Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
665
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
7
Hits:
1,418

Holy Palmers' Kiss

Summary:

Post TT Issue #10. Kon thinks about Tim, and holding hands.

Work Text:

Holy Palmers' Kiss

***

Palm to palm is holy palmers' kiss.
Romeo and Juliet, Act 1, Scene 5

***

Palm to palm is holy palmers' kiss. Kon didn't normally spend a lot of time thinking about things. He most certainly had never before spent over an hour pondering a line from one of Shakespeare's plays. One he'd never even really read. But...it seemed to fit. Palm to palm is holy palmers' kiss. It meant that holding hands was sort of like a kiss, didn't it? And the holy part probably meant that it was chaste or...something. He'd...never really thought about it before. He'd always thought that close-mouthed kissing was about as chaste as anything sexual or romantic got. But first base included holding hands, right? Palm to palm is holy palmers' kiss. He liked kissing, a lot. A lot more than most people might think. He wasn't sure if he'd like it more than sex, but kissing and sex generally went hand-in-hand, and... And you could hold hands while kissing, couldn't you? And sort of, maybe, touch like that during sex? Palm to palm is holy palmers' kiss. Did it mean that the most basic of physical touch was...something? He'd always known that he really liked kissing simply because it was so physical...and when he was younger, almost no one touched him tenderly unless they were kissing. For the first several months of his life, only CADMUS scientists touched him, and they were...not holy palmers. And then he discovered girls, and yeah, kissing and making out and...other stuff...was fun, and felt great, but it was the touching that really got to him. That people could actually want to touch him, even if it was just because he was Superboy. At that time, he'd never wanted to be anyone else. Palm to palm is holy palmers' kiss. And then he became a part of Young Justice, and... Platonic wasn't the right word, though he didn't know exactly why, but all the friendly touching that went on was amazing. Bart would hug anyone he could get his hands on - literally. Secret couldn't go solid for very long, but when she did, she liked touching people even more than Kon did. Cassie and Cissie were always sparring together, or doing each other's hair or make-up. Robin was the only one that didn't go out of his way to touch people. But when other people touched him, he seemed to enjoy it even more than Kon did. Not like Kon didn't understand. The Bats were a bunch of touch-me-nots. But Robin...seemed to want to be touched more than they did. And he reveled in it when he was. Palm to palm is holy palmers' kiss. And it wasn't that Cassie couldn't carry Robin when they went off to fight evil, or even Bart, it was just... He'd known Robin first, and it seemed so natural to just head off to the fight together. And it wasn't like he was going to carry Robin in his arms, bridal style, so holding on to his hands would have to do. Palm to palm is holy palmers' kiss. Even with both their gloves in the way, it had been... And now his costume didn't have them anymore. And if Kon concentrated with his TTK, he could almost feel... No, he couldn't. But he wanted to. And it had nothing to do with him enjoying simple physical contact with his best friend, and everything to do with him wanting to know if holding hands with Robin really would be like kissing him. Never mind what he'd told Tim about them needing a Titans' jet. He liked things the way they were. It wasn't like he could tell him that, though. Or could he? Palm to palm is holy palmers' kiss.