Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
1,254
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
5
Hits:
1,217

The Impossibles: Jack and Lennie

Summary:

Jack and Lennie argue and make up after Jack makes him testify after at a grand jury trial

Work Text:

Episode Related: Bait

Status: Complete

Archive: WWOMB

Feedback: Yes

Email Address: ladybug74873@hotmail.com

Series/Sequel: if you want any

Disclaimers: Dick Wolf and his production company plus NBC own them

Notes: This takes place after the ending scene where Abbie asked Jack if he had heard from Lennie. Lennie had to go to testify against another cop. Lennie and Jack have a conversation in a restaurant about it. Lennie doesn't like it. Jack is his typical self.

 

"Have you heard from Briscoe." Abbie Carmichael

"He has work so do we." Jack McCoy

 

"Counselor."

"Detective."

Both Lennie and Jack danced around each other after their perfunctory greetings. Lennie still felt that he shouldn't have been asked by Jack to testify against a cop. And Jack was just doing his job. After a quiet, and uncomfortable dinner both men went their separate ways for the night. Jack went to his study to look over a case file and Lennie went to watch a game on the television.

Jack stepped out of his study after trying to read his case file. He hated to fight with his lover but he couldn't help what he had to ask Lennie to do. Jack had a job to do. Lennie knew that but the detective didn't like the way that the assistant district attorney had to do it. The attorney walked up to the other man and put his hand on the detective's shoulder. Lennie just shrugged it off. Jack sighed and went to sit beside his lover. The EADA tried again to get Lennie to soften towards him. Jack rubbed Lennie's leg and looked at the detective with his best hangdog look. Lennie glanced his way and lifted the rubbing hand off of his leg. The man wasn't going to soften. It may take Jack going to Plan B. Jack didn't even know what Plan B was. Later, as the two men were getting ready for bed Jack tried one last time to get Lennie to talk to him about the grand jury trial and what Lennie had to do. It didn't work either. Lennie turned his back on Jack in bed. This made Jack's heart to constrict. In the last ten years that the attorney and detective had been together neither had let an argument come between them. Both men had found that talking about whatever had started the argument before they went to bed or even to work helped to better themselves, their day and to bring them closer together. Jack tried to snuggle up against his lover but the older man just scooted away. By the next morning Jack wasn't feeling so well. His heart was heavy and his stomach was twisted in knots. It had taken almost a lifetime to find Lennie Briscoe and when he did he feel hard for the no nonsense detective. Jack tried to give Lennie a good-bye kiss but the detective just walked away from the man. Jack sighed and left their apartment.

 

Jack looked up as Abbie Carmichael came through his door. She looked quizzically at her boss. He had come through the office doors looking like someone had lost his best or maybe even his lover. She offered a small smile for the EADA and walked further into his office. Abbie just stared at the older man. She didn't want to push him but she was curious as to what had happened in the McCoy-Briscoe household.

"Well, what happened." The assistant asked.

"He is still mad. Lennie wouldn't even speak to me." He answered.

Jack just shuddered at the thought at what could happen if Lennie never spoke to him again. He hoped that wouldn't happen. Lennie was the best thing to happen to him. The attorney just looked up at his assistant and shook his head at her. He motioned for her to take a seat so that they could get their day started. Jack's day was busy but when there was a moment to just sit back and take a break his thoughts went back to Lennie.

"Try flowers, anything." Rey's deep voice said from the doorway.

"That bad, Detective."

"Yep. Help us please. The LT and I cannot live with Lennie any longer. We love the big lug. But he is driving us crazy." The young detective moaned.

The assistant district attorney just smiled and shook his head. Lennie was affected as badly as he was. Jack wondered if his lover was regretting his actions and having second thoughts about how he was treating Jack. Jack motioned Rey over to a seat and they sat together talking about ways to get Lennie to soften up and let everyone have a peaceful day. Rey knew that both men didn't take their arguments this far but when on those rare occasions that it did everyone else suffered. And the person who suffered most was one Detective Rey Curtis. Rey had to hear most of the day what an ass Jack was being over the grand jury trial. But the younger man knew differently. He knew that Lennie realized that Jack was just doing his job. The older detective just didn't like admitting when he was wrong which wasn't that often. Usually, Jack got to him before any such admittance. Now Rey, the Lieutenant and Abbie were on a mission. A mission to get their two favorite people back together again and get some peace and quiet. Abbie smiled at the detective as he left her boss' office. The plan was working. She wondered how Lt. Van Buren was making out with Lennie. The assistant walked into Jack's office and looked at the man. She sighed and shut the door to the office so that they could discuss an upcoming case in privacy.

"See ya, Jack." Abbie said as she was leaving the office later that evening.

"Bye." Jack smiled at the young woman.

After a few moments Jack heard a movement in the outer office. He got up to see who or what was out in the hallway. Standing there in all his glory was one Detective Lennie Briscoe. Jack had to smile. He almost laughed. This was because the detective had a ribbon strategically placed over Jack's favorite body part on his lover. Jack held his arms open to his lover. Both men held on tightly. They both realized in that moment that they were being like two little boys.

"Love you, Lennie. You know I wouldn't do anything to hurt you."

"Yeah, I know. It just made me mad when you had me testify."

Jack smiled at Lennie. He motioned at the detective. Lennie lifted an eyebrow and looked at the couch in the EADA's office. The EADA got the hint. Jack took the detective's hand and led him towards the couch.

Later as they lay in each others arms they vowed to try better at not letting a argument go this long. Both men felt bad that they had let it go this far and had made their friends miserable. They shared a passionate kiss before drifting off to sleep for a short nap.

Nora stood at the door and shook her head. She had heard about Lennie and Jack's argument and was glad that it was over. Now One Hogan Place as well as the Two-Seven could have peace and quiet.

 

The end