Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Character:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Completed:
2006-07-23
Words:
47,796
Chapters:
19/19
Kudos:
24
Hits:
5,831

Possibilities

Summary:

Taken from right after Hathor. SG1 are dealing with the fall out from the Goa'uld take over of the base.

Chapter 1: Mind games

Chapter Text

Possibilities 1

by SAKURA

Disclaimer: I don't own Star Gate or any of the characters. I do not make any money off this story.

I wrote this over eight years ago and am finally posting. It was my first attempt so please be nice. I was a lot younger true no real excuse but it's all I have.
Disclaimer: I don't own Star Gate or any of the characters. I do not make any money off this story.

Possibilities

(1) SG1 stood waiting for the portal to another world to be opened. It had been a month since the area had been breached, by the mother of the Gods Hathor. Since then Dr. Daniel Jackson found that he had no memory of the time she had been there, Dr. Jackson had asked questions about the time but no one would tell him anything. Colonel Jack O'Neill had simply said that 'he wished he could forget' like Daniel had and would say no more.

Daniel knew the basic facts : That a alien who claimed to be Hathor the mother of the Gods and therefore the Goa'uld, had arrived in the area and had some how taken control of all the men including himself on the base. For some unknown reason Daniel could not remember what had happened to him at the time the alien had taken over the base.

During the past month Daniel had been taken to the base doctor for a number of tests. She could find nothing physically wrong with him nothing that would cause his memory loss. Daniel had in fact noticed that the young doctor's fingers had lingered a moment longer than necessary while she examined him. Daniel could not explain how he knew that the woman was attracted to him he could only say that he saw it in her eyes.

Over the past month Daniel had found that the doctor was not the only one who found him attractive, he had found that whenever he entered a room or walked down a corridor the women who were near by started to whisper or giggle some even stopped what they were doing and seemed to look at him longingly. This in it self confused the young archaeologist who had never considered himself a ladies man. Daniel had begun to wonder what the women on the base knew that he didn't, he worried that they felt sorry for him because of what happened, only he could not remember, this scarred him beyond belief.

After the doctor had examined him from head to toe and found nothing that would explain his amnesia she had then past him on to the base shrink. The doctor who Daniel had never met before tried strange yet varied ways of trying to regain his lost memory, after a week of intense mental tests the doctor had come to his last and only hope. He suggested that Daniel should under go a high intensity of hypnotizing. Daniel had looked into the doctors eyes and had felt very strange it was as if he was almost in contact with the doctor, he could feel that the doctor was not as confidant as he appeared on the surface, Daniel knew that the doctor was bewildered and was grasping to the last straws available. Daniel found himself agreeing immediately to the process, he had doubts at first but feeling the intensity in the doctor wiliness to comfort him and tell him there was no real danger.

All these new feelings washed over him like a wave and soon he found himself sitting across from the doctor watching a watch slowly swing from side to side. The only noise he heard was the ticking of the watch and the doctor's voice telling him to relax and to know that he was safe, after a few minutes everything was a blur while all noise and images disappeared.

After three straight hours of listening to Daniel trying to break into his mind the young doctor came out. He had left Daniel in a dream less sleep. In the corridor General Hammond and the rest of SG1 waited for the doctor to come out. O'Neill was the first to his feet and was greeted with a slight shake of the doctors head. O'Neill sat down leaving Captain Carter to ask the relevant questions, she was after all the second in command and a scientist.

" What happened?" Samantha Carter asked.

" I've been at it for over three hours I can't get to the information that you want." The doctor shook his head shame fully.

" You said it could be done " O'Neill injected

" I know I did but I did not know about the barriers."

" What barriers? " Samantha asked astonished

" Up to now I have found five, they all start when I get close to the information."

" Could you break through them?" O'Neill asked

" Even if I could, I could not guarantee that the information would be freely available. There is even the chance that Dr. Jackson would be comprised during the process." O'Neill stood and looked at the doctor.

