Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Completed:
2006-08-29
Words:
15,159
Chapters:
3/3
Kudos:
14
Hits:
1,494

Earth 2 Role Playing Game

Summary:

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Hello all, This is from my Earth2 Role Playing Game on onelist.com. This is the story so far. Above each post is the member's name who posted it and there character should be just beneath that. I hope it is easy to follow and I will be posting more as it comes along. Feel free to join us as well, if you like. I'd love to have a few more players. You can also tell what characters are left from the posts. Which ever ones are not in the story are pretty much up for grabs. I hope you enjoy it - feed back is more than welcome! :-)

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Chapter 1: Page 1

Chapter Text

Earth 2 Role Playing Game 1
by Various authors

From: Tatanka90@aol.com

YALE to Danziger: It seems like a good time to get this project underway to me. The others will catch up, or will remain safely behind the scenes, with us. I will of course be with Devon to care for Uly, he is safe and sound. Do you agree to move us out with a narrative, Devon?

From: DanzigerE2@aol.com

Danziger: Now remember Yale, we should be patient with her, seeing as she just recovered from her still mysterious illness. Let's just be thankful Julia found a cure.

From: Ann Brill White

Devon: I'm Devon Adair, founder of Eden Project. I'm the CEO of a major space station design firm, which I inherited from my father. I was very close to my father, even though he was very strict. My mother died when I was 18, but I was pretty much raised by my Yale tutor. I have a son, Ulysses, who is nine years old. Uly was diagnosed shortly after his birth with a mysterious illness called "The Syndrome." Ever since then I've devoted all my vast resources toward finding a way to save him. I believed that our best option would be to live on a planet like Earth, that would build up his damaged immune system. So, I formed the Eden Project, and here we are on G889.

I like to have things my own way. I'm a manager, it comes with the job description. I'm working on NOT taking charge of a situation whenever it arises, especially with John Danziger around. Some people might call me bossy, or even a bitch. However, I choose to think that I'm assertive.

From: mandy@funkyvibes.demon.nl

Morgan: Well Devon, I for one am sure glad that you are back. And please *do* take over from that man Danziger. *You* may be bossy sometimes, but *he* has no sense whatsoever of proper procedures or how things should be done around here! And of course he does not take kindly to my advice on matters. I still cannot believe you left him in command of this group over me though! But I like to think your mysterious illness clouded your judgment somewhat.

From: Ann Brill White

Devon: "Why, thank you, Morgan. It's nice to know that some things didn't change while I was ill."

From: DanzigerE2@aol.com

Morgan said: but *he* has no sense whatsoever of proper procedures or how things should be done around here! And of course he does not take kindly to my advice on matters.

Danziger: Now Morgan, you know that's not true. If we had gone by what I thought was "proper procedures" I would have taken you by that pony tail and hung you from a tree. Your just lucky your wife is a fast talker.

From: Amanda

Morgan: Bess...? Bess...! Where are you?

................

Oh, there you are. See? See? He's threatening me again. I *told* you he does not like me. What did I ever do to that man? Here I am, trying my best to keep this group at least a resemblance of a proper project (pretty hard to do, since crashing is NOT proper!) and all he does is keep picking on me. Can't you go talk to him or something?

From: Janice Thele

Bess: I'm right here sweetcheeks. Don't worry, your Bess is right here.

You know they just don't appreciate your brilliance. Just ignore them and go back to sleep. And don't snore!

From: Eeylish@aol.com

'Lonz: Maybe if you'd stop whining long enough to hold a decent conversation people wouldn't threaten you with harm. Did ya ever think of that Morgan? Huh? Didya?

From: Janice Thele

Bess: Back off Alonzo, You may be cute, but, you're not that cute. You just don't have the hair. If you're not nice to my sweetcheeks I'll have to geolock you.

From: Eeylish@aol.com

'Lonz: I can grow my hair out if you'd like Bess.

