Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
416
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
12
Hits:
1,626

And The Laughing Boy Wept

Summary:

Alison Stratton (played by Diana Barton) called Wiley 'Laughing Boy' in the ep "Abduction" And later he calls himself by the same name, hence the title. This ep deals with blackmarket organ harvesting. It occurred to me that although Wiley gets through the missions with a sarcastic humor, once the Adrenalin dries up, he might well be overwhelmed by quite a different emotion.

Work Text:

And The Laughing Boy Wept
by PEJA


Mission over. The good doctor is dead. The rich client as well. Alison is asking questions she'll never get answers for.

Life. Death. Questions.

They are standard operating procedure. Always there, certain as taxes.

All in a day's work.

But its midnight now. The witching hour. When the angels and the demons change places.

When Wiley lets go of the company facade and his inner soul comes out.

Rio knew from past experience what he would find when Wiley escaped into the steamy island night. It didn't stop him from following his handsome young partner. It was a ritual they played out when the missions got to be too much for the edgy blonde.

He didn't have to follow very far. Wiley had only gone a half dozen paces before he stopped and dropped to his knees. LIfting his face to the silvery moon, Rio could clearly make out the glistening tears that washed over his drawn cheeks.

Rio went to him slowly. When he was in this emotional riptide, Wiley rode a razor-sharp wire. Sometimes, when the turmoil inside his was too powerful, he ran. Sometimes he needed the comfort of human contact. In those moments, he clung to Rio as the tears wracked his muscular body.

This was one of those times.

Rio slid to his knees before the broken man, meeting his brilliant eyes with his arms open. Waiting.

Wiley stared at him a long moment before a anguished groan rippled up from his soul and he fell into Rio's arms.

Rio pulled Wiley against him and rocked his quivering body as the tears fell. His voice was soft, filled with the love he felt for the smaller man as he whispered tender words of comfort. His hands stroked Wiley's shuddering back as the sobs tore through him.

And finally the tears ebbed. The horrors of what the good doctor had done to those helpless people filed away in some tight safe area in Wiley's mind.

Assimilated.

He lifted his gaze to Rio and gifted him with a shaky smile. A silent thanks.

Rio smiled back, cupping Wiley's pale cheek. He leaned in and claimed a testing kiss. Wiley opened under him, deepening the kiss into one of quiet comfort and acceptance. The passion would come later, when they had retreated back into their room, but for now...Now, they needed the quiet love that kept them sane.



END