Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
284
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
15
Hits:
962

Love When I Look Back At You...

Summary:

Jack muses on the complete love of the 9th Doctor & Rose

Work Text:

Jack watched the two of them together? His inward sigh was almost audible. He was running through all the ?loves? in his life at that moment ? Male, female, even a hermaphrodite once or twice..! He?d need them, certainly. He wasn?t shy. He?d gotten totally into their love? He?d gone to good places with them ? But, he was looking at something else.


What is love like that like?? He thought. Look at them! Their worlds depend on each other? It was beautiful, and they were totally unaware of him, so he didn?t feel like a voyeur? And he watched, spellbound, as each aspect of their relationship played out on the dance-floor? Gentle assurance, sweet joy, powerful intent, a commanding domain of brave steps, racing toward improvisation in trusting synchronisation, entwined? All with an underlying tentative invite; awe, respect, recognition? He didn?t know what love was, but Jack could see that this was love!
They danced across the floor, continually? Their auras ending on each other?s backs, for they only needed each other to see SO much!! He thought back to what the Doctor had said; ?I?m sure he would, Rose, I?m sure he would?? It hasn?t been a threat directed at Harkness, he knew that? But the moment those words had left the Doctor?s lips; Jack had seen their souls become one, Rose=The Doctor=Rose? He?d literally watched it happen. Their eyes locked ? It sounded like a clichebut it really wasn?t, this time? The lock of hearts was complete. It was of the soul?


Good luck, guys?Jack looked at them. He meant his words kindly.

The End
21.1.06