Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
450
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
5
Hits:
906

CSI Central

Summary:

Short paragraphs comparing the CSI leads & their loves during time away from the office and a location shared by all 3 pairs!

Work Text:

Two representatives from the CSI Crime Lab in Las Vegas were meant to be attending this conference, so Gil didn’t really feel guilty that he had been brave enough to take Sara with him. Brave because he still wasn’t used to being so exposed – He was paranoid, still, slightly, about what it meant if the world could see he was in love… But he loved Sara enough to not let that stop him from trying to treat her right. They hadn’t been together very long when they went to the conference in Boston.

Mac Taylor had asked Stella to accompany him to the conference in Boston. After all, it had been requested that two of the NY : CSI department attend. He caught himself looking at her again. He’d always known he did – Just look at her, that is, and be thankful that she was around…. And he knew that it was important to let people know how you felt about them while they were still around to be told. So, eventually, he had told Stella… And had been lucky enough that she wanted to try a relationship with him as much as he did with her. Until recently though, Mac hadn’t said anything because he hadn’t wanted to know what his feelings meant, and, until recently, they weren’t at all complete. He loved Clare. Of course he did… But he was now in love with Stella, and wanted to spend every minute he could with her – So, this conference was perfect for them.

Horatio Caine hadn’t been in love in a very long time… Not the kind of in love that was shared. Then, there had been Marisol. And now… Well, there was another hole in his heart. And, since coming back from Brazil, Horatio was just trying to live with that hole being a part of him now… And again, he found himself with Yelina… This time, here, in the hotel where the Boston conference was being held… Sometimes, he looked at her, and wished he wasn’t letting her see the pain in his eyes. The pain she had felt, too, when Ray had been killed. And yet, she was here… Yelina and he were here – Like they always seemed to be somehow. It was because she knew his grief that he didn’t want it to be so obvious, and yet because she knew his kind of grief, he had asked her to be here… There was no one else he felt this comfortable with – Because he and Yelina had both been through so much, and, they always kept it together by being together.

The End..?
8.9.06