Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationships:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 6 of Dress Up
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
1,295
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
6
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
1,810

Dress up 7: A Time To Sleep

Summary:

Krycek takes a drastic step

Work Text:



Dress up 7: A Time To Sleep
by PEJA

Mulder's mouth fell open, a look of stunned disbelief reflected in his hazel gaze. "You really think we're here to kill you?"

Alex....Lexi shrugged a delicate shoulder. "Isn't that the plan?" She shifted round to face him a bit more, smiling a little sadly. "Like I said, its all right." Her voice had an almost whimsical quality as she tlted her head and studied him through her kohled lashes. "I've had a good run since I came here. A taste of what the real people have for a normal life." She chuckled softly, disparagingly. "Well, normal for me, that is." She nibbled at her lower lip. "I know I don't have the right to ask for anything," she paused, her eyes dropping to her hands. "Never mind..."

"Say what's on your mind, Krycek," Mulder ordered.

Lexi gave a small nod. "I....I wanted to be prepared for this." her fingers tightened on the beaded clutch. "I don't have much. The cabin. A few personal things. That sort of thing." She cast a quick glance his way. "I've left intructions in the lining of this clutch." She drew a calming breath. "It all goes to Blair. Blair Sandburg. Her...his address is included."

"You want me to execute your will?" Mulder demanded.

Another reconciled smile. "Can you think of a better person to do it." she sighed, worrying her full lower lip again. "I'm not asking for myself.... Blair...." She shook her head. "Never mind." she shifted to stare out the window again. "Guess its not really important."

"This Sandburg?" Mulder broke the heavy silence. "He your lover?"

Lexi shook her head.

"That guy at the bar, Rusty? You told him..."

"I know what I told him." Lexi murmured, defeat heavy in her soft spoken words. "And yea, I was going to take Blair to bed tonight. I was gonna do whatever I could to ease his unrequited love." Her fingers twisted the clutch in her lap. "Blair....He's a good soul." her gaze shifted ahead. "Skinner, turn right at the light and head out of town up the mountain."

Brow arching, Skinner caught the green gaze in his rear view.

""I..." Lexi flushed red and dropped her gaze to the twisting fingers in her lap. "I'd like to end this in my cabin. Its secluded, no one around for miles. Not even a phone."

Silence hung in the air for a long heartbeat

"Please..."

Skinner shrugged and made the requested turn when it came up.

"Krycek, what game are you playing?" Mulder heaved an exasperated sigh. "I know you're far from as compliant in all this."

"Lexi, please." she murmured, head bowed.

Mulder glared at her, then heaving a heavy sigh, leaned back into the seat with a patented Mulder pout.

The drive continued in silence, accept for a few soft spoken words of direction.

Once at the cabin, Skinner rounded the car and let Krycek out, his fingers circling her arm in a tight grip. "No tricks, Krycek."

Lexi sighed. "Wouldn't dream of it." She walked with him up the stone path and pushed open an unlocked door.

Mulder and Skinner exchanged dark frowns at the lack of security, but said nothing.

Inside, Mulder made a circuit of the small cabin, returning just as Krycek pressed the on button on the coffee machine. He sought out Skinner's expressionless eyes once again, curiosity blazing in his own eyes.

Lexi caught the exchange and smiled softly. "You're my guests, Mulder. I see no need to be rude just because you're here to do a job." She moved deeper into the kitchenette, opening the refrigerator and pulling out a plastic quart of milk. "Want some?"

Both men shook their heads in the negative.

Lexi shrugged, then reached up over her head into the open shelf for a blue cyrstal glass. She poured herself a glass and took a sip. "Anyone hungry? I've got some chocolate chip cookies..."

"No, nothing." Skinner cut in.

Lexi shrugged again. "Coffee should be done in a couple more minutes, then." Glass in hand, she moved to a drawer and pulled out a perscription bottle.

Mulder sprang forward, grabbing her wrist and turning it so he could read the label. Sleeping tablets. He arched a glance her way.

"I said I was prepared, Mulder." she murmured. "Have been since I bought the place." A smile ghosted her full lips. "Please come sit down with me." She tugged her wrist free and drifted to the cozy seating area, claiming an overstuffed chair beside the side table. Without a glance their way she opened the bottle and cupping her hand to keep the pills from rolling onto the floor, poured out the bottle. Before Mulder or Skinner could process the scene being played out before them, Lexi had popped several of the pills into her mouth and followed them with a milk chaser.

Mulder stopped her reloaded hand half way to her mouth, hunkering down before her with unspoken questions screaming from his eyes.

"Its better this way." Lexi smiled gently and pulled her hand free, swallowing the second handful of pills.

"No more," Mulder dashed the pills off the table.

Green eyes followed the skipping pills across the floor. "That was foolish, Mulder." She pushed out of the chair and with glass in hand walked back to the kitchette to rinse it out. Without asking she poured up two cups of coffee and delivered them to the stunned men.

That done, she moved across the cabin to an enclosed desk. Sitting at the desk she pulled out a stack of files. "These are for you. Should be enough to keep things hopping for a long time to come." She set them aside and pulled out a packet of sealed envelopes. She pulled out two of them and added them to the stack of folders, setting the rest beside them. "No need to do anything with these. They're addressed to the people who might be concerned when this is over. I've left them unsealed in case you want to read through them." Taking up her clutch she slit the lining and pulled out the tightly folded papers inside. "You know what this is so I won't explain."

"Krycek.."

"I hope you'll find it in your heart to see that Blair gets everything I want him to have." A whimsical look skimmed over Lexi's pale features. "He'll look stunning in my gowns with those curls of his" Her gaze sought Mulder out. "You ...you will see to it that he gets everything won't you?" There was a hint of desperation in her voice. "He's a good kid. Not much money, but he's got a heart big enough to keep the city alive. I want him to be taken care of."

"You are in love with him."

"I love him, yes, but I'm not in love with him, that dubious honor belongs to someone else. Someone who would laugh in my face if he ever learned the truth, but I do love Blair, yes." she sighed, "He's in love with his roommate. The bastard has been sharing him with his lover ever since they caught Blair dressed up. Please, I want Blair to have someplace he feels protected when that goes south and he has no place left."

She swayed gently in her chair. "Dizzy." She attemtped to push to her feet but staggered.

Mulder caught her, steadying her.

Lifting shadowed eyes to his, she smiled. "Take me to bed, Mulder."

Mulder gaped, taken aback.

"It's time." Lexi's eyes fluttered as she struggled ot resist the pills surging through her. "I thought I'd have more time, but....Please, I need to lie down now."


END THIS PART

Series this work belongs to: