Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warnings:
Category:
Fandoms:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Completed:
2006-09-25
Words:
29,768
Chapters:
10/10
Kudos:
20
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
4,554

Through The Looking Glass

Summary:

The Tok'ra find a crashed death glider on one of their planets. How will what they find affect the residents of Hazzard? Crossover with Stargate SG-1

Chapter 1: one

Chapter Text

Disclaimer: I don't own the Dukes of Hazzard or Stargate SG-1. Not making any money, just cheap thrills.

 

Warnings: Violence, Angst, Character Death, Tissue Warning

 

Rating: FRT

 

A/N: This story will span several years and because of the nature of the story, the two reunion movies will be ignored.

 

History of Stargate SG-1: In 1928 an archelogical team found a strange device on a dig in Giza. The device was a large circular item, two stories in height and weighing several tons. The device consisted of an outer and inner ring, the outer ring was covered in strange symbols. It was obvious that the inner ring was designed to move, but there seemed to be no power source to make the device work. This device was acquired years later by the U.S. Military and placed in a classified, secure location. In 1945, scientist Ernst Little traveled through the device, which had been named the Stargate, after connecting it to a super computer. It was so named because they suscpected that it created a gateway to other planets, when they lost contact with Little, the program was shut down. It was reopened in the 1980's, however they were not able to activitate the device again, until a young scientist by the name of Daniel Jackson was recruited. Dr. Jackson was an archaelogist/linguist who theorized that the great pyramids in Egypt were built by an alien race and used as landing pads for their ships. As a result, he was laughed out of the academic community. His theory brought him to the attention of the woman in charge of the Stargate program; Dr. Catherine Langford. Soon after Dr. Jackson was brought on board, he was able to decipher the symbols on the Stargate, and he then traveled through the gate with a group of Air Force officers led by Colonel Jack O'Neil. Traveling to the planet Abydos, they discovered a group of humans that had been brought to Abydos by an alien race known as the Gou'ld. These aliens are a parsitic race, who inhabit a host body, they can live for centuries through the use of a device known as a sarcophagus. The sarcophagus can heal any injury, up to and including death. They posed as Gods on many planets, including Earth for thousands of years, enslaving the populace. When the humans on Earth, known to the Gou'ld as the Tauri began to rebel, the Gou'ld began to move many of the Tauri to other planets to be used as slaves and hosts for the Gou'ld. The humans of Earth did rebel and overthrew their rulers, driving them from the planet and burying the Stargates, preventing their return. On the planet Abydos, Jackson, O'Neil and their team fight and defeat the Gou'ld known as Ra, freeing the people of Abydos. Dr. Jackson remained behind and married a native woman, Shar`e. Several years later, a group of Gou'ld attacked Earth through the Stargate that was now housed inside Cheyenne Mountain in Colorado. Killing several soldiers and taking others prisoner they returned through the Stargate. Colonel O'Neil returned to Abydos thinking the Gou'ld had come from there, he found out that they had not. However, Dr. Jackson had discovered a map written on the walls of a pyramid, a map containing the addresses for countless Stargates. While Daniel was showing Jack the map, the Gou'ld Apophis attacked through the gate and and captured several Abydonians, including Shar`e and her brother Skara. One of the injured soldiers was able to see the address they gated to before he passed out. He gave this information to Colonel O'Neil, who with a team consisting of Dr. Daniel Jackson, Captain Samantha Carter and Major Charles Kowalski traveled through the gate to the planet Chulak. They are captured and discover that Shar`e has been chosen as a host for the Gou'ld Amunet, her brother Skara is host to the Gou'ld Korel. Apophis orders his first prime, T'ealc to kill the remaining prisoners, but instead he helps Colonel O'Neil to free the prisoners and they escape through the gate to Earth. T'ealc is a slave, his people are known as Jaffa and are used as incubators for infant Gou'lds. The infants replace the immune system of the Jaffa, allowing them to live longer lives. However when the infant is mature enough to take a host the Jaffa will die, unless another infant is placed in a pouch that is cut into their abdomen. T'ealc has come to believe that the Gou'ld are false Gods and hopes, with the help of the Tauri to someday free his people. The U.S. Govt, forms a secret program known as Stargate Command. Teams are formed to explore through the gate, hoping to find allies and technology to help in their fight against the Gou'ld. The premiere team is designated SG-1 and led by Colonel Jack O'Neil. The rest of the team is Captain Samantha Carter, airforce pilot and astrophyscist; Dr. Daniel Jackson as linguist and also searching for his wife Shar`e; and the Jaffa T'ealc. Colonel O'Neil is played by Richard Dean Anderson, 6'2" light brown hair and hazel eyes. Dr. Daniel Jackson is played by Michael Shanks, 6'0", brown hair, blue eyes and wears glasses. Captain Carter is played by Amanda Tapping, 5'9", blond hair and blue eyes. T'ealc is played by Christopher Judge, 6'6", black hair, brown eyes, African-american. General Hammond is played by Don Davis, 6'0", balding, pudgy and with brown eyes. The base doctor is Janet Fraiser a Major in the Air Force she is 5'4", brown hair, hazel eyes. In their travels they have met many other races including the Tok'ra, a group of rebel Gou'ld who only take willing hosts and are fighting to bring about the downfall of the Gou'ld.

