Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Categories:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 14 of Learning, Leather, and Love
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
770
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
19
Hits:
1,845

Resurge Commercial--Sports Bullies

Summary:

Another commercial for the product introduced in my Learning, Leather, and Love Series

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Learning, Leather, and Love: Resurge Commercial--Sports Bullies
by Scribe

(High shot, looking down on a beautiful green urban park) (Camera moves in as Narrator speaks)

Narrator: "They're everywhere that sports are played. The jocks. The 'cool kids'."

(We follow five couples--humans and dogs. Man and Doberman. Man and Pit Bull. Man and German Shephard. Man and Bull Dog. Woman and Golden Retriever.) (All the humans are dressed in modified sports uniforms--baggy shorts and tank tops, expensive athletic shoes) (They are playing Frisbee with the dogs)

Narrator: "Sure, they're good. And they know it."

(Montage of the people throwing Frisbees, and the dogs leaping and catching them) (They never miss, not even the Bull Dog, though his owner throws low for him) (The entire group, canine and human, exudes smugness and self contratulation)

Narrator: "And they never let anyone else forget it."

(One lonely, scruffy little mutt is sitting on the sidelines) (One of the dogs walks by, probably the Doberman) (Pauses in front of mutt, glances down at him, snorts, walks off) (Mutt hangs his head)

(Owners and dogs are lined up together--owners in back, dogs in front) (BOY, do they look obnoxiously arrogant)

Narrator: "But it's the nature of the beast that every top dog eventually gets challenged."

(Camera is positioned across the green from the original group) (Another group starts to walk toward them, coming from behind the camera) (You see them only from the back) (Four women, one man, with the man in the middle. Wow, he's big. Built like a linebacker. You get the impression that this is the coach, or the inspiration that's leading them to victory) ('Underdog' music is playing. You know what I mean, the music they play when the under rated team is marching out to face overwhelming odds) (They all have Frisbees fixed in back, hanging on their belts, bumping their butts)

(Medium shot on original group, watching the others come. Their expressions are neutral) (Shot from behind second group. It looks like they all have their arms crossed in defiance)

(Camera does a quick swing around, coming up to shoulder level) (Camera moves down the line slowly, focusing on each person. They look grimly determined.) (One of the women is wearing black rimmed harlequin glasses. One of them is a teenager wearing WAY too much make up and chewing gum)

(Camera pulls back to show them from the waist up) (They aren't just standing with their arms crossed--they're all holding cats. Except the man--he's holding a miniature Chihuahua. It's trembling) (Cut back to the first group. They ALL look amused, dogs and humans. You know how dogs can look like they're grinning) (Some laugh--we don't hear it, just see it--and point)

(Back to second group. As one they bend and put their pets on the ground. When they stand back up the camera remains fixed on the pets) (Camera cuts back to line of dogs. They look like they're laughing) (Cut to line of second group. Cats have their ears back and are lashing their tails) (Camera cuts back to second group. They're standing at attention. One after the other, in a wave, each owner whips the Frisbee from behind their back and holds it ready) (Close up of Golden Retriever, looking amused) (Close up of Chihuahua. He squints, then bares his teeth and growls shrilly) (Cut to Retriever, looking startled, with maybe a little yip thrown in).

Narrator: "Fight the odds. Challenge the champions. Perhaps you won't wipe them out the first time..."

(All the people in the second group throw their Frisbees) (Slow motion montage of the cats running, leaping, flying for the Frisbees, paws outstretched)(One cat flys past his Frisbee)

Narrator: "Not everyone will succeed."

(Another cat is bonked on the head by the Frisbee)

Narrator: "And it may be a little painful.)

(Two of the cats are shown laying on the ground, paws wrapped around the Frisbees).

Narrator: "But some of you will make gains, and some of you..." (Pause while music swells)

(Quick cut. One cat and the Chihuahua are sitting there with Frisbees in their mouths)

Narrator: "Some of you will TRIUMPH!"

(Cut to line of first group, looking stunned. The Bull Dog keels over in a faint)

(The second group scoops up their pets, the Chihuahua still keeping the Frisbee in his teeth as the man lifts him over his head, and they all march away to the strains of 'We Are the Champions')

Narrator: (As the picture fades out) "Resurge--because there's a champion in all of us."

(Logo appears on screen)

END

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Scribe.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.

Series this work belongs to: