Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Character:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
696
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
8
Hits:
1,029

Upon a foundation of love

Summary:

no summary

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Upon A Foundation Of Love

by Sephiroth

Sephiroth@map.com

Fandom: Final Fantasy 7

Upon A Foundation Of Love
by Sephiroth

 

-PROLOGUE-

As the Jenova cells in his body slowly vanished, Jenova drawing them into herself in a frantic attempt to save her own life, Sephiroth's body began to change before Cloud's stunned eyes.

Sephiroth screamed in horror as he felt the Jenova power leaving him. How could she do this to him?! He'd done terrible things for her sake, made himself an outcast from all the world in her name. And now, at the hour of his greatest need, she was taking away all the protection he had from a world that surely hated him.

Cloud closed his eyes as the Jenova cells ripping free of Sephiroth's body took on a blinding glow which stung his eyes even through their lids. He could hear Sephiroth's scream as it changed until it became to wail of a lost and abandonned infant. The arena was once again
back to its normal brightness and Cloud opened his eyes and saw a little baby lying there, crying and squirming about. He picked up the baby, just as Tifa's hand reached down for him.

 

-CHAPTER 1-

Vincent smiled as Sephiroth drained off the last of the formula from the bottle he'd bought at the local supply shop. He adored the infant. After all, he'd been Lucrecia's lover. "You have your
mother's eyes." he told the child. "I never noticed before when they were glowing. But now that they're normal I can see that they're just like hers."

The baby looked up at Vincent, not understanding the strange sounds coming from the big person's mouth. All he knew was that he loved this big person and wanted him to know that, too. But he was too little say a lot of things. In fact, he hadn't tried this talking thing yet. This seemed like a good time to do it.

"Da-da?"

Vincent felt a floodgate burst within himself. He held the child close and cried with the all the joy of a redeemed soul.

"He's right." Cait Sith said, after a moment.

"Excuse me?" Vincent asked.

"Hojo's not Sephiroths father, Vincent." Cait Sith said. "You are. Lucrecia tried to bear a child for Hojo, but they couldn't conceive. Hojo was sterile because of early experiments he'd done on himself, though he didn't know this. Lucrecia knew that Hojo would subject her to horrible punishments if she didn't conceive his child. Probably the same type of punishment he had planned for Aeris when she was his 'guest.'

Nanaki shuddered for a moment as he thought of what Hojo and tried to make him do to Aeris.

"So she allowed your affair with her to go to its fullest limits." Cait Sith went on. "The doctors loved her as much as you did, so they made sure Hojo thought the baby was his. And you know the rest."

Vincent smiled at the child, his child, now sleeping in his arms.

(2)

"Is the crib made up?" Vincent asked, looking down at the sleeping infant.

"I put one together in your sleeping quarters." Tifa replied.

"Thank you. I'd better get him off to bed."

Barret watched him go. "I don't know who I'm gonna have it tougher gettin' used to." he grumbled. "The dad or the kid."

"Kid needs a mom." Yuffie remarked.

"Oh?" Cid asked. "Got anyone in mind."

"Hey! Its not like that at all."

"Yuffie loves Vinnie! Yuffie loves Vinnie!" Cait Sith danced and sang.

"I do not." Yuffie protested.

"Oh, please, let me come to the wedding. I do so love weddings. Such happy events." Cait was going on as Vincent returned.

"Someone getting married?" Vincent asked.

"What a lovely couple. Ninja and vampire..."

"I'm a NOT a vampire!" Vincent protested, though he made no attempt to deny or quell any rumors about himself and Yuffie.

Everyone waited for such a denial, but it never came.

"Um, Vincent?" Yuffie asked. "Isn't there something else you want to deny?"

"Hmmm. Nope." Vincent replied. He turned to say something to Cloud then heard a soft *thud*.

Yuffie had fainted.

END PART 2

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Sephiroth.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.