Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
3,542
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
12
Hits:
838

Singing in the rain

Summary:

Romantic comedy piece featuring my favorite couple, John and Aeryn Crichton

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Title: Singing In The Rain

Author: Lady T

t_girl_7@hotmail.com

Spoilers: References to A Human Reaction

Timeline: Future.

Authors Note: Romantic comedy piece featuring my favorite couple, John and Aeryn Crichton.

Disclaimer: None of the characters featured in this story are mine. They know who they belong to. I'm just borrowing them for a little fun and games.

Special thanks: To my beta reader Eli for taking the time to proof this for me. Your help will always be greatly appreciated. Thanx again.

 

SINGING IN THE RAIN

By Lady T

Aeryn swayed into the room wearing the nightgown she had worn on their wedding night. It was a long white satin gown with a lace bodice and thin straps. It was a shapely gown that was low cut in the back and flowed past her ankles. She remembered the way John had looked at her that night and figured it would grab his attention again the minute he saw her. She walked over to stand in front of the TV to get her husbands attention. She stood in the most seductive pose she could muster. "Aeryn come on, move. I'm trying to watch the game." John complained trying to look around her at the TV.

"The game. So the game is more important than me is it?" Aeryn said as she walked over to him and snatched the remote from him.

"Come on Aeryn, don't play around. This is the playoffs." John said trying to reach for the remote. Aeryn had hid it behind her back.

"Not anymore it isn't." Aeryn smiled jokingly as she turned the TV off and held the remote above her head.

"AERYN, turn it back on now. Hurry up." John demanded as he got up from the couch and walked over to her.

"No." she said all the while trying to keep the remote away from him. She teased him by switching it from one hand to the other. John grabbed her by the waist pulling her closer and struggled with her to gain possession of the remote.

"Please." John pleaded acting like he had been defeated.

"Noway Jose." She said smiling. John laughed at her use of the human term though he knew she had no idea what or who Jose was. She had often heard him say it. "When is it going to be passtime?"

"That's halftime Aeyrn and it's almost the end of the second quarter now so give me the remote." He went to grab it from her and he lost his balance and fell back on the couch pulling Aeryn down with him. He triumphed and managed to get the remote away from her.

"John Crichton, don't you dare turn that TV back on." Aeryn said trying to get hold of the remote again. She started to tickle him and he began to laugh hysterically.

"Stop it, stop it." He managed to say through jagged breaths since he was laughing so hard.

"Give it to me." Aeryn had him pinned down so he could barely move. She began playfully kissing him. She gave him little pecks on his neck and worked her way up to his lips. It always drove John insane when she did that and he gave in and started kissing Aeryn passionately as he caressed her bare back. Just as Aeryn thought it was getting good she heard the sound of the TV come back on but she continued to kiss her husband. She trailed kisses down his neck and began to caress his chest. She loved the feel of his chest. 'so muscular,? she thought. Then all of a sudden "TOUCHDOWN!!!" Aeryn was thrown onto the floor as John stood up and jumped up and down. She just laid on the floor watching John as he became engrossed by this game she thought was primitive and made no sense to her whatsoever.

After a few minutes John realized that his wife was still lying on the floor. "Awe baby, I'm sorry. Are you ok?" He asked trying to help her up.

"Don't touch me." Aeryn said swatting his hand away.

"I'm just trying to help you up."

"Don't bother." Aeryn said angrily as she got up and stormed out of the room.

"Honey, come on don't be like that. I said I was sorry. Please come back, its halftime. If you want, we can get it on real quick. We got about 20 minutes and you know me baby." John said sarcastically.

Disgusted by her husbands? attempt to make a joke of the situation, Aeryn turned around with her hands on her hips and just stared at him.

"Honey, I'm kidding. It was a joke. Seriously, come here. John said apologetically.

Aeryn slowly walked back into the room looking at John. It was then that he realized he had really hurt her feelings. There were still things about earth and humans that Aeryn didn't understand and probably wouldn't understand. But she was truly hurt that her husband seemed to care more about a game than his own wife.

