Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Characters:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Completed:
2006-10-08
Words:
3,708
Chapters:
4/4
Kudos:
23
Hits:
3,149

Untitled Final Fantasy Fic

Summary:

Seph reborn

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Chapter Text

Untitled Final Fantasy 7 fic

By Sephiroth

Sephiroth@map.com

Disclaimer: I didn't create 'em. I ain't gettin' paid.

Warning: Warning! There is no sex in this fic, but the world is probably gonna get... (doing a passable Gilda Radner impression) never mind.

 

Untitled Final Fantasy 7 fic

By Sephiroth

 

Yuffie was the first of the former Avalance members, outside the happy couple, to learn the news of Tifa's pregnancy. Buying a gift for the expectant parents, she told the others of the news so that
they could arrange a surprise baby shower for Tifa.

It took some doing, but they managed to pull it off. And, when Tifa was five months along, the shower finally took place. Everyone bought various presents for the baby, clothes, bibs, rattles, pacifiers.

Cait Sith reached into the back of his stuffed body and pulled out a long page wrapped elegantly in shiny blue and pink paper.

"What is it?" Tifa asked as she unwrapped it.

"Maybe something more appropriate than you realize." the Cait Sith replied, mysteriously as Tifa opened the box.

Within the box was a long sword. A *very* long sword.

"Is this a joke?" Tifa glared at the cat riding the giant stuffed moogle. "Because if it is, it's not funny."

"No joke." Cait Sith replied. "I can't explain, but something inside me said this would be the perfect gift for your baby."

"I'm *not* giving a sword to a baby!" Tifa argued.

"Perhaps when the baby is older. Until then, keep it for him."

"No." Tifa put her foot down. "Look at me, I am *not* going to give any sword to my child. Especially *that* one!"

Cloud walked in and heard Tifa arguing with Cait Sith. "What's wrong, hon'?" he asked.

"That." Tifa pointed to the unwrapped sword. "He," she pointed to Cait Sith, "decided to give this to me for a baby shower gift.

"I meant no disrespect." Cait Sith apologized. "But for some strange reason, it seemed an appropriate gift.

"An appropriate baby shower gift?!" Cloud nearly exploded. "Masamune?!"

 

(part 2)

"Well..." Cait Sith hedged.

"Since *when* is Masamune a good baby shower gift?!"

"Now that you mention it, I suppose it's not. But..."

"Well, I guess its better than letting it fall into the wrong hands." Cloud decided. "How did you get it here?"

"I carried it." Cait Sith replied. "The moogle part of my body isn't a living creature, so it can carry Masamune, though it can't wield it."

Tifa reached down to cover the box. All at once she staggered back, holding her stomach.

"Tifa?!" Cloud was worried.

"I'm okay. The baby just moved, that's all."

"It kicked?" Cloud smiled.

"It felt more like it punched me." Tifa sounded winded. She tried to close the box again, and the same thing happened. "Holy shit," she swore like a woman who'd been hanging around Barrett too much; which is exactly what she was. "Cloud, I think we've got a problem."

"We've got a very strong baby, that's all." Cloud reassured her. "Don't worry."

"Don't worry. Cloud, you don't get it." Tifa was on the verge of panic. "Twice he's hit me very hard and both times I was close to that wretched sword. Do you get what I'm trying to tell you?!"

"The baby's trying to grab the sword?" Yuffie offered.

Tifa nodded.

"What the heck would an unborn child try to grab a sword for?" Barrett asked, dismissively.

"Maybe he wants it back."

Everyone turned to Nanaki, who was sitting in the corner.

"What did you say?" Cloud asked as Tifa collapsed into her chair.

Tifa shook her head. "No. Don't repeat it. We heard it the first time and I'd rather not hear it again."

"Maybe we have to." Cloud told her. "If the baby is..."

"Then we'll get rid of it." Tifa replied. "I'm not going to spend my life mothering ... *him*."

"I think it might be better if we kept him." Cloud suggested. "Who knows how Sephiroth might turn out with a loving and nurturing family?"

"Okay." Tifa gave in. "But don't expect me to like it."

 

(part 3)

"Cloud?" Tifa asked as they lay in bed that evening, "What if it's true? What if I am carrying... well..."

"We'll just have to make sure that he doesn't turn out the same way." Cloud replied. "That means we can't act suspicious or distrustful of everything he does."

"That's not going to be easy, Cloud." Tifa sighed. "Sephiroth killed my father. I still can't forgive him for that. What am I supposed to do about that?"

"I know it won't be easy, Tifa. But we have to think of some way to cope with this."

 

-Part 4-

When the time came, Tifa gave birth to an exquisite baby boy who was a tiny infant replica of Sephiroth right down to the hair, which strangely enough was long at birth. A single black wing, a remnant of Sephiroth's last incarnation, was folded against the infant's back.

The obstetrician looked very distressed.

"Doctor?" Tifa asked. "What's wrong?"

"Mrs. Strife, I don't know how to tell you this, but..."

The baby started to cry, wanting it's mother. The doctor sighed. //He's just a baby.// he thought to himself. //He's an exact replica... maybe even the reincarnation... of Sephiroth. But he's still just a baby.// He handed the infant over to Tifa. "Here's your son."

Tifa looked down at the baby and broke down in tears. "Damn you." she whispered. "You destroyed my family and my home, murdered thousands of innocent people and I can't even hate you."

"That's in his past life." the doctor told her. "In this life he's innocent, he's done no harm. You can love him if you want to. He is your son after all."

Cloud walked in. "Tifa, how is he?"

"He's Sephiroth."

Cloud nodded and went over to the window. "Well, I don't see any meteors coming, so I guess he's happy."

"That's not funny." Tifa frowned.

"It's a defense mechanism." Cloud explained. "I'm no happier with this than you are. Tifa, let's just take the baby home and see what happens from there. He may turn out to be a wonderful child."

"Maybe." Tifa allowed.

****

Cloud woke that evening to find himself alone. Getting up, he went to the baby's room to see if Tifa was feeding their son. //Sephiroth,// he thought to himself. //I'm Sephiroth's father. This is so
strange.// He walked into the nursery and found Tifa lying on the floor, a bottle of pills near her outstretched hand.

"Tifa!" Cloud ran back to his room and grabbed an antidote and a heal materia from his travel kit, then he returned to the baby's room and administered both to Tifa.

Tifa sat up. "Cloud?"

"Tifa, why?"

"I just can't ..." Tifa broke off. "Cloud, evil has returned to this world and it's all my fault."

"Sephiroth has returned." Cloud told her. "He may not be evil. He needs both of us to make sure he turns out better this time. Please, Tifa?"

Tifa broke down in tears and threw her arms around Cloud. "I don't know what to do anymore." she lamented.

"We'll think of something." Cloud promised.

 

END

Continued in Book Two