Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
218
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
12
Hits:
835

Mary Mary Can I Go Too?

Summary:

Reasoning comes late, shattering, scattering.//It is not to die, but to die well. Vague spoilers for "Devil's Trap" John-centric.

Work Text:

Author's Notes: Story title and final lyrics are from Mary Mary by The Monkees, written by Michael Nesmith. Summary is paraphrased from the Star Trek novel Battlestations by Diane Carey.

There's a reason why he doesn't want the boys along any more. There's a reason why he left Dean holding the bag. There's really a lot of reasons, including the fact that he knows Dean will bring Sam back into the family and make sure that he's safe for the rest of his life.

But the demon is his, and there's a reason he doesn't want Dean or Sam to help him with this one. And he was so close to it, so close he could have tasted it. It was *inside* him, and he was only two steps away from *knowing* everything.

He was only two steps away from being reunited with Mary.

He didn't want Sam or Dean along because he knew they would die to save him, and the truth was, he didn't want to be saved.

The End

Mary, Mary, where you goin' to?
Mary, Mary, can I go too.
This one thing I will vow ya,
I'd rather die than to live without ya.
Mary, Mary, where you goin' to?