Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Characters:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
397
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
17
Hits:
924

Over The Top

Summary:

Blair walked into the bathroom and stared at an angry Jim before him

Work Text:

Over The Top
by Patt

"Chief, you wanna come in here for a moment?"

Blair walked into the bathroom and stared at an angry Jim before him. "What's up, man?"

"Look around and see if you can spot the house rule #30 that you're not following."

"Come on, man. You give them numbers?"

"I keep a list, Sandburg, now which one do you think it is?"

Blair looked around and then looked around again. "Well, there are no wet towels on the floor or in the shower, so that can't be it. I didn't use your robe, so that can't be it either. I give, what is it?"

"I can't believe you don't notice it right off. It's right in front of your nose."

"Jim, you're right in front of my nose, nothing else." Blair smiled at his roommate and tried not to laugh.

"Look over to the right and on the wall. What do you see?"

Blair looked and looked again and said, "The only thing on the wall right there is the toilet paper holder. What's wrong with it?"

"What's wrong with it? I can't believe you don't listen to me when I make these rules. The toilet paper goes over the top, not under the bottom. It doesn't look as neat this way. Now change it." Jim stood back, arms folded and waited for Blair to do what he asked.

Blair burst out laughing and changed the toilet paper on the roll. "Man, you're over the top, so I understand why you want the paper there too."

"Very funny, Sandburg. Don't you think it looks better now?"

"Oh yeah, it changed the look of the whole room. Now do you mind if I get back to the paperwork I was doing? I mean the other kind of paperwork." Blair laughed all the way back to the kitchen table and had to get a tissue to wipe his eyes.

"Some day you're going to appreciate knowing the right way to put toilet paper on the holder. So laugh all you want, but I'll get the last laugh."

"You are the last laugh. Geeze Jim, get a grip."

Jim went upstairs to find some other rule that had been broken when Blair called out, "Is there anything put upside down up there?" His laughter was all Jim could hear for a good long time.

The end.