Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Completed:
2006-11-05
Words:
2,502
Chapters:
3/3
Comments:
16
Kudos:
17
Bookmarks:
5
Hits:
9,128

Moving To Spain

Summary:

Pairing: Gibbs/Tony
Fandom: NCIS/CSI NY slightly...
Disclaimer: not mine, not making money
Warning: none
Notes: Challenge from NavyNCISFF, `Tony says yes to his own team… wide open' I'm making it a crossover. Since I feel like stealing a character for Tony's new team. I hope leaving it open for more is ok Bosslady… Just thought this might make a good series… Anyone want me to continue???
Submitted through the Crime_Scene_Investigation_Slash mailing list.

Chapter 1: complete

Chapter Text

Moving To Spain
by Eri

Tony couldn't believe he was about to do this. Leave DC for Spain, form his own team, and right now what he's edging closer to doing, leave Gibbs. He wouldn't call it dumping. They aren't really together. The screw around when Gibbs feels like it, and technically they did stop once he left for Mexico. Its just he's been asking that Tony come around. That he spend some time with him, even been calling him more. Tony of course avoids all of this. He can't take it anymore. Maybe he is getting old.

He walks into the bullpen and straight towards his desk. Picking up the files he placed there before going to tell Jenny who he had chosen; A Maria Covachuck, Thomas Haney, and another former homicide detective, Don Flack Jr.

He's quite pleased with his decisions, even recruited Flack himself. He had gone to New York to visit some old friends and saw him in a cop bar, Sullivan's he thinks. They got talking and Tony learned he was having trouble adjusting back to work after nearly being blown up. He could understand, Gibbs isn't exactly himself just yet. A change of pace could work in this kids favour. He wasn't sure why he offered, but he did and right now he doesn't regret it.

Tony is so lost in thought that he doesn't notice that Ziva and Tim are back from lunch or that they are staring at him. Ziva notices that he has boxes near his desk and personnel folders in his hands. Walking closer she reaches out to pull them from his hands.

"What do you think your doing?" He asks, just noticing them there.

"What are these for?" She asks looking form the folders to the boxes.

"Oh well these are my new team" he answers, smile plastered to his face.

"And the boxes, Well I need my stuff"

He now puts the folders down and begins to pack his desk up. Both Ziva and Tim are stunned. They had heard a rumour, through Abby of course, that Tony was leaving. No one believed it.

"Maria Covachuck, Thomas Haney and Don Flack"

"Well I know Maria from training and I hear Haney does good work, who's the other guy?" Tim looks right at Tony as he says this.

"I recruited him; he's Homicide, New York"

"You recruiter who to where?" Gibbs voice is stern and unamused.

"Detective Don Flack Jr and he's on my team"

Gibbs stares at Tony for a while, not moving or even blinking. He takes a sip of his coffee and then tilts his head slightly.

"Your team?"

Tony nods and then starts to walk towards the elevator. Once inside he hits a random button then hits stop.

"Look before you start, I didn't ask for this, it was assigned."

Gibbs nods again and smiles.

"Congratulations, how far are you going?"

Tony looks confused for a moment then it clicks in.

"Spain"

Gibbs now looks startled. "Spain?"

"Yes, which brings me to why I wanted to talk in private"

Tony pauses then decides to just go all in.

"Were done, after I leave today I wont see you again"

Gibbs doesn't speak, and Tony starts to wonder if blunt was the best way to go. Then with out notice Gibbs hits the start button and gets off as fast as he can. He doesn't look back and Tony tells himself he'll get over it. He has to pack up here and get home to pack up what's coming with him. He's moving to Spain.

End? Want more?