Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
205
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
5
Hits:
1,259

Lies

Summary:

Wiseguy fic -- Vinnie/Sonny -- response to the 5 minute challenge, using the word "lies"

Work Text:

Lies. That's what it all was based on. Lies.

I can't say that I didn't mean it, Sonny. From the beginning, I wanted to earn your trust. That was the only way to get the goods to bring you down.

At the time, I didn't think of it as getting ready to stab you in the back. You and Dave were criminals and Dave killed Dermott. You guys didn't deserve any better.

But then you were so good to me. You took me in, looked after me when the others wanted to tear me apart. I never thought I could say this about you, but you were vulnerable after Dave died and you gave me your trust.

All the money, power, and passion. Those nights in my bed. I was tempted to give up everything I knew was right for you. I can't deny that.

There was so much in you I loved and admired, but it couldn't cancel out your blood lust. At the end, you said you loved me. I loved you to, but it wasn't enough. Now, you're dead and I have to live with the thirty pieces of silver in my pocket.