Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
328
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
18
Hits:
1,113

Thinking Of You

Summary:

Rated: G
Pairing: None
Archive: yes
Content Warning: Sad, but beautiful.
COPYRIGHT Oct. 1999, BY: Cindi Martin
THIS STORY IS WRITTEN FOR PLEASURE AND IS NOT INTENDED TO INFRINGE ON ANY PREEXISTING COPYRIGHTS THAT MAY BE VIOLATED. FEEL FREE TO SHARE WITH FRIENDS, BUT NOT FOR PROFIT.
THIS STORY IS FICTIONAL, A WORK OF THE WRITER'S IMAGINATION. THE CHARACTERS AND INCIDENTS USED IN THIS STORY ARE PURELY FICTIONAL AND ARE NOT BASED ON ANY PERSON AND/OR PERSON'S ACTUAL EXPERIENCES.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Thinking Of You
By Cindi Martin

It was a cool crisp day, nice day for a visit he thought.

God, how I miss them, he glanced over at the two children sitting quietly in the seat beside him.

As they got out of the car the little girl reached up and took his hand and looked sadly up at him, I really miss them she said. The little boy walked a few steps behind with his head down.

He knelt in front of the gravestones and placed the flowers in the vase in front of them.

He brushed his hand across the front of the stone, it only seems like yesterday when we first met, and I became part of the family.

I'm doing my best with the kids, you should see them they have really grown, Jennie seems to be dealing with everything, OK. But Chris still has a hard time accepting it, he's had some problems in school ,but I know eventually he'll work things out in his own way, he's so much like you.

Well Roy, Joanne we have to go, God I miss you guys, I sometimes find my self talking outloud to you even though your not., there, I sometimes think if I turn around you'll be there. Johnny rose and taking both kids hands walked quietly back to the car.

A light mist had started to fall, two figures could faintly be seen standing under an old oak, Roy smiled and slipped his arm around Joanne. I know Junior, your doing a great job with the kids and your right they have grown and don't worry about Chris, he'll be OK. I'm here anytime you need to talk.

Johnny turned before getting in the car and thought he could faintly make out two figures in the mist he shook his head, but something made him smile and he raised his hand before getting in the car. Be seeing you guys.

The End

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Cindi Martin.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.