"Aer, come here." John said walking over to her and leading her to the couch. He pulled her onto his lap and looked into her eyes. "Baby, I'm sorry. It's just that...I don't know...it's just a guy thing. Football could never be more important than my beautiful wife. I love you, you know that." He said as he brushed her hair away from her face.

"I will never understand you human males. You are all bizarre creatures!" Aeryn yelled trying to get up from John's lap.

"Hey that's not nice Mrs. Crichton." John said grabbing Aeryn by the wrist and pulling her back down onto the couch. He was on top of her now. He gave her one of his best sly grins. "I thought you loved my bizarre-ness."

"You want to know what's bizarre Crichton? You watch grown men dress up in these costumes with big shoulders and pads everywhere and those stupid helmets but you haven't even noticed me." John pushed himself up a little to look at what she had on.

"Hey that's'that's the gown you wore on our wedding night isn't it?" He asked as he smiled at her.

"Oh, you remember do you?" She mocked him.

"How could I forget the most wonderful night of my life with my wife." He said in a low husky voice brushing his lips against hers.

"Well, when it comes to your football, you don't seem to remember anything." Said Aeryn as she pushed him off of her. She stood up and started to walk away. She stopped in the doorway. "Do you know what today is John?" She asked without turning around.

John's mind began to race trying to remember what memorable moment in their lives together he had forgotten and she remembered. He knew it wasn't their wedding anniversary or her birthday. He wracked his brain trying to figure it out and he didn't want to start throwing out answers because if he did and they were wrong she would surely be upset.

Still standing in the doorway, Aeryn turned around to face him but all John could do was look at the floor. "You don't remember do you?" Aeryn asked as she slowly started to approach him again. He looked into her eyes and she could tell that he didn't remember.

Defeated, John gave her his answer. "No Aeryn I'm sorry, I don't remember."

Aeryn took him by the hand and led him to the window. "Listen." She said as she looked at him. "What do you hear?"

"What, besides the rain?" He asked unsure where this was going.

"Yes John, the rain. Do you remember now? She asked as she opened the curtains. John hadn't realized that it started raining. He was too caught up in the football game.

"When did it start raining?" John asked as he peered through the window unaware that Aeryn's eyes never left him. He turned back to see that she was still staring at him. "It's rain Aeryn. You like rain I know that but what is so important to you about this day and why I should remember it?" He asked.

She stared at him for a few more seconds to see if it would come to him. When she realized that he wouldn't remember she let go of his hand and walked away again hurt.

"Aeryn, Aeryn." He called after her but she made no attempt to turn around. She began to walk up the stairs and he caught her by the hand as she was halfway up. "Baby, please don't walk away. Tell me what's going on. Honest, I'm not trying to hurt you, it's just that I really don't remember. If it's important to you, I want to know."

"John, if you don't remember, there's no point in telling you. Apparently it wasn't important enough to you to remember." She said as she walked the rest of the way upstairs and went into their bedroom. "Just go John, go watch your game." She closed the bedroom door.

John sat on the steps stunned trying to figure out what just happened between him and his wife. "Stupid John, so stupid." He muttered to himself. "What the hell did you forget this time?" Realizing that Aeryn probably wanted to be alone he went back downstairs and sat on the couch. The game was back on and he was watching it but his mind was elsewhere.

After a few minutes he turned off the TV, got up from the couch and started pacing back and forth trying to figure out what was so important about this day to Aeryn. He began mumbling to himself as he tossed the remote control In the air several times and catching it. "Ok, it's not our anniversary so that's out. Birthday's birthdays, nope, that's not it. How about the first time we met?noooo. Wait a minute, she said rain. She loves rain." John's mind began to race as he sat back down. He was starting to remember. "The first time she saw rain was when we were on the faux earth. Ohhh man, it was raining outside. It was the first time we were together. The first time we made love. John you moron, how could you forget something like that. Never ever let a woman of any species let you know you forgot something important to them." He turned off the TV and went out to the kitchen. He pulled two beers out of the refrigerator and began to make his way upstairs.

