her lover into a sweet, tender kiss.

"Mmm," Tara moaned softly. "Xander."

Willow pulled away. "Okay, not quite the response I was fishing for."

Tara shook her head and headed to the window looking out towards the backyard. "No, he's here."

"You think they're making up?"

****

"I don't know what I'd do without you and Willow," Xander said sincerely. He and the Slayer sat outside Buffy's house, in the backyard and the flowers were in full bloom. It was a beautiful day and it was time for them both to take a breather.

Buffy smiled softly, through her pain, both outside and in. "Let's not find out."

And they hugged, and they both lingered a bit. Xander's hand trailed up her back, Buffy took in his Xandy-smell. Aramis, cheeseburgers, and sawdust. Mmm . . . "I love you," she whispered, then pulled back a bit. "You know that . . . right?"

"Of course." His hand rested lightly on her knee. "I just wish I was there for you. Instead of Spike--"

Buffy placed her hand over his, her voice cautious but curious. "Instead of Spike?" She thought she grasped what he meant, but a part of her hoped he meant more than just in the emotional sense. At that moment she wanted nothing more than to be in the arms of one, Xander LaVelle Harris. She had never noticed before that her Xander-shaped friend--well, Xander-shaped was a nice shape to be shaped.

Xander looked the Slayer straight in the eye. He knew exactly what she was getting at, and . . . and . . . She was just so beautiful. He wanted her, and not just on the purely penis-driven level. And not just because of what Anya had did to him and what he had did to Anya. All of him wanted her, ached for her, and he sensed she wanted him, too. This wasn't like his high school crush--this was . . . this was . . . "Instead of Spike." He said it softly, his voice almost a whisper.

She scooted closer to him. "Yes. I understand." She ran her finger slowly up his arm. "Do you?"

"I always have."

The Slayer was now running her finger along the edge of his ear, making him flinch slightly. "Of course you have. I should have. Before--everything. B.S. Before Spike. And, well, before all the bull sh--"

But Xander cut her off, placing his index finger to her lips. "Forget all that. It doesn't matter anymore."

Buffy shook her head softly. "Never again."

Xander brushed a bit off her dark blonde hair out of her face. "I believe you."

Their hands met and intertwined. There lips moved ever-so near each other . . . So close . . . So . . . Buffy closed her eyes and leaned in. She felt his soft lips brush hers.

****

"Well, they're sorta kissing." Tara turned around, flashing Willow her trademark grin, her face lit by the glorious morning sun. "That's the best part."

"Ooh!" Willow exclaimed, scrambling to the window. "Smoochies!"

****

Xander kissed his friend, like he had wanted to do ever since he could remember. Her lips tasted sweet, like strawberries and mangoes, and he savored every second of it.

Buffy pulled away gently, her soft green eyes searching his. "What's this . . . mean?" Her voice was soft, cautious, still basking in the glow of the kiss.

"I'm not sure," He said just as soft as her, right before her embraced her in an other kiss, this one passionate, searing. He knew instantly this was where he belonged. All the other bullshit, it was just a sick joke.

This was for real.

THE END

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Amberina.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.