 

Summary: When the Tok'ra find a crashed death glider on one of their planets, how will what they discover effect the Stargate program and the residents of Hazzard?

 

Through The Looking Glass
Chapter 1

 

1985

 

Bo and Luke were at the Boar's Nest having a beer, when Rosco came into the bar. "Alright everybody listen up now!" When nobody paid him any attention, Rosco did what he usually did to get their attention, drawing his gun he fired it into the ceiling. Instantly all conversations stopped as the people in the bar turned their attention to the Sheriff. "That's better, now Mrs. Tolliver just reported her little boy Kevin missing. I want every able bodied man out searching for the boy, we'll use the Boar's Nest as a command post. For those who don't know, Kevin is eleven years-old, 5 foot tall with red hair and green eyes. The last time his mother saw him he was wearing blue jeans, a green t-shirt and sneakers. He was playing with his friend David Logan when he went missing, we think the boy just wondered off and got lost, but y'all need to watch out for any suspicious characters too." Rosco gave out the information he had, before assigning the volunteers areas to search.

 

Bo and Luke decided, after a short discussion that it would be best if they split up. Bo would take the General and Luke would use Daisy's jeep so they could each search the area of Bronson's Canyon from opposite ends.

 

Two hours later, Bo had searched through about one-third of Bronson's Canyon, with no luck. Coming upon some familiar caves, Bo smiled at the memory of exploring these same caves as a boy. Thinking that Kevin might have gone into the caves and become lost, Bo headed inside. As he moved deeper into the cave, Bo would occassionally call the boy's name, pausing to listen, hoping to hear an answer. Suddenly he heard a deep rumbling coming from the earth. As the ground beneath his feet began to shake, Bo tried to make his way back to the cave opening. Running towards the opening, Bo desperately dodged the falling stones as the earthquake threatened to collapse the caves around him. Several stones fell directly in front of him. Stumbling back, trying to avoid them, Bo tripped. Hitting his head on the cave floor, Bo shook his head trying to clear it as he began to stand up. He never saw the stone that fell towards him, slamming into his head and bringing darkness to his world.

 

Luke had been searching the canyon, beginning at the opposite end. He, too, was having no luck. Calling Kevin's name again and again, he never received a response. Just as he headed into a cave, the earth began to tremble and shake. Backing out of the cave, Luke found what he hoped would be a safe spot and waited out the earthquake. As he waited for the earth to stop shaking, he prayed that his cousin was able to find a safe place to wait it out as well. Finally the quake ended, and Luke began to run back to the jeep as quickly as he could. Reaching the jeep, he was just in time to hear Rosco calling on the cb and reporting that the Tolliver boy had been found. As the various rescuers checked in, Luke waited. When Rosco called his name, Luke affirmed that he was alright. A second later, he heard Rosco calling for Bo. For several minutes, Luke waited, hoping to hear his cousin answering the call. "Rosco, this here's Luke. Bo and me was checking out Bronson's Canyon when the quake hit. He's at the eastern end of the canyon, I'm gonna head there and see if I can find him. I'd appreciate it, if you could stand-by in case I need help."

 

"10-4 Luke, you let me know as soon as you find him," Rosco replied.

 

Climbing into the jeep, Luke drove up to the road, and traveling along the rim of the canyon, soon reached the other end. Driving the jeep into the canyon, he soon saw the General parked about one-fourth of the way into the canyon. Parking the jeep next to the General, Luke got out and began calling for his cousin. As he called, he searched the ground, looking for any sign of where Bo had gone. Finding some prints, Luke began to follow them, stopping every few feet to call for Bo. His heart nearly stopped when he came to where the tracks ended abruptly. Looking up from the last footprint, Luke stared in horror at the wall of rock where there used to be caves. Realizing he would need help, he ran back to the jeep and called for Rosco.

 

"Rosco, this is Lu...Luke Duke, I think I know where Bo is, but I'm gonna need some help. I followed his tracks to some caves, the caves' have collapsed and I think; I think Bo's inside. Please send some help, please," Luke begged, fighting to keep from becoming hysterical.

 

"Alright Luke, calm down now. I'll, um, I'll get as many men as I can up there to help, along with some digging equipment. You just stay calm, help's on the way," Rosco assured the younger man. Turning away he saw Daisy staring at him with tears in her eyes, "Daisy, don't you worry now, we'll find him."

 

"I...um, need to call Uncle Jesse, have to tell him what's happening. Oh God, please let Bo be okay?" Daisy cried, as she turned away and headed for the payphone.