From: Janice Thele

Bess: I'd like it but I'm afraid Morgan wouldn't. Believe it or not, he can get physical when pushed far enough. Now, now, sweetcheeks, you know you're the only man for me so I wouldn't have actually married you in that ancient ceremony.

From: "J.W Bosch"

Julia: Stay away from my fly boy or I'll tie you to a tree with your sweetcheeks.

From DanzigerE2@aol.com:>

Danziger: "Now kids, don't fight. But if you feel you must tie him to a tree, you have by backing."

From: tatanka90@aol.com

YALE: Everything is in place for the startup Devon. Uly is ready as am I. The gear and vehicles are loaded, I believe we are ready to move this journey along. Have you decided on a direction and address to the Project yet? I am at your service as always.

From: tatanka90@aol.com

Yale to Al: Welcome back my friend. Good to have you along. Preparations are under way for The Journey. Your expertise and companionship are welcome. YALE

From: tatanka90@aol.com

Dr. Heller, Preparations are complete at this end for The Journey. I trust you have completed the examinations and tests on the Project people. Please inform me of the Bio-Stats so I can keep Devon informed........YALE

From: DanzigerE2@aol.com

Danziger: "Yes, that's right Yale. The vehicles are ready, but because they haven't been run for any long period of time lately, I don't want to push them too hard. Maybe we should do a test run, you know, to warm them up first. We could scout out the next few miles while were at it. I'll take the rail, anyone want to come along?"

From: Eeylish@aol.com

'Lonz: Right behind ya chief!

From: DanzigerE2@aol.com

Danziger: "Great. Anyone else want to come along? True, you stay here with Yale and keep out of trouble. Now come give daddy a hug."

From: Tatanka90@aol.com

YALE to Danziger: "Go John, I'll take good care of her for you."

From: Hven1587@aol.com

True: "But Dad, I want to come too! There's nothing to do here."

From: DanzigerE2@aol.com

Danziger: "Now baby, you know it's too dangerous for you to go scouting with us. Stay here and play with Uly."

To Yale: "Keep an eye on her for me, will ya? Thanks, I know you always do. Where is Morgan anyway? Playing in VR no doubt, he is worse than the kids. I think he should be going with me and Al as well. He hasn't done anything for the group lately. Well, except whine about everything."

From: Hven1587@aol.com

True: "I never get to do anything fun."
To Uly: "Come on Uly, let's go see what Morgan is doing."

From: Tatanka90@aol.com

YALE: "True and Uly have my undivided attention while you're away, John. Be careful."

To True and Uly: "True, Uly........stay within the camp. If you cant find Morgan, come back."

From: Janice Thele

Bess: If you don't mind I'd like to ride along with you. Morgan is in a bad mood this morning and I'd like to get away from him for a while.

From: DanzigerE2@aol.com

Danziger: "Sounds good to me. I didn't really feel like putting up with Martin anyway. Now, we have one more space left if we have any takers. You go get us some water to take with us and we'll be set to go."

From: Hven1587@aol.com

True: "Hey Morgan, can we play with the VR?"

From: Amanda

Morgan: No. Play with your own stuff.

From: Hven1587@aol.com

True: "Fine I don't want to play with your stupid VR thing anyway! I'd like to see you keep up with my Dad, cause he is the BEST!"

From: Janice Thele

Bess: I told you Morgan's in a really bad mood this morning. I took his VR gear away from him. I'm sick of him doing nothing around here but play in VR. I told him to pack up our stuff and get moving. It'll do him good to walk today. Anyway, that's why I thought I'd ride with you two today.

From: Hven1587@aol.com

True: "Yale, now what do we do? See I told you there was nothing to do. Grownups are so boring!"

From: Amanda

Morgan: I am not *playing* in VR. I am practicing my skills.

What is it with you people anyway? Nobody ever listens to a word I say, you tell me to shut up, you threaten to tie me to a tree and now you accuse me of not pulling my weight! I'll go with you, nobody can say that Morgan Martin does not put in his share...

