Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
300
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
9
Hits:
1,093

Monsters Under the Bed

Summary:

answer to the five minute challenge using the words "monsters under the bed"

Work Text:

Sergeant O'Rourke woke with a start to find Corporal Agarn trying to climb into his cot with him. He blinked and tapped Agarn on the top of the head. "What are you doing?"

Agarn knelt on the floor next to the Sarge and buried his head in O'Rourke's shoulder. He emphatically pointed back to his bunk. "Over there, Sarge."

O'Rourke peered but it was too dark to see anything. "What are you talking about?" he asked in exasperation.

"Monsters under the bed," Agarn's muffled voice replied.

O'Rourke nudged Agarn so that Agarn would look at him. "Did you say monsters under your bed?"

Agarn nodded. "I wouldn't have believed it but they are there."

"What are you, eight?" O'Rourke demanded.

"Take a look for yourself, Sarge," Agarn whined.

O'Rourke grunted, threw his blanket off, and went to check under Agarn's cot. He knelt on the floor with Agarn close behind him. He frowned and pulled out a wooden mask painted with a ghastly face. He showed it to Agarn. "It's one of our souvenir Indian masks, dummy. You're the one who put it under there, remember?"

Agarn smiled sheepishly and rested his chin on O'Rourke's shoulder. "Oh, yeah. Sorry."

"Sometimes, I don't know about you, Agarn." O'Rourke shook his head and rolled his eyes. He got to his feet and went back to his bunk.

Agarn stood at O'Rourke's side. "Can I still get in bed with you?"

O'Rourke turned onto his side, his back to Agarn. Agarn didn't see him smile. "All right."