Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
512
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
9
Hits:
869

Pizza Comfort

Summary:

Permission to archive: Yes
Fandom: The Sentinel
Genre: Gen
Pairing/Characters: Jim Ellison, Blair Sandburg
Rating: FRT
Summary: Jim and Blair have lunch at their usual place.
Warnings: Small reference to the episode 'Blind Man's Bluff'
Notes: I do not own The Sentinel or any of the characters. This is written for entertainment purposes only. Thanks to Peja for starting this.
Submitted through the CreativeWriting_101 mailing list.

Work Text:

Pizza Comfort
by Debbie

Blair arrived at the pizza parlor before Jim. He went ahead and placed the order so it would be ready when Jim arrived. As Blair went to *their* table, he looked around the place. He could understand why Jim liked it here.

The place, both on the inside and the outside, was inviting and aesthetically pleasing. Blair could tell that care and thought had gone into the planning of the colors and blending of wall decorations and even in the use of wood flooring and the tables and chairs. He knew it was probably pleasing to Jim's enhanced vision to have something that was subtle and didn't jar his sight, as did some of the other restaurants in town with their loud colors and fixtures.

Added on to that, the pizza parlor was a haven of enticing smells. From the pizza, to the bread they baked, to the various ingredients used on pizzas, sandwiches and soup and other mouth-watering delectables sold in the place. Whenever it was Jim's turn to pick the restaurant for lunch, he always chose here.

The first time Jim had suggested the pizza parlor, Blair had gone white as a sheet and practically hyperventilated. It wasn't until Jim realized where he wanted to eat that the connection was made. It had only been a short time since Blair had inadvertently ate the Golden-laced pizza that had been delivered to the police station.

Blair had quickly recovered his shock. "Hey, it's okay, man. I don't have to eat pizza."

"No, we can go somewhere else, Chief. I didn't mean to -"

"It's okay, Jim. So, how did you find this place?"

"It was on a recommendation from Spencer in Robbery. We had gone to the academy together."

The moment Blair walked into the place the first time he knew why Jim loved the place. It was like a balm to Jim's senses, a safe place for him to be. There were so few safe places in a hectic, frantic city like Cascade. So, Blair had learned to tolerate the place and it had grown into loving the place. He even had resumed eating pizza.

Just as the waitress was bringing the pizza to *their* table, Jim walked inside the restaurant. Blair looked up and waved. He noticed Jim's nostrils flaring, inhaling the various smells of the place. Jim made his way over to the table and sat down.

"I got us the usual. Ham, pepperoni and sausage on your half and mushrooms, peppers and extra cheese on my half."

"Yeah, and you'll eat mine and I'll eat yours."

Blair shrugged. "I thought I'd treat you to a piece of tiramisu for dessert."

Jim laughed. "You're letting me have tiramisu for dessert?"

"Half a piece. We're sharing a serving."

"Better than none."

They started eating their pizza. Both of them telling the other about their morning.

end