" What are you saying Doc" O'Neill said. The doctor looked at him and said

" I'm saying that the information is so well guarded that if I trip a wire it could mean that Daniel could be hurt or even die."

" Is that possible, I mean if someone enters his mind it could cause him to kill himself." Samantha asked.

" I've never seen it before but it seemed to be so, if I push the wrong button, well the body cannot survive without the mind."

O'Neill looked at Hammond who gave no real response his silent question.

" It's up to you colonel he's your man and your friend."

" Do you want to continue?" the doctor looked straight at O'Neill.

O'Neill glanced over to Teal`C and Carter he could see the pleading in her eyes as she hastily shook her head. Teal`C as always looked composed but O'Neill knew that the large man cared for Daniel the same way he did. Whatever happened Daniel was still part of the team and O'Neill could not put him in danger simply because of twenty four hours that was missing from his life. He looked at the doctor and confidently said

" No Doc bring him out as quickly as possible, you did your best we couldn't have asked more."

The doctor nodded slightly but O'Neill saw the relief enter his face as he was relieved of all responsibility. The operation hadn't been a success but there would be other times, O'Neill knew that he could not let Daniel die because of what the army wanted to know. Daniel was a civilian and had the right to chose his own destiny which ever way it led.

During the past few weeks Daniel had over heard parts of whispered conversations. Odd lines from technical staff none of which comforted him. Their words ran over and over again in his head as he stood waiting for the gate to come alive.

" No wonder he blacked it out, after what she did to him."

" Do you remember what he was like when the Captain found him."

" Yeah I heard that he didn't speak for a full hour, Shock they said."

These conversations had been stopped as the whole base was informed that as Daniel could not remember what had happened and so it should not be spoken about with him or in front of him. Daniel did not care what they though and said, he had his own theories but no one listened to him any way. He did not care to exchange his feelings with people who felt that he should be kept in the dark. After all the Star Gate operation was mainly due to him, if it was not for him they would still be in the dark of how it worked and would not know about the threat of the Goa'uld.

Daniel was the one responsible for deciphering the gate and without him the SG1 project would never have gotten off the ground.

Daniel Jackson did not know which planet they were going to and he did not really care. For the past few weeks he had the feeling that something was missing. He could not explain the feeling it was as if nothing really mattered any more. He had lost all interest in the present and future. The nightmares and dreams that had been constant since his wife was taken from him were gone. He no longer awoke in the middle of the night screaming her name.

The loss was still there but at night his dreams were of ancient times, times he had spent most of his life trying to understand but now they seemed clear. All of his questions had been answered and he dreamed of a world that he understood yet did not know. He dreamed of Egypt, the Gods and a certain woman who he remember only from dreams, yet when he awoke he could not remember anything about her expect how she had affected him.

Daniel had found that during the past weeks he had a overwhelming urge to study Egypt and old myths and legend these where backed up by the reoccurring dreams. Most of his time was spent looking at histories of the Gods and in the way which they were interpretative. He had in fact gone so far as to record all these facts in a detailed wall chart that showed the Gods throughout history. Daniel had found once he looked back on it that the chart made no sense as all of the lines finished suddenly at dead ends. All the lines from the past seemed to end with a female Goddess.

Daniel had noticed the way that the chart had effected Samantha Carter when she had seen it in his room only a week ago. Since then she, Colonel O'Neill and the alien Teal`C had come into his room a number of times. All three had become interested in the wall chart, they had all asked Daniel a serious of questions all linked with the chart. Daniel in turn had asked each of them what they though the chart meant at this each had remained silent for a few minutes after that they had made a feeble excuse and left.

The colonel gave the order and the symbol for the Star Gate were logged into the computer. The gate started to turn as each Chevron locked into position before moving on to the next one. Daniel looked over at the colonel and said

" Where are we going Jack? "

" Tuscal " O'Neill never moved his eyes from the gate a second later the bubble that came from within the gate shot towards them, it stopped a foot away and bounced back into the gate. Daniel watched as it stabilize and then joined the line as they entered the gate. A few seconds later they had landed on a whole new alien world