When he entered their bedroom he saw that Aeryn was asleep. Tears were still evident on her face. He remained in the doorway heartbroken at the sight knowing that he was the reason she was upset in the first place. He walked over and kneeled down beside the bed glancing at her. She was still wearing the nightgown that she had on their wedding night. Of course it wasn't on for too long that night. That he did remember.

"Aeryn." He whispered close to her. "Sweetheart." He said again. She began to stir and her eyes fluttered open to see John's eyes locked on her.

"What is it John?" She asked not bothering to raise her head.

"Where do the fellips get their nectar?" He asked.

"What? Are you frelling insane John?" She asked finally lifting herself up onto her elbows. "What do you mean where do fellips get their nectar? Have you been drinking?"

"Well I seem to recall a day when you were about to tell me where fellips get their nectar." He said as he lifted up the beers and handed her one. "Move over." John sat on the bed stretched out his legs and crossed them. Aeryn was still leaning on her elbows looking at John as if he had taken leave of all his senses. "Well?"

"Well what?" She replied.

"I'm waiting for you to tell me where fellips get their nectar." He knocked his and Aeryn's bottles together. "Down the hatch." John said as he took a swig of his beer. Aeryn gave him a knowing smile finally realizing what he was trying to do. She thought she'd play along.

"Down the hatch." She also took a swig of her beer. "Well fellips are a creature on Tarsus and they get their nectar fr?"

"Shhh listen." Said John cutting her off again as he did the first time she tried to explain it.

"Crichton, do you want to know where fellips get their nectar or not?" She said annoyed by being interrupted again.

John cut her off again. "Aeryn, listen to that."

"What John, the rain. Apparently it means nothing to you." Aeryn said angrily as she sat up and put her beer on the nightstand. She got out of the bed and walked over to the window and stared out at the rain. It was such a beautiful day, Aeryn thought. It was raining but there was still a trace of sunlight In the sky. The colors were beautiful shades of red and orange.

"Yes it does. Anything that's important to you means everything to me. I'm just sorry that it took me so long to realize that this is the anniversary of the first time we?well'the first time we made love. And Aeryn believe me, it is important to me. Everything about that night meant everything to me." John put his beer down and got up off the bed. He walked over to stand behind Aeryn wrapping his arms around her he pulled her close. "Aeryn remember when we were back on Moya and you thought that it was so strange that everything seemed to amaze me?"

"Yes." She replied quietly

"Well it amazed me because I was in a place that I had never dreamed of being in and I saw things that I had never seen. You, on the other hand, had seen all of those things before so it didn't mean anything to you." Aeryn turned around in John's arms and wrapped her own arms around his waist. She looked up into his eyes as he continued. "When we were back on the faux earth and you saw rain for the first time, didn't it amaze you?" She nodded her answer. "Well it didn't really mean anything to me because it wasn't something new to me. You understand what I'm saying?" He asked. She tilted her head to the side trying to figure out where this was leading.

"Simple things like rain amaze you and the fact that the first time we were together, it happened to be raining. I never would have put two and two together if you hadn't spelled it out for me. Hell baby, it doesn't have to be raining outside for me to want to make love to you. But now I know why this day is so important to you. Do you forgive me?" He asked pleadingly.

She looked down for a second then back up into his eyes. "I guess I'll forgive you this time Crichton, but I will not be so forgiving the next time you forget something that should be important to both of us." She replied.

"Let's kiss and make up then." He said grinning. "Hey and I think I've earned the right to be called John, not Crichton. I am your husband after all." He said as he began kissing her gently. She responded by grabbing the back of his neck and kissing him harder.

"Crichton?I mean John? It's still raining." Said Aeryn as she began trailing kisses down his neck tracing his jawline. Her hands were stroking his back and then lower until she reach his buttocks giving them a light squeeze. She pushed him back onto the bed and began removing his shirt all while kissing and licking his chest. "So who won the game?" Aeryn asked as she stopped for a second.