[Stomping towards Rail...]

Bess, you were right. These people do not appreciate me. But I'll show them. I'll be on a scout with that two-bit flyboy and that Danziger character.

[Looking at a loss at seeing Bess preparing to go with Alonzo and Danz]

Oh...

From: DanzigerE2@aol.com

Danziger: "Alright, as long as it is alright with Bess."

To Al: "You, me, Bess and Morgan, this should be a great trip. Looks like we're ready to go."

From: Janice Thele

Bess: "Morgan, get back in there and pack up our stuff. I'm tired of doing all of the work while you 'horn your skills'. This time you're going to do the work and I'm going to go out and have the fun."

From: DanzigerE2@aol.com

Danziger: "You tell him Bess. Ha ha."

To Al: "I have often wondered what a woman like Bess is doing with that weasel? There much be something I'm not seeing here."

From: Eeylish@aol.com

Lonz: I've asked myself that a thousand times.

From: Janice Thele

Bess -- "OK Morgan, you can go but only if you have everything packed up and ready to go when we come back and get ready to move. And John - I don't call him Morgan the Magnificent for nothing."

From: DanzigerE2@aol.com

Danziger: "Oh dear G-d. On that note - let's go. I'm driving."

From: Eeylish@aol.com

"Lonz: (eyes sparkling as he climbs into the rail) "Hey, Morgan, you ever been snipe hunting before?"

From: Amanda

Morgan: Huh, I don't even *want* to go with you anymore. Listen to Danziger threaten me all the way, watch that stupid grin on fly boy's face and you giving me the cold shoulder? No ma'am, thank you very much.

(Muttering to self): I'm sure I can find something else to do while there away. Like checking out that weird looking rock formation on the hill. Maybe it is something useful. It is about time this trip started to pay off anyway...[leaving camp]

From: Janice Thele

Bess yells at the back of the retreating Morgan, "Fine, stay here. Just make sure all that stuff is packed up and ready by the time we get back."

Forget him guys, he's having a snit. Let's just go on without him."

From: Eeylish@aol.com

'Lonz: "Julia can come in his place."

From: DanzigerE2@aol.com

Danziger: "Alright then, tell her to come on."

From: Hven1587@aol.com

True: "Yale, when is my Dad and the others coming back? Is it ok if I go take a short walk around base?"

From: Tatanka90@aol.com

YALE: "I'm sorry True, I was concentrating on something here. Yes, of course you can take a walk. See what Uly's up to also please. Has the scouting trip left yet? I have something for them to take along.

From: Hven1587@aol.com

True: "Yale I can't find Uly so I am going by myself. Don't know if the scouting party has left yet. I won't go near Morgan and my Dad is busy helping Bess. I won't be gone long."

True to herself: Why doesn't anyone let me do what I want to do? We have to study with Yale watching or we have to pack and move AGAIN. Why doesn't anything exciting happen here???

From: DanzigerE2@aol.com

Danziger: ::walking up to the rail:: "As soon as I talk to Yale, we can head out. He is around here somewhere. Just the four of us I see? That could be a good thing. Hey Bess, what is up between you and Morgan anyway? Now I know it's really none of my business, but you two have been fighting a lot lately. Well, don't worry too much about it - we are all anxious and ready to leave this place, we have been here too long."

From: Janice Thele

Bess: Thanks for caring John. Maybe we can talk some on our scouting trip. You go talk to Yale and I'll wait for you here. Then we can get going.

From: DanzigerE2@aol.com

Danziger: "Yale, you just caught me on my way out. What's that you got there?"

From: Tatanka90@aol.com

(YALE) : John! There you are. Please take this with you and set it on a high place. I cant go into it now, you're ready to go. But briefly, it is a sensor unit that may be of great importance to our accomplishing our goal of reaching New Pacifica. Thank you and good luck. When can we expect you all back?"

