Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationships:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Completed:
2007-01-23
Words:
4,799
Chapters:
6/6
Comments:
4
Kudos:
23
Bookmarks:
5
Hits:
5,122

John Doe

Summary:

Pairing: Surprise
Disclaimer: Not mine, not making money… just using them for my own selfish reasons.
Beta: zophan – no caps
Warning: beware… I'm not sure
Notes: Written for Dani
Submitted through the Crime_Scene_Investigation_Slash mailing list.

Chapter 1: Part 1

Chapter Text

John Doe
by Eri

He awoke to fluorescent lights beating down on him, stinging his eyes. The smell of bleach and antiseptic filled the air. Squinting a little, he opened his eyes. Strong hands reached over, placing a pair of glasses on his face. Once his eyes adjusted, he looked up into the unfamiliar eyes of the man standing beside his bed. Crinkling his eyes, he tried to place the face of the man standing before him.

"My name is Mac Taylor. I am with the crime lab and I have a few questions for you."

Waiting for everything to sink into the young blonde, Mac smiled trying to reassure the kid he was in safe hands.

Nodding his head, he adjusted his glasses.

"First, can you tell me your name?"

He looked thoughtful for a moment before shaking his head.

"Alright, do you remember what happened?"

Again, the young man shook his head.

"Ok, let me get the doctor"

***

After a quick check over the patient, the doctor turned to Mac.

"He has amnesia, a slight concussion and bruising over various parts of his body. It looks like he took a pretty good beating. We asked him if we could use a sexual assault kit, but he declined."

Mac nodded.

"Any reason to think he had been sexually assaulted, doctor?"

Looking over at the young man cuddled into a ball in bed, the doctor sighed.

"He has significant bruising on his hips, as if he had been held in place. He wouldn't let me get a better look at his gluteus maximus or his penis. So I couldn't tell you for sure."

Mac nodded again, thanking the doctor. The young man's face held a hint of innocence, like a child, a by product of the amnesia no doubt. Blonde turfs of hair stuck up every which way, and his deep blue eyes bore into him and staring into them made Mac feel like he could drown in their depths. These features added to his boyish appearance.

Mac shook his head; he was supposed to be impartial, not gawk at the young man. Finding this difficult, Mac turned towards the door trying to compose himself. What is it about this kid that made him want to wrap him in cotton and protect him from the world?

Turning back towards the bed, Mac walked closer.

"Unfortunately, you were found without ID. Since you cannot remember your name we will have a harder time locating your family. First we will check missing person reports and then if that is unsuccessful, we will post your picture on TV"

The young man blinked a few times, trying to comprehend what Mac was saying to him. Turning to leave Mac found his hand grasped tightly. Looking down he found pleating blue orbs staring into his soul, begging him to stay. Pulling a chair up beside the bed, Mac pulled out his cell. Dialing Stella, he filled her in on the situation and set her to work on finding out who this kid was.

Leaning back against the heap of pillows, eyes partially closed, the young blonde cuddled into Mac's hand, a small smirk to his features. He clearly felt safe with Mac.

Sitting against the chair, Mac sighed. Today was going to be a long day.

***

Stella walked into the hospital room quietly. She did not want to wake the victim up. Smiling at Mac, she ruffled the Marines hair, causing a frown to crease his features.

"It's cute, you know?"

Mac only raised an eyebrow.

"You holding his hand," Stella answered, pointing towards the bed.

"Actually, he is holding my hand."

Mac's statement only caused Stella to giggle.

"He needs a name." Stella's voice was soft.

"For now, he's still a John Doe."

"Ok... so, John. At least until we find out who he really is."

"Works for me." John's voice startled both detectives. Up until now, Mac had never heard him speak. Turning slightly to look back over at John, Mac simply raised an eyebrow.

"Hi," Was all John could muster up.

"Hi," Stella said back, nudging Mac.

"Umm, you can talk." It was a stupid thing to say, yet that was all Mac could think of. He normally was so articulate when it came to victims or suspects. Today he seemed to act more like a teenager on a first date than a seasoned detective.

Both Stella and John looked over at Mac.

"Yeah, I can talk."

This made Mac laugh, Causing Stella and John to again stare blankly at the older man.

***

So far no one had recognised John's face. They had posted it all over the news for the past week. Now it came time to release him and he had no where to go. Mac felt bad, he had spent most of his time the last week in the company of John. John couldn't remember much of anything. Little pieces were coming back here and there, like that he loved baseball. These little tidbits made talking to him easier.

Once the nurse came in to discharge John, Mac informed him that he would be coming home with him. A little shocked at first, John gradually became excited. He was really starting to like Mac. He felt safe the moment he met him, and he was the only thing stable in his life right now.

Gathering what little John had with him, Mac pushed his wheelchair down the hall to his awaiting car.

***

Sonny didn't watch the news. He didn't even watch TV, but now he decided he was going to. Staring at the screen inside Billy Bats, he stood, shocked. On the TV was a picture of Danny, hooked up to various machines and looking anything but healthy. No ID, no clue as to who he is. The last shot before the news changed to a new story was the outside of a local hospital. Placing his beer down, Sonny knew exactly where he was heading, to get Danny.

***

Sonny was furious, pacing up and down the sidewalk outside the hospital. Turned out Danny had been released into the hands of a Detective Mac Taylor. This wasn't good. Trying to think straight, Sonny pressed the palms of his hands into his eyes.

"Got it."

Sonny knew he'd come through. Got to love dirty cops, he thought. His newest contact was eager to please, and gladly give up Mac's address so that he could stay on Sonny's payroll.

Now, not even 20 minutes later, Sonny was on his way to Taylor's house. Soon, he'd have Danny back, right under him, exactly where he belonged.

 

end part 1
-TBC-