 

Inside the cave, Bo moaned in pain as awareness returned. Reaching up to his head, he felt something sticky. Pulling his hand away, he shined his flashlight on it, not surprised to see blood. Bo realized that during the earthquake, a falling stone must have hit him in the head. He hoped he hadn't been out too long; he hated to think about how badly his family would have worried about him. Slowly pulling himself to his feet, Bo turned towards the cave entrance, only to find it blocked by several tons of rock. "No! There's got to be another way out, please let there be another way out." Taking a deep breath, Bo turned away from the wall of rock and began to search for another way out. For the next thirty minutes, or at least it felt that long, Bo searched, hoping to find a way to escape. As he moved down another corridor, Bo was surprised to find a cave he'd never seen before. "That's funny, I don't remember this being here. Maybe the earthquake opend it up," Bo mumbled to himself as he stepped inside the small chamber. Looking around he was amazed at what he saw, at one end of the chamber stood a large stone ring, covered in strange markings. Standing a few feet in front of this ring was a stand, also made of stone and covered in the same markings. Moving around the chamber, he saw many strange pieces of jewelry, inset with prescious stones. Leaning up against one wall, there stood an odd looking walking staff, one end of it shaped like a closed flower. Lying near it, on a natural shelf, were serveral items that looked like some type of gun, the like of which Bo had never seen. Just as he was about to leave the chamber, Bo spotted an urn sitting to one side of the doorway. Something about the urn drew his attention. Walking over to it, he picked it up and began to turn it in his hands. Becoming curious in spite of his precarious situation, Bo lifted the lid of the ornate urn, wondering what was inside. Peaking into the container, Bo thought he saw a pair of eyes staring back at him. Before he could process what he was seeing, the earth began to shake again with an aftershock. Taken by surprise Bo dropped the jar. As he tried to stay on his feet, Bo heard the jar break. A second later he felt a blinding pain and then the darkness claimed him.

 

 

Two days later, Jesse and Daisy had accepted the fact that Bo was lost; Luke however, refused to accept his cousin's death. As the people of Hazzrad slowly trickled away from the cave that had become Bo Duke's tomb, many tears were shed for the pain of the Duke family. Finally, the Duke family were the only ones left at the sight of the tragedy; a tragedy made worse by the fact that Kevin Tolliver had never been missing, he had only been hiding from his friend David. Jesse knew the boy hadn't meant for anything like this to happen, but still he wasn't sure he would ever be able to forgive him for what he'd cost them. "Daisy, go on back to the jeep, I'll get Luke." Jesse told his niece, pulling her away from her cousin and giving her a gentle nudge towards the jeep.

 

Jesse stepped up to where Luke still labored, determined to make his way through several tons of rock to his cousin. "Luke, son it's over. You have to accept that Bo's gone and come home with us now," Jesse spoke gently as though speaking to a skitish horse.

 

"No! He's not gone, you can give up on him if you want to, but I ain't gonna let him down. I promised him I'd always be here for him and I'm going to keep that promise," Luke insisted, pulling away from his uncle's grip and going back to the digging.

 

"It ain't like that Luke and you know it. I love your cousin too, I raised that boy from a baby and it's tearing me apart to think of him being dead. But ya got to face the facts Luke, if Bo hadn't been inside the caves, he'd have gotten in touch with us by now. I know you don't want to believe it, and I understand, but there's no way he could've survived this long. Even if he survived the earthquake, it's been two days, whatever air he might have had is gone now."

 

"Leave me alone Uncle Jesse, Bo's in there somewhere and I'm gonna find him. He's alive, I know he is, I'd know if he was.... You go on back to the farm, I'll be there when I find Bo," Luke told him, not seeing the tears in his uncle's eyes as he spoke.

 

Jesse hated to do it, but he knew he was going to have to. Grabbing Luke's arm, Jesse forced the younger man to face him as he pulled him away from the rock pile again. "Lukas K. Duke, you listen to me now! I know you don't want to accept this, but Bo is dead and you have to stop this before you kill yourself. Come home with us son, I can't lose you too, please," Jesse begged, making no effort to stop the tears falling down his cheeks.

 

"I can't, please understand."

 

"No I won't let you do this to yourself. Look at me Luke, now!" Jesse ordered, waiting until Luke looked at him before he continued. "Now none of us want it to be true, but it don't matter what we want, Bo is dead. Say it...Luke, say it."

 

"Bo is...he's...I can't, please Uncle Jesse, don't make me," Luke begged, beginning to shake as the tears flowed.

 

"Say it," Jesse ordered, knowing that Luke had to face the truth, no matter how much it hurt.

 

"Bo is...my cousin, my baby cousin is...de...dead," with the final word, Luke collapsed into his uncle's arms, sobbing as the truth hit him.

 

Jesse held Luke until his sobbing finally began to slow. Helping the younger man to his feet, Jesse gently led him back to the jeep, wondering if his family would survive the loss of their youngest.

 

TBC

 

The muse is hungry and needs reviews, I'll just be over here hiding from the angry mob.