"You did." John managed to say through jagged breaths as he lay with his eyes closed letting his wife do her thing.

John thought he was in heaven as Aeryn begun touching and stroking him in places that she knew would throw him into a frenzy. He gasped for air as she crawled on top of him, straddling him and began kissing him once again. John thought he would go crazy if he didn't take her now. Just when he thought it was getting good, Aeryn stopped and rolled off of him. She sat back on the bed, grabbed the remote control from the nightstand and turned on the TV.

John laid there for a minute wondering what was going on. "Aeryn honey, why'd you stop?" He asked with a look of confusion on his face.

"The X-Files is on. I just love that Mulder. Scully wouldn't make a bad Peacekeeper. She's pretty strong for a human female." Aeryn said picking up her beer and taking a long gulp.

"Huh?" Was all that John could say. He leaned up on his elbows while looking at Aeryn. He turned to the TV and then back at Aeryn. "Uh honey?"

"Come on John, move. I'm trying to watch TV." Aeryn said ignoring John.John fell back on the bed and stared at the ceiling for a few more minutes before getting up. He walked towards the bathroom.

"John where are you going? I'm sure there's another football game on." Said Aeryn giving her husband her most innocent look. John just stared at her. A mixture and confusion and defeat on his face.

"I'm going to take a shower. A very long, cold shower." He said as he walked into the bathroom. "FEEL FREE TO JOIN ME!" He yelled through the door.

Aeryn heard the water come on and she began to laugh hysterically. "That'll teach him not to mess around with the emotions of a sebacean woman." She said to herself.

After a few minutes Aeryn began to feel bad about what she had done. She turned off the TV and went into the bathroom where she could see the silhouette of John's body through the shower's glass door. He was facing the other direction so he didn't see her come in. His hands were on the wall in front of him and he had his head down to let the water flow through his hair and down his back. ?I could look at his body all day? She thought to herself. She let her nightgown fall to the floor around her ankles and stepped out of it. She slid the glass door open startling John who almost slipped as he turned around.

"Dammit Aeryn, don't sneak up on me like that." John said panting and holding his chest as if he were having a heart attack.

"I'm sorry." She said taking the soap out of the dish. "Turn around." She said as she took him by the arm and helped him. He looked at her questioningly but did as she said. She began rubbing the soap in her hands and smoothing it across his back. He put his hands back up on the wall and let her wash his back enjoying the feathery feel of her hands. She reached up and turned the showerhead to rinse the soap off his back. She then wrapped her arms around his waist and kissed his back at the same time caressing his chest. "I'm sorry for everything today." She whispered.

"For what?" He asked as he turned around to face her. "I hurt you today Aeryn. There's no reason for you to apologize to me. I'm the one who should apologize." He said brushing her wet hair from her face. He kissed her on the forehead and ran kisses from her forehead to her nose and finally reaching her lips. They stood in the shower just holding each other for several minutes.

"John?" Aeryn said as John began kissing her neck just how he knew she liked.

"Mmm?" Is all he could say.

"It feels like rain." She said and he stopped kissing her to look into her sapphire eyes.

"Yeah, I guess it does." He said as he gave her little pecks on her lips.

"I?we?umm. We never made love in the rain." Said Aeryn lightly caressing his face.

"You know something, you're right. We've always made love when it was raining but never in the rain." He smiled down at his beautiful wife.

"Well, there's always a first time for everything." Aeryn started kissing him again. "John make love to me. Right here, right now."

"How can I say no." John replied as he hugged Aeryn tighter into him so he could feel every curve of her body. They began kissing again. It was no holds barred as they delighted to each other's touch. Then John broke the kiss and he pulled back. "Hey Aeryn, is this something we have to remember for next year?" He asked smiling at her.

"You better if you know what's good for you." Is all she said as they began kissing again. The only sounds that were heard were the sounds of lovers singing in the rain.

 

The End

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Lady T.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.