Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
500
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
21
Hits:
1,337

Drabble: Unfinished Business

Summary:

small scene set during "Unfinished Business". -- Doc Cottle tends to Admiral Adama's injuries. Yes, Doc Cottle/Admiral Adama. What can I say? My Tigh muse was quiet in regards to this episode.

Work Text:

Doc Cottle came to Admiral Adama's quarters with a med kit since the latter refused to go to sick bay. The marine standing guard opened the hatch for Cottle. He stepped inside and found Adama sitting on the couch, holding a bloody rag to his head. "Where's the President?"

Adama grunted and waved his free arm. "Called back to Colonial One."

Cottle put his cigarette out in the ashtray on Adama's desk. Then, he sat on the coffee table in front of Adama. He pushed Adama's hand down. "Now let's have a look at you." He frowned. "You want some aspirin? I'm sure you've got a killer headache."

Adama winced as Cottle barely touched his head. "Yeah, that would be good."

Cottle handed Adama the bottle and went to the stand on the other side of the room for a glass of water. He brought it back and handed it to him. "Here."

"Thanks."

Cottle resumed his seat and watched Adama swiftly down the aspirin. He took the glass and set it next to him. Then he started cleaning the blood off the side of Adama's head. "I know that you could've beaten Tyrol."

Adama smiled wryly. "Maybe, but I wasn't out to beat him."

Cottle cupped the side of Adama's neck with his other hand. He stroked Adama's jaw with his thumb. He sighed. "You're the only one I know who'll take a beating to prove a point."

Adama hissed but didn't jerk his head away from Cottle's warm hands. He rested his own on Cottle's knees. "I needed more than words. I needed the crew to see me like this."

Cottle stopped but didn't put his hands down. He held Adama's gaze. "I'm getting tired of patching you up."

"You've been doing it for the past ten years. You should be used to it by now," Adama said, deadpan.

Cottle tried for a smile but didn't quite manage it. "I'm serious."

Adama lowered his eyes. "I know."

Cottle resumed cleaning the blood off. "No more fights, old man."

Adama squeezed Cottle's leg. "Who are you calling old?"

Cottle smirked. "You. You're the old man. You know that's the crew's pet name for you."

"At least they mean it in a good way."

They were both quiet until Cottle finished. It was an easy, companionable silence. He rested his hands on Adama's shoulders. "I think you'll live."

Adama's voice was a low rumble. "Thanks, Doc. How can I repay you?"

Cottle leaned forward and kissed Adama softly. "I'll just add it to your tab."