Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
338
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
9
Hits:
795

Too Tired

Summary:

Fandom: The Sentinel
Characters: Jim Ellison, Blair Sandburg
Genre: General
Archive: Yes
Word Count: 313
Rating: FRC
Warnings: PWP, smarm
Summary: Jim and Blair are tired.
Author's Notes: I do not own The Sentinel or any of the characters. This was written for entertainment purposes only. No money was made from this endeavor. This was written in response to prompt #1, Tired on the LJ community, 100 situations. Feedback on or off list.
Submitted through the FanFicAddicts mailing list.

Work Text:

Too Tired
by Debbie

Jim Ellison jerked himself awake, trying to pay attention to the boring speaker at the front of the room. Luckily, he was in the back of the room, behind several people so that he was immediately spotted. No one knew he was dozing in the back. He wanted to blow off this seminar, but Captain Banks told him he had to attend. Jim tried to explain to Simon that he was up most of the night with a sick partner, but Simon didn't care. So Jim had showed up at the seminar, having only gotten maybe an hour of sleep the night before. And he was still worried about Blair, who had finally fallen asleep about 6:00 AM this morning. The only good thing about the whole day so far was the fact that it was Friday and Jim had the whole weekend off. He'd be able to catch up with his sleep.

There was a break about an hour later. Jim went outside to make a call to the loft to check up on Blair. The phone was answered after the third ring.

"Hello." Blair's voice still sounded tired. About as tired as Jim was.

"Hey, Chief. How are you doing?"

"Hey, Jim. I can't sleep. My heads all congested. I took some of that medicine, but it hasn't helped yet. Do you have a spare gun hidden around here somewhere?"

"Now, now, Sandburg. It'll get better. You actually took that medicine I got you?"

"Yeah, I'm desperate, man. You gonna be home soon?"

"Not for a while, buddy. It's only 11:30 AM. Why don't you try to get some more sleep? It'll help the medicine work better."

"Really? Okay, Jim. I'll get some more rest. And you can rest when you get home. I can hear how tired you are."

Jim smiled. He couldn't hide anything from his guide and friend.

end