From: DanzigerE2@aol.com

Danziger: "No problem. I assure you we'll be back before night fall. I want to get a good look at the land around here and the best possible why to head out of this place tomorrow. Is Devon feeling alright to go? Tell her to take it easy today, will ya? I know she won't listen, but tell her anyway. Alright Al, Bess, and Julia, let's go."

From: Hven1587@aol.com

True: (walking behind the camp and thinking thoughts) I wish my Dad would spend time with me. He doesn't really anymore, since Devon got better. I wish we could go somewhere or at least let me come on a scouting trip. I know I can help out and it is boring playing with Uly, sometimes. I really want a pet; maybe I can find a nice Kobe to play with?

From: DanzigerE2@aol.com

Danziger: "Julia, you'll be joining us today on our scout? Al, Bess, and I are ready to go when you are."

From: "J.W Bosch"

Julia: "Yes of course, I'm always in for a new scouting trip. And then I can keep an eye on Al."

From: DanzigerE2@aol.com

Danziger: "Then we're heading out. Al and Bess are ready to go. I think we will head north. The land seems less difficult for traveling that way, any objections? ::not waiting for an answer:: Thought not."

From: "J.W Bosch"

Julia: "That's a good direction. Can we stop every once in a while? I need to check the vegetation for new food supplies. 'Lonz, wait for me!"

From: DanzigerE2@aol.com

Danziger: "Of course, but not for too long, I want to cover as much land as possible and be back before night fall. Sound good? "

From: "J.W Bosch"

Julia: "Yeah, got to catch up on some sleep. Remind me that Alonzo is sleeping in his own tent tonight."

From: "J.W Bosch"

Julia: "Yale, are you here? Oh there you are. Here are the Bio-Stats and this is Devons latest bloodtest and the spinal fluid. I'm going on a scout and we should be back before dark. Keep an eye on Devon ok, I don't want her moving too much. I still don't know what caused her illness."

From: Tatanka90@aol.com

YALE: "I will look after Devon as always. I agree, she should be watched closely for a while. I'll run the numbers on these for you now. Remind John about my project he took with him. Bye Julia.

From: Janice Thele

Bess to John: "Don't forget the equipment Yale gave you to install on a high hill somewhere along our travels."

Bess to Julia: 'What's the matter, does Mister-I'm-God's-Gift-to-Women here snore or steal the covers?"

From: DanzigerE2@aol.com

Danziger: "Thanks for the reminder. Let's go." ::we leave::

From: "J.W Bosch"

Julia to Bess: "He's not Morgan, so he doesn't wake up the entire camp with his snoring. He just does some other annoying things at night. Isn't that right Alonzo?"

From: Eeylish@aol.com

'Lonz: "Hey Julia what did I do to deserve sleeping alone tonight?"

From: Leontien

Jul: "Try pushing me out of bed when you dream. I'm sorry if the bed is too small, but I'm not planning on sleeping on the ground, Solace. And you're keeping me up too."

From: Eeylish@aol.com

'Lonz: "What, who me? I'm an angel. (to Danziger) So what are we looking for on today's scout mission?"

From: Leontien

Jul: ::cutting off Danziger as he begins to answer:: "Ha, you an angel? Well, you certainly did drop out of the sky. And you'll be looking at the plants today and you won't be looking at other women that's for sure, because I'll knock you a blue eye and I won't treat it."

To Danz: "Are we going or not? Oh we're already going. DANZIGER WAIT FOR ME! And forget the angel."

From: DanzigerE2@aol.com

Danziger: "We need to find the easiest way out of this place. Because of Devon's illness it was impossible to move, but now that she is well I think we should head for New Pacifica. I just want to make sure we have the easiest traveling route mapped out. I want to make life a little easier on Devon, considering ... well, you know ... her illness. It's still unknown what caused it and all we can do is hope it doesn't return."

From: Leontien

Julia: "Hey Danz stop the the rail, I saw some plants there."

