Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 1 of Cry Me a River
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
777
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
10
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
1,859

Cry Me a River 1: What Thou Lov'st Well

Summary:

Clayton comes home to a distraught Harm.

Work Text:

Notes: The title is taken from Ezra Pound, Pisan Cantos, LXXXI. Page was so kind as to beta this for me. This was Gail's 2004 birthday present.

 

What Thou Lov'st Well
Part 1/1

 

Clayton Webb took his key from the lock to the front door of his townhouse. He could hear the muffled sobs, and he followed the sound to his luxuriously appointed living room, where he found his lover.

Harmon Rabb, Jr., was curled at the end of the couch, sobbing his heart out.

"Oh, sweetheart, what's wrong?"

Harm raised tear-drenched blue eyes. "Oh, Clay!" His handsome face crumpled. "AJ *yelled* at me! He said I couldn't shoot a gun in court." The lush mouth drooped in a forlorn moue of unhappiness, and Clayton felt his heart lurch in shared misery.

*Damn* the Admiral for making his lover unhappy!

Maybe he could kill AJ Chegwidden and arrange to have Clark Palmer blamed for it.

No one liked Palmer, anyway.

"Come here, precious. Let me make it better!"

"Oh, Clay!" Harm rose gracefully and hurled himself into his lover's arms. "You're so good to me!"

And because Clayton Webb was so good to him, Harm shed more tears, snuffling on his lover's shoulder.

Clayton glanced at the soggy material of his suit jacket. He really *liked* this suit. Well, sending the suit to the cleaners again so soon after it had been cleaned the last time was a small price to pay for having the handsome JAG lawyer in his bed.

"It's fine, darling. Now why don't you dry those gorgeous blue eyes? You know how I hate seeing them all red and swollen. Put on something else, and I'll take my only one out to dinner. Where would you like to dine, sweet?"

Harm was pouting. "You don't like what I'm wearing?"

"Of course I like you in your Naval uniform, Harm. It's just... I always had a weakness for a man in a vest, and you look so sexy in that three piece suit I bought you."

Harm looked at him with stars in his eyes. Clayton had often heard that expression, but until he had taken this wonderful man to his bed, he had never had first hand experience with a sighting.

"Do you really think I look sexy, Clay?"

"You're an incitement to riot, sweetness."

The tall officer beamed at him. "Why don't we stay in tonight? We can order something from that new vegetarian place that delivers."

"What a wonderful idea! I'm starved!" Although the look Clayton gave Harm told the tall Naval officer his desire was not really for food.

Harm shivered from the heat in his lover's glance. "I'll just go change into those silk lounging pajamas that you bought me for no reason."

"Oh, I had a reason, Commander."

"Did you?" Harm asked breathlessly.

"They match your beautiful blue eyes!"

"Oh!" Harm flirted his lashes, and Clayton just fell more hopelessly in love than ever.

"Why don't you get changed, and I'll call the restaurant. And afterwards I'll make mad, passionate love to you in front of a roaring fire. You'd like that, wouldn't you, my precious one?"

"Darling! Yes!"

Clayton smiled and turned to pick up the cordless extension from its base and dialed the number from memory. He'd memorized the phone numbers of all the vegetarian restaurants in the District of Columbia. "Hello? Garden of Vegetarian Delights? I'd like to place an order to be delivered."

There was a sound behind him, and Clayton turned quickly, dropping the phone and reaching under his coat for his pistol.

Harm was standing there before him, naked, one hand propped on a hip, the other behind his head.

"Oh!" Harm said, his eyes huge. He brought his hands to his mouth. "Oh, Clay, your gun is so big!"

Clayton tossed his gun aside. "Let me show you just how big it is!" He began stripping off his clothes.

Harm licked his lips and held out his arms. "Oh, yes!"

Clayton slid an arm under his lover's knees and scooped him up into his arms. He carried him to the couch and lay him down gently, as if he were made of finest china.

"I love you with all my heart, Clayton Webb!"

"And I love you, Harmon Rabb, Jr. Always!"

Clayton leaned over his lover and pressed his lips adoringly to Harm's.

And they sealed their love with a kiss that was so beautiful, so tender, that Harm began to weep.

 

~End~

Series this work belongs to: