Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Categories:
Fandom:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
741
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
13
Hits:
903

The 'S' Word

Summary:

Jack has to show he’s really sorry. He’s not too happy about it. He already apologized, right? Wrong.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Disclaimer: The characters from the show aren't mine, they belong to others. No copyright infringement intended. Any characters you don't recognize are mine. Feedback would be nice, positive feedback would be nicer. Enjoy!

Category: Stargate SG-1 hurt/comfort humorous short fic

Rating: Teens

Characters: O'Neill/Jackson

Series: No

Spoilers: The Other Side specifically

Summary: Jack has to show he's really sorry. He's not too happy about it. He already apologized, right? Wrong.

Archive: Just tell me where it's going

Additional 'stuff': Nothing I can think of. Saw the ep. and this came to me.

Title: The 'S' word

Daniel accepted Jack's apology. Sort of. Getting Jack to use what he called the 's' word was a major achievement in any case, but he had been humiliated and that still hurt, even hours after their return and Jack's obviously sincere apology.

For some reason he couldn't put into words, even in his head, this one hurt more than any of the other times Jack had put him down. And, apparently, Jack had recognized he'd gone too far this time. Hence his apology.

Daniel laid on his bed and closed his eyes, trying to rest, but sleep wouldn't come. He was startled by a knock at the door.

'Uh...come in.'

He lifted himself up onto his elbows and waited. When the door opened he was surprised to see Jack standing uncertainly in the doorway.

'Got a minute?'

Daniel sighed. 'Jack?'

Jack lingered in the doorway, uncertain of his welcome. 'Uh...I was...uh...wondering if you...uh...had a minute?'

'You said that already.' Daniel said, his voice flat.

'Uh...yeah...well, uh...the...uh...thing is...I...aw Hell...take your best shot.'

'My...what?' Daniel frowned uncomprehendingly.

Jack closed the door behind him and walked into the center of the room. 'Come on Daniel...I deserve it.'

Daniel sighed, a smile almost playing around his lips. Almost. 'I'm not gonna hit you Jack.' He sat up, swinging his legs over the side of the bed.

'It's okay. I don't mind. I'll tell Hammond I...uh...fell...or something.'

Daniel inhaled deeply. 'It's okay Jack.'

Jack scowled. 'No, it's not! I behaved like a complete idiot!'

Daniel nodded, remembering how hurt he had been at Jack's sharp put-down. 'Yeah. You didn't trust my instinct that something wasn't right.'

Jack tried to shrug and nod at the same time but he was feeling really uncomfortable and that lent his voice an edge. 'I said I was sorry Daniel, remember?!'

Daniel sighed sadly. 'Were you? I mean *really* sorry?'

Jack looked hurt and he pouted. 'Yes!'

Daniel thought Jack had never looked more sorry but didn't change his expression. 'I don't know Jack. I mean, you said the words but...'

'What do you want me to say?!' Jack was losing his temper and his question echoed around the room.

'I don't want you to *say* anything.' Daniel shook his head.

'So...we're...okay?'

'I want you to hug me.'

Jack's eyes widened. 'Hug...you?'

'Uh huh.' Daniel nodded, desperately trying not to smile at Jack's horrified expression.

'Here?'

Daniel toyed with the idea of suggesting the Commissary or the Gate Room but took pity on Jack as the possibilities flitted through his mind. 'Yup.'

Jack approached him as if he were a Go'auld, only more cautiously.

Daniel stood with his arms at his sides and waited. And waited. He wondered for a second if they were stuck in some kind of temporal abnormality and time had slowed down. It was taking Jack longer to cover three feet of rug-covered floor than Daniel would have believed possible.

Finally, Jack was close enough and he stood awkwardly, arms outstretched, waiting.

'A hug Jack. You have to actually...you know...hug.' Daniel was enjoying this more than he thought possible, and wanted Jack's discomfort to last as long as possible, but finally, tentatively, lightly, Jack's arms enclosed Daniel's upper torso. Trying not to laugh out loud, Daniel laid his head on Jack's shoulder, reaching around Jack's tense arms.

'Now say you're sorry.'

Jack licked his lips, swallowed and forced out through clenched teeth. 'I'm sorry.'

Daniel pulled away from the embrace, smiling. 'I know.'

Jack's eyes glinted dangerously. 'You...know?'

Daniel nodded, ignoring the warning signs of an impending O'Neill explosion. 'Yup.'

Walking past the archaeologist's room, Carter was almost pushed off her feet by the sonic boom of Jack's shout: 'DANIEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'

End

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author fanficwriter101.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.