Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Character:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 3 of Vicious Circles Saga
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
588
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
14
Hits:
1,263

Eternal Rivals

Summary:

Naruto thinking about his relationship with Sasuke, from the first time they met when they were little kids, through becoming Gennin and up to the point of Sasuke leaving Konoha. Although this poem can be read on it's own, it is actually the third poem in a series of probably five, which I've named 'The Vicious Circles Saga'. I've completed the first three poems - the first poem is titled 'Oh Sensei', and the second poem is titled 'Now I Am The One'. Now that we have seen the return of Sasuke in the manga, I shall start writing the final two poems... when I have the time & inclination anyway *lol*

Work Text:

ETERNAL RIVALS
BY LADY FLAME

DISCLAIMER: all characters are from the anime 'Naruto', and belong to Masashi Kishimoto, Shonen Jump, and VIZ, this is fanfiction, and no copywrite infringement is intended. PAIRING: Naruto/Sasuke RATING: Fan Rated Teen FIRST PUBLISHED: 2 May 2004 AUTHOR'S NOTES: In my mind I am picturing Naruto talking about his relationship with Sasuke, from the first time they met when they were little kids, through becoming Gennin and up to the point of Sasuke leaving Konoha.

# # # # # # # # # # @ # # # # # # # # # #

'...The first time we met we were six, and entering the Ninja Academy...' '...I thought you were a cold bastard...' '...And you thought I was a dead last idiot...' '...Sparks flew, we always argued, we hated each other...'

'...Then when we were twelve, and the Gennin teams were announced...' '...I was annoyed, and jealous...' '...Sakura was giving you the attention I so craved...' '...I leapt on the desk, and glared at you, which you returned...'

'...Then I got pushed from behind and lost my balance...' '...Dark eyes so close...' '...It felt like I was falling into the abyss...' '...Firm, cool, narrow lips, against my own...'

'...Seconds passed, and we stared frozen...' '...Like rabbits in the glare of torchlight...' '...Then reality intruded...' '...The startled murmers of the other kids, releasing us from our shock...'

'...I jumped away from you...' '...Spitting and rubbing at my mouth, shouting that you'd poisoned me...' '...Electric tingles in my lips, like they were going numb...' '...And a fire burning in my belly...'

'...The night after the fight with Zabuza and Haku...' '...Waking in a cold sweat, images of my nightmare fading...' '...Sneaking to your room, to check you were really still alive...' '...Staying to watch the moonlight kiss your skin, a dark angel fallen from heaven...'

'...Trying so hard to learn the Rasengen from the Ero Sennin...' '...Wanting you to be impressed when I showed it to you...' '...Wanting you to acknowledge me as your equal, no longer a dobe...' '...Angry when you leave Konoha, why do you make me feel this way...'

'...Now we stand here, ready to fight...' '...The Kyuubi against Orochimaru's Curse Seal...' '...And I know that no matter what happens here...' '...Whether you return with me, or join the snake...'

'...You will always be my Eternal Rival...' '...My first kiss, my first love...'

# # # # # # # # # # @ # # # # # # # # # #

Although this poem can be read on it's own, it is actually the third poem in a series of probably five, which I've named 'The Vicious Circles Saga'. I've completed the first three poems - the first poem is titled 'Oh Sensei', and the second poem is titled 'Now I Am The One'. Now that we have seen the return of Sasuke in the manga, I shall start writing the final two poems... when I have the time & inclination anyway *lol*

I will be your friend forever if you go back to the top of the page and click review... feel shy about writing a review, I'll accept 'I like this, it's cool...' :D

love Cara (aka) Lady Flame HOT by name, HOT by nature.

Series this work belongs to: