Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
881
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
5
Hits:
1,418

A Walk in the Park

Summary:

Fandom:MFU
Rating: PG(some implied pain)
Summery: The guys take a walk in the park on a much needed day off .
Disclaimer: Just borrowing them, They needed some fresh air :).
Permission to post in the archives.
Exercise # 4
Submitted through the CreativeWriting_101 mailing list.

Work Text:

A Walk in the Park
by Susan F

The room was stark white. At least the part of the room Illya could make out through the drugged haze he found himself in. sounds of people could be heard, doors opening, closing.The cold air from the air conditoning sent a chill thorough him. He could see that a white sheet was across him.

A slight shudder filled him as he saw the table that contained ominous looking instruments.

He knew all too well that he was in for it. Thrush was not known for treating prisoners with kindness.

His mind was foggy. "How did I get here?, how long have I been here?".

He searched his mind, thinking back to his last memory before waking up in what seemed to be a interrogation room.

The last thing he had remembered was spending a quiet afternoon with Napoleon in the local park. kites flew above thier heads,mothers pushed thir infants in strollers, Joggers went by.The sun was shining, birds were singing,the sky was as blue as his eyes,or so Napoleon had noted as they walked towards the food cart that was wheeling past the assorted people.Illya had not felt that relaxed in months. Several long assignments had taken thier toll on the pair of agents.it was nice to have at least one day to be amongst regular people doing ordinary things instead of saving the world for a change.

After a few hours, the pair found themselves becoming a bit hungry.Napoleon had by-passed the several hot dog and ice cream carts that passed them by,holding out for a more substantial meal once they would leave the park, but the sights and smells throughout the park filled Illyas senses and he didn't think he could hold out until they left the park. Illya spotted a cart heading thier way. He headed for it and then all he could remember was a sudden sharp pain,he slightly recalled crying out and then......he woke up here, wherever here was...

All he could remember was pain, alot of it.did Thrush get him right there? right in the open in front of Napoleon? and where was Napoleon? had they gotten him too? was he being held in a similar room nearby?

Suddenly he saw a door open in the small room he was being kept in. Two figures approached. one looked down at him, a white surgical mask covered his mouth and nose.."He appears to be ready" the voice said to the other in the room.

Fear gripped Illya. Ready for what? As many times as he went through these things, it never got any easier.. He wondered if he would survive at all.....

The other figure adjusted the knobs on something and slowly she came down towards his face with a mask of some kind..

Illya struggled against it but after a moment or two he found the strength leaving him and felt his body floating.. floating ......

.........................................

"He is coming around" he heard the voice say from a distance it seemed.

opening his eyes, the lights seemed extra bright. He was lying on a cot in what appeared to be a different room then he started in .soft music seemed to be playing."Elevator Music" he thought suddenly amused. remembering how Napoleon had described that to him the first time he heard it played in a supermarket.The the relazation hit him. whatever they had done to him was over. but where was Napoleon?

He tried to cry out but it hurt to move his face, which seemed to be very swollen.

His jaw hurt, his head hurt, he had cotten in the sides of his mouth..

"What have they done to me? He thought. Fear gripping him once more.

Just then he felt strong arms on his shoulders."Illya, you feeling better now?"

Napoleon!! it was Napoleon, he was alive! and had rescued him.

Illya tried to sit up but was gently pushed down ."Hey, take it easy, you been through alot".

"What? he attempted to say but it came out muffled.

Collecting himself he tried again."Wha, what happened?" He was finally able to get out around the wad of cotten. Feeling somewhat like a scene out of a Godfather movie.

It was then that he noticed the grin on Napoleons face.

"You dont remember?"

Illya shook his head, the cobwebs not clearing away as quickly as he would have liked.

"We were leaving the park when you spotted a cart containing bags of peanuts. you went over, bought a bag, took one out and bit into it, managing to crack a tooth pretty badly in the process. You were in a lot of pain so I rushed you back here to headquarters.They had to put you out to repair the tooth and while under they took out two wisdom teeth.".

Hand gingerly feeling his jaw, the memory returned..

Illya tried to smile. This was at least one time the pain was not brought on by the bad guys..

"Remind me not to take you to the Circus", Napoleon said as Illya fell back asleep starting to dream of Tigers and Clowns.

The End