From: DanzigerE2@aol.com

Danziger: "Sure thing. What exactly are you looking for? Do you think some plants around here could be cures, you know, like some are on Earth? We all know you find things like that in the unlikeliest places - like Grendler drool."

From: Leontien

Julia: "I wonder, why was that Grendler attracted to Morgan? Maybe it looked like him. Come on 'Lonz, we're gonna take a look at some plants."

Meanwhile:

From: tatanka90@aol.com

"Devon, it's Yale, ARE YOU RESTING? I JUST WANT TO CHECK IN ON YOU. ARE YOU ALRIGHT?"

From: Ann Brill White

Devon: Thanks Yale, I'm fine. How are things going with the scouting party? Have they checked in yet?

As True wonders off:

From: Ann Brill White

A Koba approaches...

"Did somebody call for a Koba? I was down a hole for a few days..."

From: Hven1587@aol.com

True: (Walking along and shuffling her shoes in the dirt) is a little startled when she sees a Koba sitting on the ground. "Hey there little guy, you want a friend? I won't hurt you."

From: Ann Brill White

Koba: (mimics True) "What kind of animal are you? You don't look like a Terrian, or smell like a Grendler."

From: Hven1587@aol.com

True: (reaching down to let the Koba smell her) saying to herself: "I wonder if this Koba is good. It seems sweet enough. Maybe I can hide it here in the bushes and no one will know." "Hey little one, how would like to stay here and be my pet?" "I would be very good to you." To herself: I sure hope it stay....

Back to our scouting troop:

From: Janice Thele

 

Bess to Julia: "You're right, 'Lonzo does do more annoying things than Morgan (smirk, grin),"

From: Eeylish@aol.com

Lonz: (turning around and glaring at the two women in the back seat of the rail) Don't you two have some vegetation to go and check out?

From: DanzigerE2@aol.com

Danziger: "If you two don't stop this I am going to throw both of you out of this rail head first! Now go look at your damn plants!"

From: Janice Thele

Bess to Julia: "Touchy things aren't they? Men, no sense of humor! Let's go look at those plants of yours - they probably have more brains than the two we're traveling with."

From: Leontien

Julia: "Alright, I'm going. And next time Danziger, watch the road. I don't wanna crash again.

To Bess: And he doesn't do annoying things. Isn't that right, 'Lonz? Alonzo can at least fly and understand the Terrians. Tell me, what can Morgan do?? Whine maybe?"

Julia to Bess: "Ok, let's go. Men, who needs them? But mine's got more brains then yours ok?"

From: Janice Thele

Bess to Julia: "Let's face it, neither being a government employee nor being a flyboy is brain surgery. Let's just say we have different tastes when it comes to men. We like our boy toys cute but silent. What exactly are we looking for in the way of plants? I'll help you look and we'll let the guys stand around and gossip and look cute. They need to guard the rail anyway."

From: Leontien

Julia to Bess: "They and guarding the rail? Are you sure they can do that? We're looking for plants that look like you can eat them. Let me know when you see a plant that looks good, so I can scan it."

Julia to Al: 'Lonzo, bring me my bag will ya?

From: DanzigerE2@aol.com

Danziger: (giving Al a mischievous look) "You gonna take that to her after she just insulted you? Make her get it herself. Or are you ever the faithful servant?" ::grins::

From: Eeylish@aol.com

'Lonz: (grabs a mag-pro and heads in the opposite direction of Julia and Bess mumbling to himself) "If I'm going to be spending the night alone I might as well do something to deserve it." (shouts over his shoulder). "Get your own bag Julia, I'm busy right now."

From: Janice Thele

Bess to Julia: "You're right, guarding the rail might be a little bit too tough for them" (she says with a big grin). Bess wanders away from Julia and the rest of the group. She walks until she enters the edge of a forest and is out of sight of the group. She sees some promising plants and calls Julia on the gear. "Bess to Julia, come in."

From: Leontien

Julia: (looks at Alonzo's retreating back) "Oh yeah one joke and fly boy's gone. What about the chromosomes jokes huh??"

(Runs to rail and grabs her bag and runs to Bess)

Julia: "What did you find Bess?? Oh there you are Bess." :straps on dia-glove and starts scanning the plants:: "Hmmm....."

From: Janice Thele >

From: DanzigerE2@aol.com

Danziger: ::still trying to figure out what the hell just happened having never really communicated with a Terrian before, takes the pouch as the Terrian descends into the ground. Looking down at Alonzo who is still a little out of it:: "We have to get to Julia and Bess, come on and get up already." ::Heading back towards the rail and where I'd last seen the two:: "'Lonz, are you coming?" ::In the distance I see Bess and Julia lying on the ground and hurry that way:: "How the heck am I going to...? 'Lonz, where are you already? I need your help!"

From: Eeylish@aol.com

'Lonz:::groggily looking around::: Danziger? Hey, Danziger! Wait up! :::stands up on wobbly legs and slowly follows the mechanic to help his lovely Doc:::

From: Janice Thele

Bess: As Bess fell into the dream scape she 'saw' Julia standing next to her. They were underground, standing in type of tunnel system. The light was dim and seemed to come from various colored crystals embedded in the walls of the tunnels. Julia and her started walking down one of the tunnels towards a brighter light at the end. "Where are we?" Bess asked Julia. Somehow she was able to communicate with her without moving her lips. This isn't right. "Where am I?", Bess asked herself.

From: DanzigerE2@aol.com

Danziger: ::turning on gear:: "Yale, Devon? Are you there? It's John. I have no idea what happened but Julia and Bess are out cold. A Terrian said, well, ah.... you know what I mean, it told me they are in danger and to give them some of this powder but, I...." ::pausing with a great amount of regret having to say this:: "I don't know what..... Well, let me put this way, I'm a mechanic not a doctor. What the heck am I supposed to do?"

Meanwhile back at camp:

From: Hven1587@aol.com

True: (holding the Koba in her arms and gently stroking it's face) "Well now I bet you want something to eat and it just happens I have some leftover breakfast. Would you like some?"

From: Amanda

Morgan: ::still traipsing in the woods around the camp, really upset about the fight with Bess, stumbles across True and the Koba::: "True! What are you doing with that thing? Don't you know those critters are dangerous? Haven't you learned anything about this planet?" ::Turns to Koba:: "Go away! Shoo!!" ::shooing at the animal with his hand::

From: Hven1587@aol.com

True: (is startled when she hears Morgan and whirls around to face him) "Morgan don't do that! They don't like it! I know the Kobas are dangerous but I don't think this one is. Maybe if you were nice, he would he."

True tries to get in front of the Koba to protect it and fight off Morgan's hand.

From: Ann Brill White

The Koba sticks out his tongue and gives Morgan the finger.

From: Hven1587@aol.com

True: (a clearly surprised look on her face and wondering what the Koba is doing) "Morgan go away, I'm not doing anything and you are upsetting him. (True still holding the Koba in her arms) Starting to walk away from Morgan "Morgan why don't you find something to do, and leave me alone."

From: Amanda

:::Morgan stands there, open mouthed by the treatment he received from both the Koba and True. On top of his fight with Bess and her refusal to let him come on the scout, he snaps:::

"Okay, that's it. Who needs all these people anyway? I sure don't. They're crazy and rude, they play around with the alien species on this planet, they're dangerous!! And they must have brainwashed Bess... Ah, my poor Bess... But I'm not gonna take it any longer. I'll find my own way towards New Pacifica!!"

:::He returns to the camp, and takes off in the ATV with squealing tires:::

From: Hven1587@aol.com

True ::Shakes her head at Morgan, sighs to herself and wonders why grown ups act so strange. She looks down adoringly at the Koba in her arms and walks away to a rock to sit down.

CATCH US NEXT TIME AS......